Driver and Saints #41

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one mentioned one of the most momentum shifting parts of the game. In the end of the second, prior to Brett's INT, Driver had a great catch to get to the redzone. Then #41 on the Saints hog tied Driver and threw him to the ground to get the Personal flag thrown. I think that off setting call against Bubba was B.S. He didn't even touch the guy. He pointed and said something yet that was equal to that A-Hole picking Driver up and throwing him to the ground? B.S. Had we got that call, we would have been inside the 10 and stuck to the run.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you sure we would have stuck to the run???

Remember that Mike McCarthy is the HC and he calls the plays, IF Sean Payton were GB´s HC I will bet the farm on it,,,, with Mike I wont bet a gallon of milk.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Are you sure we would have stuck to the run???

Remember that Mike McCarthy is the HC and he calls the plays, IF Sean Payton were GB´s HC I will bet the farm on it,,,, with Mike I wont bet a gallon of milk.

so you can guarentee that payton would have won that game on sunday if he was coaching the packers.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba should have controlled himself better. its that simple. I can understand standing up for your fellow teamates but if you saw drivers reaction he was up and laughing. No need for Bubba to come in and do what he did. Even if it wasnt the best call in the world ;)

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Bubba should have controlled himself better. its that simple. I can understand standing up for your fellow teamates but if you saw drivers reaction he was up and laughing. No need for Bubba to come in and do what he did. Even if it wasnt the best call in the world ;)

I will take team unity over a bs call from the refs anyday. What in the world could Franks have said that would have gotten a personal foul?? He never even touched the guy, who was more than out of line. I was surprised that more Packers didn't step in after that one.

Of course that sucked, but that play didn't change the game. It didn't stop the drive or change momentum. Favre's interception was the game changer.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually MM had the run personnel in there anyways but decided to change the call. This does lend itself to the notion he would have more than likely run the ball if it had been placed on the five or so.

MM said later he regretted switching the play but hey, Brett had plenty of time, no one got open, and he let it go a fraction to late. I dn't blame Brett and I don't blame MM.

It's just unfortunate because until the "D" get's it's act together we need every score we can get.

Latest posts