Draft Projections. Bush may be tough to get.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a previous post stated a couple days ago, currently we would pick #4 behind

1. Houston (In no need of a QB or RB)

2. Jets - (Leinhart is their man)

3. SF - (Would fall head over heals for a Bush/Smith combo.)

4. Us.

As seen this year and past years a very good D wins games. If you have an average O along with an awesome D, most teams will have close games. We need to first build the D and then improve the O.

I think we need to focus on D. A.J. Hawk should be the player that is on our early radar until more info. comes out regarding the draft class for the fans. Someone to quarterback our D.

The other option is to trade down and receive multiple 1st and/or 2nd round picks. Which I think is the most likely option (plus we would save money on signing bonuses and contracts).

Could anyone post TTs prior 1st round Draft Pick track record with Seattle?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My money says AJ Hawk is a Packer next year......and I will be excited as all hell to have him. He is the only pick that makes sense between 4 and 6 spot in the first round. Nothing but an ***-kickin' machine for his entire career...and brings some much needed toughness to this defense.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we may take that DT from Oregon (I can never remember his name) or, more likely, end up with a mid-first round pick and an extra second and third and take someone I can't name right now because I haven't been focused at all on the draft right now.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could you guys Imagine AJ hawk and Slay in Green and gold would be an awesome punch. Slay is fast tall and brings the wood for a SS man that would be awesome

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Side note - Sorry for the run-on Paragraph. It is probably simple to fix, but I am having problems separating paragraphs and numbered lists in my messages. Could someone educate me on proper formatting for this site's messages?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No mater how you slice it, the draft appears to be rich at the positions of greatest need for the Packers....and also allows us to trade down, get what/whom we desire, and add a few picks along the way.

Need a RB and are our of the running for Bush...well, there is DeAngelo Williams from Memphis, or Lawrence Maroney from Minnesota.

DE....Mario Williams is the big name, but guys like Tamba Hali go later in the first and get you additional picks to boot.

No matter if we stick with our original picks, or trade down for added players/picks, this is a draft that fits our needs very well.

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I hope we win every game and don't wish to lose the rest of our games, in draft pick value the higher we are on the board the more we get for the pick if we wish to trade down.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yES dEFENSE DRAFT TONY MANDARICH INSTEAD OF A RB THAT ENDED UP WHERE????? IN THE HALL OF FAME !!!!! AND TONY ENDED UP WHERE???? IN MCDONALDS.... RISKS EVERYWHERE...

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we don't have a shot at Bush (and maybe even if we do considering what someone may give up to get him) I really hope we trade down to a late top 10 pick (assuming we stay at #3, 4 or 5). The extra second round and late second day pick this will net us will be invaluable in contributing to our overall depth (remember what the Giants gave up to get Manning and the players the Charges were able to obtain as a result of moving down three slots).

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can get outside the top 10 and still get Haloti Ngata DT, we can stay in top 10 and get Mario Williams or the kid from Boston College...Mathias Kiwaniki (sp), LBs like Greenway or Ahmad Brooks are available around 8 - 12, depending how the draft stacks.

Personally, if we are in the top 3, I say we trade down, get a ransom from someone who is in love with a particular player, and build for the now and the future in one draft.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL draft is five months away.

The Reggie Bush talk is all horse****. Why?

1)Reggie Bush is a junior. As of today, he hasn't declared his decision whether to give up his senior year. If you recall his teammate Leinert gave up a sure top pick #1 selection last year to return for his senior year.
So to say he's going to be the #1 is premature. In fact, Pete Carroll is pissed at the media for saying it's a done deal that he's coming out.

2)It assumes the Packers aren't going to win anymore games and Houston, Jets, San Fran are all ahead of Green Bay in draft order as of today...WITH FOUR WEEKS TO GO. By the way, reports out of Houston say the Texans would take either Bush or Lienart, as Carr likely will be released rather than pay him an 8 million bonus, and the running back they recently signed wouldn't be an impediment to ALSO signing Bush. (Pro Football Talk)

3)It also assumes that Tightwad Ted Thompson would want to keep the pick. There's many good running backs available this year and Tightwad Ted might think we'll take the #2 guy if they could pick up some other good players.

If Bush fell into the Packers laps(if all the if's and buts become candy and nuts) they would snap him up in an instant, but to wring hands over getting Bush is really out there at this point.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tightwad Ted? And whom was he to spend money on this year? The guy is digging out of the mess it took Mike Sherman years to create. Look at the most successful team over the past 5 years...the Patriots. Do they just throw money at the problem? No, they build depth and quality through the draft and define specific needs for FA acquisitions to get them over the top. And, let's face it, GB has not been an attractive place for FAs for the last several years. Has something to do with the QB retiring soon and poor playoff showings....commonly referred to in these parts as chokes. Players may have a clue to what type of strategist and tactician Sherman is and, money being reasonable close, will go somewhere else.

Tell me, net, who should Thompson have brought in that would make a diference and not strap us monetarily in the future?

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NET come on. This forum is exaclty for what you so ridicule. Speculation whether about Favre staying or going or who the Pack may or may not draft. I say that if you have nothing better to do than try and call out people for speculating and hey having high hopes for the future find another forum. It is the reason I came here to get away from people like you who think thier brand of analyisis is better than anyone else like say on the ESPN boards

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I hear looks pretty good and expect Favre to again restructure his contract if he comes back to make it even better

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without an increase in the cap, we will have approximately $15 million to play with.

Thanks Tightwad Ted...if only you were a free spending lunatic like Sherman, perhaps we would not achieve the healthy cap position we will be in next year.

Hey net...took the Tightwad only one year....one year...to correct the financial mess created by MS. Not to shabby in my book....oh and look at that talent poor Seahawks team...what were he and Holmgren thinking when they put that team together??!?

hitking2456

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fvre4mvp said:
Poluszny from Penn state
Posluzny said he probably won't go in the draft. If Bush is gone, I think Green Bay should choose either Hawk from OSU, or Tamba Hali from Penn State. I know he's a defensive end, but he could be converted to a LB. He is definitely fast enough

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hitking2456 said:
fvre4mvp said:
Poluszny from Penn state
Posluzny said he probably won't go in the draft. If Bush is gone, I think Green Bay should choose either Hawk from OSU, or Tamba Hali from Penn State. I know he's a defensive end, but he could be converted to a LB. He is definitely fast enough

Ssshhhh...do not mention Bush. There is an official thread for that!!!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So do I but we have an official thread for Reggie Bush...haven't you been paying attention? The only place that we are to speak of Reggie Bush is in the official Reggie Bush thread...geez. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts