Dream Super Bowl halftime show

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had to go back to a band not within this past decade I'd go with Kool and the Gang. If it had to be a more modern band or artist I'd have to say Vampire Weekened, Ra Ra Riot, Arcade Fire or something.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the SB is back in Nawlin's, the Funky Meters would be perfect.

I dug the Who last year and Prince was very good also a few years back.

How about the Doobie's with Michael McDonald?

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
When the SB is back in Nawlin's, the Funky Meters would be perfect.

I dug the Who last year and Prince was very good also a few years back.

How about the Doobie's with Michael McDonald?

I've seen Michael McDonald several times recently, too, and I would love that. What a talent.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL have to agree there. I love the old rockers, but I never cared for Dylan at all until GNR and Ministry covered his songs
Yeah, thanx.

There are two things that make Dylan impossible for me to listen.
One, his voice. Dude can't sing to save his life.
Two, his rabid worshipping fans who think he is greater than sliced bread.

I do agree that he is a decent song writer though as overrated as it is.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah because he isn't considered one of the best singer/songwriters of all-time. He also hasn't sold millions upon millions of albums in just about half a century of work. I didn't know I had to pick someone YOU personally would enjoy...
He had his time.
And do you really think Dylan would sell out like that?

And check my earlier post on my opinion on rock/pop SB halftime acts.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Yeah, thanx.

There are two things that make Dylan impossible for me to listen.
One, his voice. Dude can't sing to save his life.
Two, his rabid worshipping fans who think he is greater than sliced bread.

I do agree that he is a decent song writer though as overrated as it is.

He is a great song writer, gotta give him credit for that, but I never took that into thought until I heard Ministry's cover of 'Lay Lady Lay', and Guns N Roses 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door'.

I don't think he can sing either, but I don't have much room to talk about his fans, cause I'm a die hard Bowie fan that loves everything he did in the 70's, and it's fair to say when he was singing China Girl and Let's Dance, he could have put more effort in his singing.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The greatest half-time show can never happen, Most of the Ramones are dead. Here is why I think they would have been the best half-time show EVER.

They got what, 15 minutes up there? The Ramones would have sung 5-7 songs.

The whole point of the half time show is to keep the positive energy going. If anyone else ever had the luck to see them live, NO one can match the force they were on stage.

Blitzkrieg Bop is a staple at stadiums, everyone knows at lest one of their songs, they just need to see who they are.

No chance of wardrobe malfunctions

just something very real about them. Something half time shows have lacked for awhile.

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skarecrow NAILED it! The SB halftime show is taken as seriously as the Probowl is. It's become a joke.

As for Dylan, I'm a fairly big fan of Dylan but a halftime show? :snooze: You're kidding, right? He'd go over about as popular as a ********* babysitting service.

azpackersfan12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Earth Wind & Fire would be awesome, they would bring so much energy into the building. Verdine is sooooo entertaining and his energy is infectious. One of the, if not THE best soul/funk band ever, and they have a bunch of songs that you may not know are them, but you've heard it a ton. If this song don't get you bobbin your head and dancin, you ain't got a soul: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVJR6PcYX2o"]YouTube - Earth, Wind, & Fire 2004 #7-Jupiter[/ame]

Others I'd like to see: Paul McCartney, ACDC, Tower of Power, Foo Fighters, Eric Clapton, Jurassic 5, Ozomatli, and Robert Randolph and the Family Band.

azpackersfan12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think for me, it would be Earth, Wind, & Fire. They are absolutely awesome in concert. It's like they're not even senior citizens. :wink: (Verdine White is in his late fifties - maybe even 60 - but I have seen him perform recently and you'd swear he was thirty, if that.)
Does Sonny Emory still tour with them? That guy is an amazing drummer. As a drummer myself, he was one of the guys I looked up to and studied he's incredible.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
weezer. they are not old yet. they dont need to be autotuned *cough* black eyed peas *cough*. and everyone at least knows one song. they could play beverly hills, buddy holly, island in the sun, and pork and beans

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm Old School so I go for ...Lawrence Welk
Bobby & Sissy cuttin' the rug would be a show stopper.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lawrence Welk. Wow you are old school!

Yeah, Eric Clapton would be over the top-good. Imagine him and his band playing "Layla" on that stage. Epic.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just thought of someone who is alive... Grand Funk Railroad. P-Funk. Some George Clinton. Bet they would have the greatest half-time show ever.

And everyone knows them also from them being in the Hit movie "PCU"! (maybe not)

azpackersfan12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just thought of someone who is alive... Grand Funk Railroad. P-Funk. Some George Clinton. Bet they would have the greatest half-time show ever.

And everyone knows them also from them being in the Hit movie "PCU"! (maybe not)
As awesome as George Clinton is, I went to a show of his a couple of years ago, and it was absolutely horrible. Probably one of the worst concerts I've ever been to. Clinton looked drugged out and was just kinda stumbling around, he could barely speak let alone sing a tune, and they were butchering their own songs. It was pretty sad. Hopefully things have changed for him since then.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, I will stop hiding and come out on this one!
Since I was at the Super Bowl, I can relate to this one..... I had no interest in the Black Eyed Peas, although I do like some of their songs actually.

For me:
-Lifehouse
-U2

That combo would be awesome.... I'll never forget the halftime show of the Patriots v Rams Super Bowl first one after 9-11 and U2 singing Beautiful Day with the names of all the killed rolling up. By far the most emotional halftime show in history. I wonder if it's on youtube..... (Bono has pissed me off with his politics in S Africa lately though....)

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When they play the SB in New York in a few years lets bring in Bobby & Cissy to do THIS song....imagine this in front of 50 million people...now that is entertainment!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJtILlIqCR8"]YouTube - Lawrence Welk - Bobby and Cissy[/ame]

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have this secret fantasy of having one of those ear shattering boom babba boom cars with the thunder bass pull up next to me, and I have an even BIGGER killer stereo system and start playing Lawrence Welk that just drowns theirs out..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts