1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

DT Corey Simon now a free agent

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ArizonaPackerFan, Aug 28, 2005.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is said that Simon only went for the 16 million type of money because he knew no one would pay him that, and he could stay in Philly (as he states that is the only place he wants to be). But as the guys over at PFT.com wrote, If he wanted to stay that bad, wouldn't it have been better to sign the franchise tender? Well if he is within our price range, then sign him to a one year contract, and make sure we don't get into a situation like Trotter and the Redskins. :|
  2. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    According to the following article, the Packers won't sign Simon. It states:

"In any event, the Packers have decided not to pursue defensive tackle Corey Simon, who was abruptly cast adrift Sunday night by the Philadelphia Eagles. Simon expects to sign a blockbuster contract, but it will be with a team that likes him a lot more than do the Packers."

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/aug05/351878.asp
  3. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +45 / 19 / -0
  4. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I believe TT is being smart. If we could sign him at a decent price, great, but I don't think that will happen. If you give him the big contract and signing bonus he wants, how many key players will we lose next year because we can't afford them as a result. The price is not only the money, but the players you lose. That price would seem to be too great.
  5. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Simon signed with the Colts and got a $13 million signing bonus.

It could turn out to be the move that puts the Colts over the top and in the Super Bowl, or it could turn out to be another Peerless Price who the Falcons gave $10 million in a signing bonus 2 years ago and then ended up cutting him yesterday because he hasn't performed to the level he was paid. It will be interesting to see how it turns out with Simon. I would have liked Simon, but not for that kind of money. So I'm glad TT didn't sign him and mortgage the future.
  6. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    that is quite a bit of money, but with Freeney on the end that d-line should be pretty fierce...seems like a nice combo. Price was definitely overpaid, but to his defense the Falcons run the ball about 75% of the time with Vick behind center.
  7. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wow!!!! How on earth can the colts afford him, Peyton, Edge, and Marvin?!?

Regardless, I like that move by the Colts...exactly what they needed, and I'm glad the Packers won't have to face them 'til the super bowl :D