DRAFT PREDICTION TIME POLLS: Trade or no trade of #21?

What happens for our first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 6794

We have 9 picks. We don't need 9 more players. 5 or 6 won't make the team. Draft quality not quantity.

It would be a horrible draft if 5 or 6 guys out of 9 wouldn´t make the team. Over the last three seasons the Packers had 29 draft picks, 21 of them have played for the Packers with JC Tretter probably becoming the 22nd in 2014.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positions Open for easy upgrades:

• QB: 0 probably (Backup Flynn was re-signed, and they think they can groom Tolzein.)
  • RB: 0 probably (We already might have to cut a good one in Harris or Franklin.)
  • TE: 1-2 (Quarless, Bostic, nobody else, and they're only okay themselves.)
  • WR: 1-2 (I put 2 because none of those guys after Boykin have sold me, yet.)
  • OL: 1-2 (Center position is no sure thing, plus Sherrod might be on his last leg.)

• DL: 0-1 (I think they're set there, plus have depth. But if Louis Nix slides, they might grab him.)
  • ILB: 1-2 (For sure our ILB can be upgraded, but they might like Barrington.)
  • OLB: 0-1 (Can never have too many pass rushers. Nate Palmer, Andy Mulumba upgrades?)
  • CB: 1 (Tramon in last year of contract, Hyde might be moving to safety.)
  • S: 1-2 (If not so much $ handed to Burnett last year, I'd love to see 2 new ones starting, but....)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I was talking about this earlier today with a buddy of mine. When you look at the roster I see 4-5 spots available. Based on past you can kinda figure there is going to be a free agent surprise or two in camp that steps up. The roster is deep, I would much rather get a few impact players then more of what is already there as depth. Even at receiver for example you got Myles White beefing up and Chris Harper hopefully developing. Dorsey is coming back to compete as well. They couldn't keep Charles Johnson last year based on room. It's time to make a move on some "impact players". There are already almost 70 guys on the roster. The practice squad is great but I can't think of a lot of guys that have stepped up from the practice squad and made that big of a positive impact.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I was talking about this earlier today with a buddy of mine. When you look at the roster I see 4-5 spots available. Based on past you can kinda figure there is going to be a free agent surprise or two in camp that steps up. The roster is deep, I would much rather get 3-5 impact players then more of what is already there as depth. Even at receiver for example you got Myles White beefing up and Chris Harper hopefully developing. Dorsey is coming back to compete as well. They couldn't keep Charles Johnson last year based on room. It's time to make a move on some "impact players". There are already almost 70 guys on the roster. The practice squad is great but I can't think of a lot of guys that have stepped up from the practice squad and made that big of a positive impact.

Even the good GMs in the NFL only end up getting one starter out of every three picks. While I like a trade to move up some spots if there´s a player on the board Thompson really wants to draft I´d rather prefer the Packers to have more picks during a draft.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Even the good GMs in the NFL only end up getting one starter out of every three picks. While I like a trade to move up some spots if there´s a player on the board Thompson really wants to draft I´d rather prefer the Packers to have more picks during a draft.

Yeah. I really hope he makes a move or two on guys that he feels can help us now.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah. I really hope he makes a move or two on guys that he feels can help us now.

Well they got your guy Dix. I can't believe he was there at 21. I like brooks and he could of been gotten later but maybe Dix is a better fit being a little taller with our shorter corners. Dix does have superior 20 yard and 60 yard shuttle times then Brooks which explains his good range. Regardless, I am sure it will be a big improvement over last years situation. If Burnett can return to strong safety form before his contract extension then secondary should be set.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts