Drafting a D-Line

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
We have Ryan Pickett, aging but useful. We have Anthony Hargrove and Daniel Muir, two proven linemen. We have Mike Neal and Jarius Wynn, two prospects who have shown some small amount of promise. We also have CJ Wilson and another Guy. Can anyone Besides Raji play Nose Tackle? If not then these guys are all DE (half-way decent corp) and we have no back-up for Raji. Any chance of drafting a NT instead of a DE?

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping Jerel Worthy slids to us in the 2nd round or we move up to grab him. Another option might be
Michigan's Mike Martin. This year's crop for pure DT/NT is pretty weak, so I don't believe we will draft one
until the 4th - 6th rounds.

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm hoping Jerel Worthy slids to us in the 2nd round or we move up to grab him. Another option might be
Michigan's Mike Martin. This year's crop for pure DT/NT is pretty weak, so I don't believe we will draft one
until the 4th - 6th rounds.
The only real NT prospects are Poe, Ta'amu, Jean-Baptiste and Fanguopo. Some, myself included think Martin or Still could do it. Any way you slice it, it's unlikely til the fourth.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be nice to get Jerel Worthy, but we may have to trade up a few at #28 to get him.

Our DL sucked last year. Why Raji made the pro bowl is beyond me. Which reminds me, I have a question: is Raji's natural position NT or DE in a 3-4, or is Raji out of position altogether in a 3-4 and is better off as DT in a 4-3?

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
It would be nice to get Jerel Worthy, but we may have to trade up a few at #28 to get him.

Our DL sucked last year. Why Raji made the pro bowl is beyond me. Which reminds me, I have a question: is Raji's natural position NT or DE in a 3-4, or is Raji out of position altogether in a 3-4 and is better off as DT in a 4-3?
Raji is too big to be classified a true end, so he's more likely a 4-3 tackle. We probably should switch them again like we did in 2010 (or was it 09?) and put Pickett on nose with Raji on end

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the looks of it, Pickett is our only back-up at NT, but he starts at DE. Hype no like.
Both Pickett and Raji are getting too many snaps. I think we have Pickett just backup Raji and play 30% of the snaps. This makes our need at DE that much greater. I still have hope that either Wynn or Johnson can step to the plate. I also have not given up on Neal. We signed a FA DE and we still need to get some help in the draft.

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Both Pickett and Raji are getting too many snaps. I think we have Pickett just backup Raji and play 30% of the snaps. This makes our need at DE that much greater. I still have hope that either Wynn or Johnson can step to the plate. I also have not given up on Neal. We signed a FA DE and we still need to get some help in the draft.
Muir is too small to play tackle for us so that makes two one year deals with de we have

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
DE is the weakest link on this team.

BJ.......our best DL, but needs help up front
Pickett.......getting old and his contract is up in 2013. Need a replacement fast
Wynn......too small and an average pass rusher
Wilson.....also small, very average run stopper
Green......gone
Neil......lots of problems with this guy, still has a chance
Guy.....concussed as a rookie and IR'ed, not a good sign
Muir....a run stuffer who wont beat out Wilson.
Hargrove......could be the diamond in the rough

Draft some DL-men TT.

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Hargrove......could be the diamond in the rough
The guy is 28, if he's "in the rough" still then he better just stop playing now. The man has proven himself elsewhere, lets hope he keeps it up when he comes to us.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
The guy is 28, if he's "in the rough" still then he better just stop playing now. The man has proven himself elsewhere, lets hope he keeps it up when he comes to us.

I just ment he could be are best linemen sans Raji.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts