Driver

Reaction score
Hopefully not. Might be better to sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal. Good for both sides and keeps chemistry. Who would we replace him with that would do better?

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
keep him. he was the best player out their for god's sakes. Cobb could use another year and then i think he'd be ready to take drivers place- or jones even.

OP
OP
peteralan71

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb and Gurly are up and coming. But I agree that he should be back. He still makes good plays. And he's the same age as Wood. I'm not ready for either to leave. I am however ready for an offseason that I don't have to watch Wood fall down anymore :)

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you based being on the team on skill alone he shouldnt have been on the team this year.

However, seeing that Driver was the only one who showed up on offense to play today i hope he plays again next year to show this team that the fans matter!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough dilemna.
Love Donald, and he was our BEST WR today.
The sad thing is this: he was really barely open (not even really open) against LBers today.... but he made great catches.
But if a WR is barely able to get open on a LB, I worry.

I want to see Tori Gurley, but I love Donald and he is the heart of this team.
So sad.
Wanted him to go out like Elway with a ring.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
keep him. he was the best player out their for god's sakes. Cobb could use another year and then i think he'd be ready to take drivers place- or jones even.
I felt like Donald brought some sanity back into the game.. like "Come'on guys.... this is how you catch a ball... lets DO THIS!"
He will have to take a big pay cut in order to come back as a Packer.
I feel like he's worth every cent and then some, just his presence brings a sense of calm to me and I'm sure to the players,.. he's like the big brother making sure things are going to be ok.. just today it was way too many other things going awry for him to bring under control!!! :p ... but he gave it one hellava try!!!!

D

Dan115

I felt like Donald brought some sanity back into the game.. like "Come'on guys.... this is how you catch a ball... lets DO THIS!"

I feel like he's worth every cent and then some, just his presence brings a sense of calm to me and I'm sure to the players,.. he's like the big brother making sure things are going to be ok.. just today it was way too many other things going awry for him to bring under control!!! :p ... but he gave it one hellava try!!!!

I don't Ted will be willing to pay Driver big money. If he would take a big pay cut yes. Ted is (as I am sure you know) very tight with money.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I bet if Ted sold some more shares to keep him in,..he'd get it! lol!!!

I was waiting for you Dan!!!... I know its wishful thinking,...but after tonight,..thats all I got! :whistling:

D

Dan115

I bet if Ted sold some more shares to keep him in,..he'd get it! lol!!!

I was waiting for you Dan!!!... I know its wishful thinking,...but after tonight,..thats all I got! :whistling:

YEA, it hurts. But this team is still close. Need to add some play makers. Only need a few.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tori Gurley and Driver will be given equal opportunity to win the final roster spot next year. The age difference will offset any experience advantage Driver might have. Driver is at the age at which WRs decline very quickly. The fact that Gurley was given a raise 2 months ago and that he turned down a spot on an active roster tells me that he has been given strong indications that he has a future with the Packers. It will be an uphill battle for Driver to win a roster spot, but I'm sure he'll be given every chance.

L

Lunchboxer

He will be back.

Hes the only guy I could give the game ball to because he dident drop it.

Gotta have a Veteran like that in the Locker Room.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He will be back.

Hes the only guy I could give the game ball to because he dident drop it.

Gotta have a Veteran like that in the Locker Room.

Jennings can be that guy. Driver's production has steadily dropped for the last 3 years. Thompson already proved with Favre that he won't make a roster decision based on emotion or popularity, nor should he. DD said before the season started that he understood that and that when the time comes for the Packers to move on, he will NOT do what Favre did. The question is, will fans behave the way they did when he refused to hand the reigns back to Favre 3 years ago?

If Driver's performance in camp and preseason next year warrants him a roster spot, he'll be back.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Driver caught his touchdown pass and the game was pretty much out of hand, he jogged back down the sideline giving a wave to the fans. I couldn't help but wonder if it was a farewell wave.

L

Lunchboxer

When Driver caught his touchdown pass and the game was pretty much out of hand, he jogged back down the sideline giving a wave to the fans. I couldn't help but wonder if it was a farewell wave.

Yea. Who knows he may or may not be back. Time will tell.

Reaction score
From profootballtalk.com

The soon-to-be 36-year-old is due $5 million in 2012 in base salary and bonuses. Even though he outplayed some of his younger cohorts on Sunday, Driver slid to the No. 4 receiver role and finished with only 445 yards on the year.
“This is a business, and if they decide to go a different route with the young players then I’ve got to go do what I want to do,” Driver said via Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com. “And that means . . . am I going to go somewhere else and play, or do I put the cleats up?
“Right now, I’m not ready to put the cleats up, so I guess I’ll be going somewhere else to play.”
It’s an emotional time, but we suspect Driver’s words will prove correct. The Packers are paying Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, and James Jones a lot of money. Randall Cobb’s role will only grow.
Wilde also points out that the Packers like practice squad receivers Tori Gurley and Diondre Borel. They paid both those receivers extra money to retain them this year.
Add it all up, and Driver seems likely to have played his last game with the Packers after 13 seasons. He may have played his last game in the NFL, because he’s not a guy that figures to get a lot of attention as a free agent if he was cut.

Members online

Latest posts