Don't Panic Everyone.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Don't panic", that is the stinking problem, they never panic, panic isn't always a bad thing, how about playing with some urgency...this team acts like it has won something already...not that having won something would justify today's performance but it is the same story today. Horrible game plan, was anyone on that staff paying attention to what the Pats, specifically Brady did to the Lions on Thanksgiving. This was the first game all season that I saw the Pack stick with the run early(running 2 times in a row several times early in the game) and I know the Lions defense ranks in the bottom 1/4 of the league vs. the run. However, I just get the sense the mad genius McCarthy decided to use this game to work on the run game, almost like a preseason game...well its too late for that...that is something that should have been established a long time ago and I believe his lack luster attitude affected the players and helped to cause them to sleep walk through this game. I am conflicted about McCarthy as I recognize him for a pretty good coach but this pattern of losing to teams he should not lose to at the most inopportune time is disturbing. I think he needs to understand he is coaching for his job if not the next three games certainly next year...

Good post and really good perspective! I think they do need to play with like their lives are on the line because they are on the line.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Love these posters who only come around when we lose :)

Yeah me too...

To the ones that only post when we lose or things go very bad..

Why do you only post in those situations? Why not post when things are going good

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah me too...

To the ones that only post when we lose or things go very bad..

Why do you only post in those situations? Why not post when things are going good

I hardly ever post after a win and to be honest don't post that often, does this make me less of a fan? I watch the games and have my insides torn out with that performance, sorry can't be the fan that celebrates wins on message boards, honestly don't have the time with 4 kids, a wife, job, and coaching college football as a part time assistant at the CC level, I post to vent after losses if I believe their was something egregious and that performance was egregious, I posted alot more when I was in college some years ago...plus I like to see other people as miserable as me...so the don't panic line always gets me because it probably is not going to be okay(as far as making playoffs and getting to the bowl)...just think take away the wash, miami, and today's loss...the 3 most egregious losses and what would you have, a 11-2 team headed for the one seed, just think last how last year could have been different as far as their seed in playoffs went if they hadn't dropped several games they should have won...finally even if they make the playoffs their seed is going to be affected big time which will lead to another early exit from the playoffs just like last year. Chew on that for a while all you optimists:)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hardly ever post after a win and to be honest don't post that often, does this make me less of a fan? I watch the games and have my insides torn out with that performance, sorry can't be the fan that celebrates wins on message boards, honestly don't have the time with 4 kids, a wife, job, and coaching college football as a part time assistant at the CC level, I post to vent after losses if I believe their was something egregious and that performance was egregious, I posted alot more when I was in college some years ago...plus I like to see other people as miserable as me...so the don't panic line always gets me because it probably is not going to be okay(as far as making playoffs and getting to the bowl)...just think take away the wash, miami, and today's loss...the 3 most egregious losses and what would you have, a 11-2 team headed for the one seed, just think last how last year could have been different as far as their seed in playoffs went if they hadn't dropped several games they should have won...finally even if they make the playoffs their seed is going to be affected big time which will lead to another early exit from the playoffs just like last year. Chew on that for a while all you optimists:)

I cant understand fans like you. Maybe its just me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Please DONT lump me in with people that have labeled you less of a fan..I havent said that

I get the whole job, kids thing..as I have 5 kids and a full time job with hour commute..

My question was more of....Why can you find the time after a loss, but cant find time after a win? Some posters And not just you but some, tend to only post after a loss to say TOLD YOU SO...But if a legit reason I am just curious is all...Yours was an unique reason...Want to see others suffer? lol

How much it sucks that a missed fg,(Washington) a dropped pass (Jennings today) and a bogus call on special teams (Miami) can affect a teams record

I am NOT blaming those losses on just those three plays.... as there were many other reasons for those losses..

But 3 things just go our way, we would be 11-2

Matter of inches as they say

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please DONT lump me in with people that have labeled you less of a fan..I havent said that

I get the whole job, kids thing..as I have 5 kids and a full time job with hour commute..

My question was more of....Why can you find the time after a loss, but cant find time after a win? Some posters And not just you but some, tend to only post after a loss to say TOLD YOU SO...But if a legit reason I am just curious is all...Yours was an unique reason...Want to see others suffer? lol

How much it sucks that a missed fg,(Washington) a dropped pass (Jennings today) and a bogus call on special teams (Miami) can affect a teams record

I am NOT blaming those losses on just those three plays.... as there were many other reasons for those losses..

But 3 things just go our way, we would be 11-2

Matter of inches as they say

5? Like 1-2-3-4-5 kids? wow. now I know what your doing when your not on the forum or working ;)

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seems like we could be out of the playoff picture yet some will still say " its still early in the season dont panic".. lol i dont get it

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
seems like we could be out of the playoff picture yet some will still say " its still early in the season dont panic".. lol i dont get it

no one is saying that and you know it

But IF we make playoffs should I save a bandwagon seat for you?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
no one is saying that and you now it

But IF we make playoffs should I save a bandwagon seat for you?

Just because some of us see that we're the #8 seed right now and are genuinely worried we might not make the playoffs doesn't mean we're bandwagon fans.

We root like hell for this team. Every bit as hard as you do. Just because it's not always sunny in our Packerland doesn't mean we're bandwagon fans.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Just because some of us see that we're the #8 seed right now and are genuinely worried we might not make the playoffs doesn't mean we're bandwagon fans.

We root like hell for this team. Every bit as hard as you do. Just because it's not always sunny in our Packerland doesn't mean we're bandwagon fans.
Now for something really scary. The Vikings are currently the 10th seed. Oh, and if they beat the Giants on Monday they will be the 9th seed. Not that it does them any good, they ain't gong to the playoffs.

If I were a Packer fan I would be worried if Rodgers will be allowed to play next week. After all, isn't this his second concussion this year?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

And just because some of us think its always sunny, doesnt mean we dont see the bad o-l play, bad coaching calls, the mis tackles, the over thrown wide open WR, the Wr that drop sure Td passes, or kickers missing an easy kick..

Just means we have faith until they say the Packers miss the playoffs..

We are on a forum, where we have different opinions, different styles of communicating..Sometimes sarcasm, jokes, and even being nasty isnt seen on the other persons screen...

So with all that, you have the right to say shut up LT we suck..And I have the right to say Jess..shut up, we will make the playoffs

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
And just because some of us think its always sunny, doesnt mean we dont see the bad o-l play, bad coaching calls, the mis tackles, the over thrown wide open WR, the Wr that drop sure Td passes, or kickers missing an easy kick..

We are on a forum, where we have different opinions, different styles of communicating..Sometimes sarcasm, jokes, and even being nasty isnt seen on the other persons screen...

So with all that, you have the right to say shut up LT we suck..And I have the right to say Jess..shut up, we will make the playoffs

Agreed with every word. :)

I'm still a little irritable because of the game earlier today. :icon_lol:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

MOD FIGHT!

jk guys. I think you guys should start banning random posters to make you feel better.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Egregious? How so? Most people predicted better but I'd bet 80 percent considered this. Were you really so convinced the Packers were Super Bowl winners this year? Didn't the early losses clue you in "coach"?
As for your other activities for not posting, I'll tell you I consider posting here a privilege not a right. We're all busy, we all had snow to clean today if you are from the area. I mean, you act like you have an overwhelming load on your plate. I'm delighted you're a fan, but honestly, you can't come in here and share a note or two with a victory?
As a fellow fan I share your pain, my son in law was right next to me, while his Cleveland Browns lost to the Bills, he was having his fun while we lost.
Everyone here has their own life, everyone here has their own experiences, what binds us is the wins and losses. I don't care what anybody else has to say, if you only come here to complain about a performance, it's a bit odd don't you think?
You have the time to complain, you don't have the time to share in the win? Is it just me or is that a bit odd?

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
"Don't panic", that is the stinking problem, they never panic, panic isn't always a bad thing, how about playing with some urgency...this team acts like it has won something already..

Actually, I believe they know well where they stand. I think they've been playing with a sense of urgency all season. Here's why; at the beginning of this season I thought they might end up .500 because I saw the injuries coming. They've been playing with a come from behind attitude all season due to the massive injury count.

This team has overcome a load of injuries that would have put other teams in the bottom of the league. To be playing at such a high level with so many substituted parts is a real amazing feat by any team. This team has done it and done it repeatedly.

Then, to have your Pro-bowl Quarterback go down with a concussion and still keep the game close with a virtual unknown at the helm is darn near olympian.

Instead of complaining because they lose a game once in a while and might not make the playoffs, just doesn't take in the big picture, in my opinion. With the obstacles they've had to overcome we should be delighted and surprised if they make the playoffs. We can't expect a pile of 2nd and 3rd stringers to play on a par with a team full of starters, yet this team has done that time and time again.

I say Kudos for a successful season, already. If they do make the playoffs, in spite of the litany of injuries, they truly are a miracle team.

But I for one am not going to complain when this team has put it's heart and soul into overcoming mountainous hurdles. I'll congratulate them for the amazing job they've done.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was upset with this game,thought A-rod should have went down after he got the first down,they didn't play well on the o-line at all d-line kept us in the game I think M.M didn't want to show all his cards yesterday so that we can beat the pats,some times you lose games so you don't show what you have until you need to ,that's my story think that's what it is and thinkl we beat the pats this week.I think A-rod will play

FiercePierce6

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was upset with this game,thought A-rod should have went down after he got the first down,they didn't play well on the o-line at all d-line kept us in the game I think M.M didn't want to show all his cards yesterday so that we can beat the pats,some times you lose games so you don't show what you have until you need to ,that's my story think that's what it is and thinkl we beat the pats this week.I think A-rod will play

To say we lost to the Lions on purpose just to hide things from New England in ludicrous. The Lions game is more important anyway, it's within the division, it's within the conference. The New England game obviously is non conference. Rendering the Lions game more important. Especially when it comes to tiebreakers.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People haven't panicked, they're angry! This is a team that many thought was capable of contending for the Super Bowl, and they're not even going to qualify for the playoffs!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts