Don't Panic Everyone.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I believe they know well where they stand. I think they've been playing with a sense of urgency all season. Here's why; at the beginning of this season I thought they might end up .500 because I saw the injuries coming. They've been playing with a come from behind attitude all season due to the massive injury count.

This team has overcome a load of injuries that would have put other teams in the bottom of the league. To be playing at such a high level with so many substituted parts is a real amazing feat by any team. This team has done it and done it repeatedly.

Then, to have your Pro-bowl Quarterback go down with a concussion and still keep the game close with a virtual unknown at the helm is darn near olympian.

Instead of complaining because they lose a game once in a while and might not make the playoffs, just doesn't take in the big picture, in my opinion. With the obstacles they've had to overcome we should be delighted and surprised if they make the playoffs. We can't expect a pile of 2nd and 3rd stringers to play on a par with a team full of starters, yet this team has done that time and time again.

I say Kudos for a successful season, already. If they do make the playoffs, in spite of the litany of injuries, they truly are a miracle team.

But I for one am not going to complain when this team has put it's heart and soul into overcoming mountainous hurdles. I'll congratulate them for the amazing job they've done.

YADA, YADA, YADA...Keep making excuses for them...stop acting this is like a one time deal, losing games they should not lose in big spots...should I remind you of the 4 qtr blow-ups from Rogers first season as a starter that led to a 6-10 season...or how about last season home lose to Cincy, road losses to a horrible Tampa Bay team in week 9 and then losing to an injury riddled Pitt team late in the season, cmon, then take a look at their wins this year...best win Eagles, Jets are showing their true colors...who else have they beat who is a quality football team, played Dallas and Queens at the most opportune time in the season! Still if they find a way to beat a team that hadn't won a division game in 19 games who only managed to score 7 points they would be in fairly good shape.

To further my point, whose fault was it that Flynn was not prepared, what did Pitt do with Big Ben this year(3-1), the 1 loss coming vs their hated rival in the waning seconds...what did the Pats do without Brady? I believe it was 11-5, missed playoffs but still 11-5 in the AFC. Cmon man stop making excuses...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
YADA, YADA, YADA...Keep making excuses for them...stop acting this is like a one time deal, losing games they should not lose in big spots...should I remind you of the 4 qtr blow-ups from Rogers first season as a starter that led to a 6-10 season...or how about last season home lose to Cincy, road losses to a horrible Tampa Bay team in week 9 and then losing to an injury riddled Pitt team late in the season, cmon, then take a look at their wins this year...best win Eagles, Jets are showing their true colors...who else have they beat who is a quality football team, played Dallas and Queens at the most opportune time in the season! Still if they find a way to beat a team that hadn't won a division game in 19 games who only managed to score 7 points they would be in fairly good shape.

To further my point, whose fault was it that Flynn was not prepared, what did Pitt do with Big Ben this year(3-1), the 1 loss coming vs their hated rival in the waning seconds...what did the Pats do without Brady? I believe it was 11-5, missed playoffs but still 11-5 in the AFC. Cmon man stop making excuses...

Pitts riddle with injuries..But Packers shouldnt have lost?

So when the Packers have 13 players on IR we are suppose to win every game? That post really is funny

you like to bring up last years games with Tampa and Cinncy (Cinncy ended up being very good)

Yet wont mention the 7-1 streak, why is that?

Why was Flynn not ready? your fast to point out he was, but no reasons why..I think coming in and getting real action in a big game had to have some nerves..Maybe it will take a few games? Hell Brady didnt get a Td in his 1st 3 games of starting, so I guess he was never prepared?

Tom Brady 2001 Game Log - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Your faulting them for WINNING games on the schedule, games they should have won, yet faulting them for playing in those games? WTF are you saying? Really confusing?

Look: I FULLY agree MM needs help SOMETIMES..He seems to be stuck in one mode for certain games..I dont know why but he needs to fix it

But your post was all over the place and you really made some comments that just dont make sense

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Why does everyone think injuries are just an excuse? How can losing your main receiving threat, your best running back, a few D linemen, linebackers, and defensive backs just be an excuse?

I don't think the players who are injured call their injuries just an excuse. Maybe Brett does, but just look at how that worked for him.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think injuries are an excuse but they are something that you have to factor in, especially when you accumulate such large numbers that it becomes borderline astronomical. The Packers have already proven their resilience and their ability to overcome injuries that would of tanked a team with a lesser heart. It still takes its toll, but I don't think they use it as an excuse for losing games.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
YADA, YADA, YADA...Keep making excuses for them.. Cmon man stop making excuses...

Tell us in all seriousness..

Say Grant, Finley, Barnett, Brad Jones, Mathews and Pickett never miss a game.They been healthy all year

Would we have same record?

Answer honestly..

