Drops has got to stop!!!!!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that JJ has had a very painfull finger injury the past few games. It might be the reason for the extra drops. I know he has had a drop problem as long as hes been here but that could be a big part of it. I know a painful finger could really make it hard to catch a cold hard ball. This week is in a dome so that sould help. I just hope it heals fast and no more drops from any or are wrs.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I just read that JJ has had a very painfull finger injury the past few games. It might be the reason for the extra drops. I know he has had a drop problem as long as hes been here but that could be a big part of it. I know a painful finger could really make it hard to catch a cold hard ball. This week is in a dome so that sould help. I just hope it heals fast and no more drops from any or are wrs.
So, if he has a painful finger, leading to dropped passes, why is Jordy not playing instead??

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the great WR's has drop now & then...no reason to panic.

Remember, they have had some VERY cold games recently.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, if he has a painful finger, leading to dropped passes, why is Jordy not playing instead??
IDK maybe he feels like he can catch? MM said he hasnt been on the injury report for competitive reasons. I agree though give jordy a shot if his finger is that bad. Then again this week is a dome game so maybe he will be ok?

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like Jennings drops as many but somehow no one gets that upset with him.
i do.. i dont remember what game but it was recent.. i was calling for his ******* head cause he dropped such an easy one.. i said my grandpa coulda caught that with one hand scratching his balls.. im equally as ******* all of them i dont give a **** who it is lol

Cartunist23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been more pissed at Jennings than Jones recently for the drops. Jennings lost that Lions game in my opinion. He's had at least 7 drops from that game to now. I don't know what the hell is going on with him right now

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correlation between production and miscues.

Jennings has had some key drops, but he has had much more amazing performances, that have helped us tremenduously.

Jones not only has many less impactful plays, but I believe his drops per target ratio are bigger, even if Jennings has dropped more passes.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correlation between production and miscues.

Jennings has had some key drops, but he has had much more amazing performances, that have helped us tremenduously.

Jones not only has many less impactful plays, but I believe his drops per target ratio are bigger, even if Jennings has dropped more passes.

The TO syndrome I guess. High production, lots of drops.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
From stats.masslive.com:

Jennings: 76 Rec on 124 Targets (61.3% caught), 41.9% first downs. 4 drops. Also noteworthy about him: 12 TDs, 1265 yfs.

Jones: 50 Rec on 87 Targets (57.5% caught), 37.9% first downs. 6 drops. Also noteworthy about him: 5 TDs, 679 yfs.

It looks pretty clear that Jennings is the more valuable WR. His drop percentage is 3.2% drops/attempt or 5.3% drops/catch. Jones is 6.9% drops/attempt or 12% drops/catch.

This is also uncharacteristic for Jennings, not so much for Jones.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
i do.. i dont remember what game but it was recent.. i was calling for his ******* head cause he dropped such an easy one.. i said my grandpa coulda caught that with one hand scratching his balls.. im equally as ******* all of them i dont give a **** who it is lol

Why would your grandpa be scratching Jenning's balls? :happy0005:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From stats.masslive.com:

Jennings: 76 Rec on 124 Targets (61.3% caught), 41.9% first downs. 4 drops. Also noteworthy about him: 12 TDs, 1265 yfs.

Jones: 50 Rec on 87 Targets (57.5% caught), 37.9% first downs. 6 drops. Also noteworthy about him: 5 TDs, 679 yfs.

It looks pretty clear that Jennings is the more valuable WR. His drop percentage is 3.2% drops/attempt or 5.3% drops/catch. Jones is 6.9% drops/attempt or 12% drops/catch.

This is also uncharacteristic for Jennings, not so much for Jones.

I would never argue jj over gj, just thought Jennings skates by even though he has had some HUGE drops. Driver has this season too it seems like, which is strange.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I would never argue jj over gj, just thought Jennings skates by even though he has had some HUGE drops. Driver has this season too it seems like, which is strange.
He definitely gets by based on the last part of those stat lines. Jennings is just a much more productive member of the offense, and we forgive him for his drops, which I agree, have been higher in number this season. But like I said, that's uncharacteristic for Jennings, not so much for Jones.

I could have included fumbles if I REALLY wanted to knock JJ.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He definitely gets by based on the last part of those stat lines. Jennings is just a much more productive member of the offense, and we forgive him for his drops, which I agree, have been higher in number this season. But like I said, that's uncharacteristic for Jennings, not so much for Jones.

I could have included fumbles if I REALLY wanted to knock JJ.

fumbles are a very strange thing. Very flukey. It doesmt really seem like they continue year to year. well favre, but QBs are a different story.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
fumbles are a very strange thing. Very flukey. It doesmt really seem like they continue year to year. well favre, but QBs are a different story.
True, but I think once a defense notices a particular player carries the ball a certain way, and is prone to fumbling, they go for the strip before the tackle.

Maybe I just notice it because I'm more critical of him, but it seems like this too has been a problem for Jones, and more recently, Driver.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but I think once a defense notices a particular player carries the ball a certain way, and is prone to fumbling, they go for the strip before the tackle.

Maybe I just notice it because I'm more critical of him, but it seems like this too has been a problem for Jones, and more recently, Driver.

or if your last name is matthews you have a knack for it. (last night for example) :)

OP
OP
PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man they must have read this thread cause man did the receiving core step up today. Go pack go!!!! James jones shut alot of people up today also.

Members online