Draft format

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys like the current draft formula? Or did you like some of the previous ways they have set it up? Split into 3 days? 2 days? Or a single day?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I enjoyed it more the way it was because I would record the draft and listen to it on the radio while doing yard work. Then as the Packers picks approached (or a trade was executed) I'd go inside and watch and get online. But the only thing certain in life is change so I'm fine with it the way it is. And I applaud the NFL for taking advantage of the draft's popularity and putting it on prime time.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I HATE HATE HATE this format so much more.
When I was single and didn't have a life as much, more days and time would be fine. Milk it.

But now it sucks to have to make time for 3 days/nights? No way. This first night sucks.... imagine waiting for 4 hours, then we trade out of round one. What a wasted night watching all these guys go that I want... then we don't even make a pick.

Go back to the way it was.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish it was the old way. Nothing like snuggling up on the couch with a beer and watching TV for 22 hours on a Saturday and Sunday.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The draft is one of my favorite parts of the NFL and I like it the way it is now. As Pat4DaPack said, the more draft the better!

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is one for you...
I'd like to see them take the number of picks that a team has and multiply that by 3 or 4 minutes. That is the total amount of time that you have to make all of your selections. It would add more strategy and a bit of drama to the process. So, if we used 3 minutes, the Packers would have 36 minutes for all of their picks while the Falcons with only 5 picks get a total of 15 minutes. If they use 10 minutes on their first selection, they only have 5 minutes on their clock to make their remainng selections. This would eliminate the teams from using the entire clock when they know who they are selecting and have no desire to make a trade.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish it was the old way. Nothing like snuggling up on the couch with a beer and watching TV for 22 hours on a Saturday and Sunday.

If you're only drinking one beer while watching the draft for 22 hours, then you're doing it wrong.

Members online

Latest posts