If you even say we win at least ONE more game....Then injuries is ONE reason why we have the record we do

Most of us agree that MM can call a better game..(even tho we have hindsight to guide us) he still can do better..But when your down to 3rd or 4th string people, it catches up to you

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Look, it's commonly believed that the difference between 1 and 2 in the NFL are small margins in ability. OK, so if we lose Jermichael Finley we can complain but it's not a season breaker. But if you lose enough the only way you stay competitive is if you've drafted well and have solid, competitive depth.
Sometimes of course, you have a position that hasn't received alot of attention or the right picks in the draft, say...... running back. Well then your drop off might be considerable and then we're not talking averages here at all right? Now we're talking about a very large drop off and that can really hurt.
So let's put an offensive tackle, (those are easy to replace) and a defensive tackle or two, let's short change you at linebacker, take out two starters, a backup and then move to safety on injuries. You see what I'm getting at?
The fact that the Packers are as good as they are is a testament to the drafting of TT and the coaching of MM, slice it however you want, but this is a solid team. Every team has luck for it or against it, we had it against us in the injury bug. I defy you to tell me this team wouldn't be so much better with either Ryan Grant or Jermichael Finley playing. Two "skill position" players, arguable the two top skill position players after the QB are out and you think it's coaching?
So again, why is Tramon fielding punts?
Insane.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I just realized I said the same thing you did LTF, sorry, I didn't read your post. I guess you were posting and I was composing. But hey, great minds think alike it seems.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Bears @ Vikes game is huge. Bears win, and we lose to Patriots, I believe they clinch division as they'll have one divisional loss, at most (We'd have two no matter what).

They were just talking about this on ESPN's Mike&Mike... I don't think I'll ever be a bigger Viking fan (I can't believe I just said that). :shock:

As for games this week, do we hope Giants win to knock Eagles down a notch and then the Packers own the tiebreaker? Are there other games out there that we need help from this week?

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
People haven't panicked, they're angry! This is a team that many thought was capable of contending for the Super Bowl, and they're not even going to qualify for the playoffs!

Many thought they were capable of contending for the Super Bowl before all the injuries. As the injuries have mounted many have held a sliver of hope but in their heart of hearts accept reality.

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry, I give the Packers a 20% chance of beating the Patriots this week. That means they have to beat the Giants and the Bears. Not sure of the tiebreaker with the Bears if they end in a tie, but that is the best we can hope for, along with 2 losses by the Giants and Tampa.

FiercePierce6

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If every game played out the exact same way this season except the fact we had all starters healthy we'd be 12-1 hell maybe even 13-0. Crazy but we've lost nothing but close games. All those guys injured would have put us over the hump to win those close ones.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tell us in all seriousness..

Say Grant, Finley, Barnett, Brad Jones, Mathews and Pickett never miss a game.They been healthy all year

Would we have same record?

Answer honestly..

If you even say we win at least ONE more game....Then injuries is ONE reason why we have the record we do

Most of us agree that MM can call a better game..(even tho we have hindsight to guide us) he still can do better..But when your down to 3rd or 4th string people, it catches up to you

Wow look at the DATE

Same freaking scenario

12theTruth

Injuries are a concern that most EVERY team has to contend with. Next man up! The bottome line: the talent and coaching our on offensive line doesn't pass muster against the top defensive teams from NFC. Recipe for DISASTER. That is reality.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perspective once again. We knew going in the Giants were a tough team. We knew they usually start to get hot around this time. We knew we have key injuries, Clay, Woodson and Jennings to name but a few. We knew the state of our offense. We knew our changed of beating the Giants. Can anybody truly be shocked at this loss? I'm not saying we had zero chance you will never hear me say that, I'm just saying we must move forward and become stronger so when we likely meet these Giants again in the playoffs. We will then be ready and may we win.

12theTruth

Perspective once again. We knew going in the Giants were a tough team. We knew they usually start to get hot around this time. We knew we have key injuries, Clay, Woodson and Jennings to name but a few. We knew the state of our offense. We knew our changed of beating the Giants. Can anybody truly be shocked at this loss? I'm not saying we had zero chance you will never hear me say that, I'm just saying we must move forward and become stronger so when we likely meet these Giants again in the playoffs. We will then be ready and may we win.

To get this physically dominated by the Giants, do you really think a winning streak by the Packers going into the playoffs will change much. Coughlin > McCarthy and our offensive line really is bad. Even a marginal offensive line won't cut it against the Giants and there is NO way this unit will be good enough in another matchup this season. I admire your optimism.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
To get this physically dominated by the Giants, do you really think a winning streak by the Packers going into the playoffs will change much. Coughlin > McCarthy and our offensive line really is bad. Even a marginal offensive line won't cut it against the Giants and there is NO way this unit will be good enough in another matchup this season. I admire your optimism.

Optimism with a healthy splash or realism is my drink of choice least my cup runneth over. I'm not basing this off a projected winning streak going into the playoffs, I'm basing on the fact that we will be a stronger healthier team by the time that happens. Your comparison of Coughlin and McCarthy I disagree with. I would define them as equals. They are very different coaches but both brilliant respectively. Our O-Line remains a huge area of uncertainty and by far our biggest threat going into the playoffs especially against teams like the Giants who are only going to improve. But saying the unit will in no way be good enough in another matchup this season I find unrealistic. Give them some credit as bad as they are. There is always room for improvement or more likely for learning how to overcome it. In a way this loss exposes problems that can no longer be overlooked. Those problems can then be addressed, improvements made. I don't ever look at anything in terms of never. In 2010 a lot of people would of applied the term never to a team desperate of a wildcard spot, with 15 starters on IR. I don't think the Packers as a team know the term never or NO way. If that word is in their vocabulary or mindset then yes, hang the season up right now because they have already defeated themselves in their minds.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Should she think your pessimism is wrong?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As has been said before: this season is eerily similar to 2010. When we lost to the Lions and Pats toward the end of the season it looked like the playoffs were history. Then the streak of excellent play by both lines led to the Championship. I'm hoping, like kitten, the same thing happens this year. We have the ability to dominate; it's a mystery to me how we can play so terribly at times.

Members online

Latest posts