DuJuan Harris; anyone else excited by the little fella?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very impressed by the young dreadlocked mighty might tonight.
Reminds me of a quicker, but not quite as strong, low Maurice Jones Drew.

Rodgers said he could be "special"!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I was very impressed by the young dreadlocked mighty might tonight.
Reminds me of a quicker, but not quite as strong, low Maurice Jones Drew.

Rodgers said he could be "special"!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I would give him a like

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I said it before this game, he may be the best pure runner on the team. He seems to have made progress on his ball security, which really gets me fired up about his potential

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I was very impressed also! I think the combo of him with Cedric (in the future) and Grant if he can continue running like he did on that ONE play tonight!

H

HardRightEdge

Nice effort for a tough kid making his first NFL carries. We'll have to see more of him to see if he's the answer to anything. He might be the change of pace guy we need to alternate with Green. But the Lions were playing dead red pass all game, so judgement will have to be reserved.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There was once a q/b for the Vikings where everyone was speaking so highly of him after one game..

It was ONE game....

Now he really sucks...It was Ponder

As HRE said, lets see it happen more then we can be happy

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I think the fans have a right to get exited over this guy.......hell, any improvement to the run game is reason to get hyped.

I think that if he can prove he can catch a screen, he will be a good crafty little weapon. He seems to have the speed we need and decent vision......so far.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is sad that we get this excited for this guy with the limited number of touches he had. But any sign of life in our running game has the capability of getting us excited.

Reaction score
Showing any glimpses of a somewhat decent running game is exciting to me. Maybe this is all happening at the right time coming into the playoffs. I'm sure we'll see more of him and it was good to see Ryan Grant back in the green and gold! Good win for the Packers!

Packers80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love him already! That first hand-off he had to start off the Packers offense last night was a great run. I'll take him over Starks. Starks runs too east-west trying to find a hole. I CAN"T STAND THAT! We need runners like Harris who aren't afraid to run up the middle.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I love him already! That first hand-off he had to start off the Packers offense last night was a great run. I'll take him over Starks. Starks runs too east-west trying to find a hole. I CAN"T STAND THAT! We need runners like Harris who aren't afraid to run up the middle.
The great part is that Harris has the east-west ability without the hesitation. He does need to work on his vision a bit, but I really admire his willingness to press the gap

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Starks runs too east-west trying to find a hole. I CAN"T STAND THAT! We need runners like Harris who aren't afraid to run up the middle.
IMO the knock on Starks is he can't seem to stay healthy - when healthy he excels at the "plant his foot" and go style required by the Packers' running scheme. He also finishes runs well - almost always falling forward for extra yardage. IMO this is so far off regarding Starks I wonder if you aren't thinking of someone else.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how he's not afraid to lower the boom. The thing that irks me so much about Starks and Green is how easily they would go down and not punish defenders especially db's. This "new guy" we have showed speed and power behind his pads. He does rmind me of MJD but can he catch?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I like how he's not afraid to lower the boom. The thing that irks me so much about Starks and Green is how easily they would go down and not punish defenders especially db's. This "new guy" we have showed speed and power behind his pads. He does rmind me of MJD but can he catch?
Coming out of college they said he was useless blocking and catching. I saw him block last night, so who knows

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here's the touchdown run he had. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000108601/Harris-14-yard-TD-run
But it was his very first play, our first offensive play, where I was like "wow!"

I was really wondering why it took so long to get him more touches after that run, but I'm glad he got them. If he keeps it up the rest of the season and stays healthy, he should be given every opportunity to compete for the starting job next year. Anyone have any idea how he is on blitz pickups and catching the ball?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes I was very impressed also! I think the combo of him with Cedric (in the future) and Grant if he can continue running like he did on that ONE play tonight!

Not to take anything away from Grant, but I'm pretty sure Stephen Hawking could have driven his scooter through that hole and picked up a first down, which reminds me. The OL did a nice job yesterday overall. Barclay is a player.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to take anything away from Grant, but I'm pretty sure Stephen Hawking could have driven his scooter through that hole and picked up a first down, which reminds me. The OL did a nice job yesterday overall. Barclay is a player.
True.... but Starks may have run into the back of one of our blockers, and gotten nothing on the run.
Often reminds me of ole Darrell Thompson from Minnesota. Packer 1st round pick back around 1990, often took the handoff and closed his eyes and just ran the direction the hole was designed. Usually ran right into someone and often times our own guy.... meanwhile there would be big holes if he had vision and could cut back.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thus far I have been impressed with Barclay. He has certainly held his own in the running game, doesn't get nearly as many penalties as EDS and he has shown some real guts coming out in an offense like this and holding his own. When Lang gets healthy I hope the stick him back inside, with that crew of OL getting a game or two to gel before playoffs we could see some more "Steven Hawkins scooter" sized holes in the future.

DuJuan Harris opened my eyes in his first carry as a packer. That was a violent collision that he initiated, not a lot of backs initiate contact like that, gotta love those plays. Apparently though, he has been opening the eyes of the leaders of this team for longer than that. I hope he continues his hard nosed style of running and finds those big chunks of yardage teams are giving us playing 2 high safety all day long

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DuJuan Harris opened my eyes in his first carry as a packer. That was a violent collision that he initiated, not a lot of backs initiate contact like that, gotta love those plays. Apparently though, he has been opening the eyes of the leaders of this team for longer than that. I hope he continues his hard nosed style of running and finds those big chunks of yardage teams are giving us playing 2 high safety all day long

Let's just put it in these terms. When he hit the hole on that first play and initiated the hit at the end, my first thought was, "Damn! Green just grew a pair!" Then they said it was Harris, not Green, and that was enough for me to want to see more of him on the field. The contrast between him and Green is pretty big.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
True.... but Starks may have run into the back of one of our blockers, and gotten nothing on the run.
Often reminds me of ole Darrell Thompson from Minnesota. Packer 1st round pick back around 1990, often took the handoff and closed his eyes and just ran the direction the hole was designed. Usually ran right into someone and often times our own guy.... meanwhile there would be big holes if he had vision and could cut back.
LOL but its called following your blockers!:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts