Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE DON'S
Crystal Ball

2008 SEASON
WEEK 6 PICKS

By DonCanabis/D'BOYZ
Analyst/Godfather
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Man... last week for a second, I thought I had it. I was starting to pack my bags and thinking of moving to Vegas. Before Sunday Night's game I was standing with a 10-2 record against the spread. Knowing that the last two games of the week were Pittsburgh at Jacksonville and Minnesota at New Orleans, I felt pretty sure I would wake up on Tuesday with a 12-2 record. I had picked Jacksonville and New Orleans. The reason was because the Jaguars had beaten the Steelers twice last year in Pittsburgh in December. Now they faced them at home with a whole lot of injured players. So I was pretty confident they could take care of them.

In the case of New Orleans the offense, has-been looking good. Minnesota defense on the other hand, hasn't been that great of a force like we all expected. So I knew I was looking at a shootout; one I didn't thought Minnesota could handle.Boy was I wrong.

So I finished with a 10-4 record which is a great 71% It's not so great when you're so close to 85% against the spread. It just doesn't feel the same.

This will teach me never to start celebrating before the fat lady sings. I think the Texans feel the same way hahahaha.

GL this week guys...now let's get on with the picks.

Chicago at Atlanta 3 Ovr/Und 43.5

Both teams looked good last week. Hester is starting to make plays as a WR, and their defense it's playing like they want to hurt the other team. I don't think Ryan has faced a defense this fast and though. I wouldn't want to be him on Monday.

Straight:[/b] Chi
Spread: Chi
Ovr/Und: Und

Miami Wildcats at Houston -3 Ovr/Und 45

I'm sorry but how many times can this play work? Don't teams know that there's a 90% chance it's going to be a run when Brown is in at QB? I mean really...unless you see a lateral to Chad, you don't need to cover the WR more than 25 yards, it's not like he's going to throw a deep ball or anything. It's really fun to see some college and old plays work in today's NFL but seriously...the DC of the Chargers should be fired. He had tape of the play and he saw what they did to NE. He should have made a gameplan to stop it.

Hard loss last week by the Texans. Look, I know that Rosenfels lost the game in the final 4 min last week but, I still don't get why Schaub it's still the starting QB? The guy has done nothing. Before the last 4 min Rosenfels was moving the offense and the team looked really good. IF the HC doesn't make a change soon this team will have another high pick in next years Draft.

Houston has been close twice of taking the W. when a team gets that close it usually falls the next week.

Straight: Hou
Spread: Hou
Ovr/Und: Ovr

Baltimore at Indianapolis -4 Ovr/Und 38.5

Look I know Flacco is a rookie and He's going to make mistakes but, are the Coaches of the Raves Stupid? I mean after the first roll out INT (that luckily was call incomplete), didn't anyone tell him...look dude you can't do that against this defense. (and by this I mean the Titans) They're to smart and fast. But to make the same mistake 3 times in the same game? That's not Flacco's fault...that's on the Coaches. If only the Defense could play Offense. If Indianapolis could played a game like the final 5 minutes of the last one they would be unstopable.

Straight: Ind
Spread: Ind
Ovr/Und: Over

Detroit at Minnesota -13 Ovr/Und 45.5

Man Detroit needs a complete overhaul. It's just too painful to watch. This game really isn't about if Minnesota can win. The only thing we have to ask ourselves is if they can win by 13. With no Kitna...I think they can.

Straight: Min
Spread: Min

Oakland at New Orleans-7 Ovr/Und 47
UPSET OF THE WEEK

Your team returns 2 punts for TD's and almost a third in one game and you still lose? Oakland has one of the best ST in the NFL and the Defense looks Good. Expect an upset.

Straight: Oak
Spread: Oak

Cincinnati at New York Jets -7.5 Ovr/Und 42

Favre Threw 6 TD's against an OK Arizona Defense. What will he do against a terrible Cincinnati secondary? Palmer isn't playing so I take the 7.5 spread.

Straight: NYJ
Spread: NYJ
Ovr/Und: und

Carolina at Tampa Bay -1.5 Ovr/Und 36.5

So Garcia is back at QB for this week at least. The defense looks good. I don't think they can stand up to that offense. They are too fast for an old secondary.

Straight: Car
Spread: Car

St. Louis at Washington -13.5 Ovr/Und 44

Washington has looked really good. Right now they are the second best team in the NFC behind only NY. To beat two NCF East rivals on the road is a Big deal! Zorn has impressed me. He's taking this team in a good direction. Specially now,that the easy part of the schedule starts. Don't Like St. Louis at all in this one.They did have 2 weeks to prepare for this game though.With a New Direction if this team has any hear,t they should show it this week.It may be a little improvement...specially over the way they played the last 2 years but it will not be enough to take on the Redskins.

Straight: Was
Spread: Stl

Jacksonville at Denver -3.5 Ovr/Und 48.

The Jaguars let me down last week. Denver's defense looked better last week. I expect a close game that will come down to the last quarter.

Straight: Denver
Spread:Denver

Dallas at Arizona 5 Ovr/Und 50.5

Dallas has trouble. Maybe a lot of people don't want to realize it. There's doubt and some division in that locker room. When you hear players and coaches come out and defend the unity of the team and talk about other players each week you know there's trouble inside that locker room. Teams are containing T.O and that's creating frustration. Romo is making mistakes each week and that's adding to the frustration. The Secondary, with all it's talent is making mistakes and getting beat each week... and that's adding even more frustration. The Defensive scheme that should bring a lot of sacks and turnovers isn't doing it either. Still, this is a team filled with talent and individual effort sometimes will produce wins. Problem is, it will never win you Championships. If they don't realize it soon they will be home once more in January.

Straight: Dal
Spread: Dal

Philadelphia at San Francisco 4.5 Ovr/Und 42

I'm Sorry but Philly is nothing without Westbrook. They scored 3 points after he went down last week. That's right I said just 3 points. The defense is great and will keep them in games...but without Westbrook this team is flat.

Straight: SF
Spread:SF

Green Bay at Seattle -2 Ovr/Und 45.5
Hasselbeck is doubtful for this game. That should be enough for Green bay to win it. Not that Hasselbeck makes that big difference. This team still sucks. Hey at leastwith him they're competitive.

Straight: GB
Spread: GB

New England at San Diego -5 Ovr/Und 44.5

I don't know what to make out of SD? One week they look good and the next week they flat out suck. LT doesn't look good. He hasn't looked good in a while. Don't look now but NE is 3-1 with Cassel at QB. I still have hope SD will bounce back.

Straight: SD
Spread: NE
Ovr/Und:ovr

New York Giants at Cleveland 8 Ovr/Und 43

Please! No need for comments

Straight: NYG
Spread: NYG
Ovr/Und:Und

Hot Picks
Record 19-11 (63%)
Chicago (league)
New York Jets (league)