Don't Panic Everyone.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As has been said before: this season is eerily similar to 2010. When we lost to the Lions and Pats toward the end of the season it looked like the playoffs were history. Then the streak of excellent play by both lines led to the Championship. I'm hoping, like kitten, the same thing happens this year. We have the ability to dominate; it's a mystery to me how we can play so terribly at times.

I just bumped up a 2010 thread about firing Mm and the ol

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read these posts about 2010 and seemingly drawing a parallel to 2012 but has anyone heard of the expression Fools Gold?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read these posts about 2010 and seemingly drawing a parallel to 2012 but has anyone heard of the expression Fools Gold?

The big difference is Rodgers is playing and hasn't missed any games this year. The only similarity really is all the injuries on defense. He missed the New england game, and was knock'd out the Lions game which we both lost. Heck you can even say this years team has better reserves on defense then the 2010 D had and those guy's got it done. It's the coaching imo not the personnel.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our defensive reserves may be better but we are missing some important cogs like Matthews and Woodson who hopefully will return soon. But we are also permanently missing guys like Desmond Bishop, Nick Collins and Cullen Jenkins from that squad. I like the young secondary but I see little pass rush unless Matthews is playing.

On offensive I think we both agree the talent on the OL is not what it was in 201o.

But I certainly agree that coaching is a part of it. It pains me when I hear a guy like Randall Cobb say the Packers didn't bring enough emotion to the game last night. That is inexcusable. And I don't believe this team plays with enough physicality. Their manhood was handed to them last night. They need to check for their ****** today.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our defensive reserves may be better but we are missing some important cogs like Matthews and Woodson who hopefully will return soon. But we are also permanently missing guys like Desmond Bishop, Nick Collins and Cullen Jenkins from that squad. I like the young secondary but I see little pass rush unless Matthews is playing.

On offensive I think we both agree the talent on the OL is not what it was in 201o.

But I certainly agree that coaching is a part of it. It pains me when I hear a guy like Randall Cobb say the Packers didn't bring enough emotion to the game last night. That is inexcusable. And I don't believe this team plays with enough phyiscality. Their manhood was handed to them last night. They need to check for their ****** today.

Yea the last two times we have played the Giants they have completely made us look plain bad. You would think after last years butt kicking the guy's would have been a little more focused...they were far from it and got embaressed. I can't remember the last time we just got drug on both sides of the ball like we did last night. Sad

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I am starting to think I was the only calm Packers fan on Sunday night. While the game was depressing, it was the first blow out I can remember in recent history and heck as I been putting it, EVERY TEAM circled the game versus the Packers this year. And every team plans for it not wanting to lose. We took down the Texans, a game everyone thought we would lose, then we lost to the Giants who it seemed the general population was guessing was going to lose.

The Packers were not the sleeper team like the Colts were. The Pack is a prime team that every team wants to beat still. And that is why I'm not worried, they can fix it, not every team can be the Giants. The patched up Packers are still a force to be reckoned with. Go Pack Go!

The_PackisBack

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't know if its been said but after week 12 in that amazing 2010 season we were 7-4 after a hard lost to Atlanta on the road. Sure this was way more a beat down but still after week 12 we are 7-4 after a hard loss to the Giants on the road. We were hurt and both lines looked bad in 2010 just has they did Sunday night.

Now I'm not saying book your tickets to New Orleans but it should maybe make us panic less. These guys have been there before. They know what it takes to win even when adversity is not only staring them in the face but has suckered punched them and kicked them while they were down.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Luckily for the Green Bay Packers, Super Bowls are not won or lost in Week 12 of a season.

In fact, recent history suggests that getting served a dish of humble pie late in the season has actually become a prerequisite for NFC teams qualifying for the Super Bowl over the last handful of years.

Sunday in New York, the Packers got their serving. They may have gone in for seconds and thirds as the Giants rather easily and efficiently blew out Green Bay, 38-10. The 28-point loss represented the largest final deficit for the Packers since 2007 (35-7, at Chicago), and the first time since 2008 that the team had lost a regular-season game by 14 or more points (51-29, at New Orleans).

(SNIP)

Back in Week 12 of 2007, the Minnesota Vikings handed the Giants a 41-17 whooping in New York. Eli Manning threw four picks, three of which were returned for touchdowns as the Tarvaris Jackson-led Vikings steamrolled what looked like a dying football team.

Instead of kissing a 7-4 start goodbye, New York came alive. The Giants won three of their last five games, qualified for the postseason and got hot at the right time. A little over two months after getting embarrassed at home by the lowly Vikings, the Giants were on top of the football world.

Almost four years later, the Giants pulled off nearly the same trick.

Believe it or not, this was an Associated Press headline from the New Orleans Saints 49-24 laugher win over the Giants on Monday night in Week 12 last season Drew Brees accounts for 5 TDs as Saints demolish fading Giants

Fading? Try just waking up. Once again, the blowout loss to a top NFC team meant relatively little. The Giants won three of their last five regular-season games, entered the playoffs with the worst record of the six NFC teams and then rode Manning to another Super Bowl title.

The Cardinals have similar tales from the 2008 season, when Arizona was blown out in several late-season games (48-20 at Philadelphia, Week 13; 35-14 vs. Minnesota, Week 15; 47-7 at New England, Week 16). Those same Cardinals then won four straight decisions before Ben Roethlisberger’s late heroics in Super Bowl XLIII snatched away what could have been a world championship.

This team could even draw from the 2010 Packers, even though that club did not technically suffer a loss quite like Sunday’s 38-10 fall. However, those Super Bowl winners were punched in the mouth on the road by the Detroit Lions, a loss that made winning the franchise 13th world championship look more like the stuff of fantasy than a real possibility.

Yet Green Bay won two of their last three games, snuck into the postseason on the last day and then witnessed quite possibly the best stretch of playoff quarterback play in the history of the game. Left for dead in Week 14, the Packers won Super Bowl XLV.

The moral of this story: There is no such thing as a knockout blow in Week 12.

As the Packers can attest to last season, the best team in Week 12 wins nothing more than a jump in hundreds of meaningless power rankings. These days, the team kissing the Lombardi Trophy in February is usually the one that punches their ticket to the dance no matter the seed and then gets all the moves right in the postseason.

Despite an ugly rendition Sunday night, these Packers still have ample time to get their steps in rhythm for the games that really matter.

Source: JSOnline.com

Members online

Latest posts