Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE DON'S
Crystal Ball

2008 SEASON
WEEK 5 PICKS

By DonCanabis/D'BOYZ
Analyst/Godfather
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Well it had to happen. It Usually is on week 5 when you get your Surprise upsets. I am talking about that 1 week in the NFL when a lot of bad and underdog teams beat the **** out of the top teams. I call it bloody Sunday because it's the week every bookie loves. Gamblers have to go and buy a new TV set because they can't believe what just happen. Last week there where 6 spread upsets of 13 games. That is almost 50%. That is just crazy. My morning picks almost made me jump out of a building. I went 3 of 5 with those picks. It's a Good thing I waited because I went 5-0 on the late games and Monday's game.So I cashed in for a 4th straight week in a row. I took home barely over $200. Even with this bad week I'm still 63% for the season so far. That puts me just 5% below my normal average.

What I need to do a better job at is my Over/Under predictions so far. This last week was the worst week I have ever had in the Over/Under department. I had a 4-9 record last week. What messed me up was those small .5 points they give.

Sorry for taking so long this week. I took longer than normal because of how many injuries there are out there right now with key players. I wanted to get a better feel for who was going to play and who wasn't. I sure don't want anybody pulling a C.Palmer on me this weekend.

GL this week guys...now let's get on with the picks.

Tennessee at Baltimore 3 Ovr/Und 33.5

Baltimore lost a game they should have won against an injured Pittsburgh Steelers. They controlled the game for almost 3 quarters and then let it get away from them in two back to back plays. Flacco is playing better than I thought he would, but he needs to take a better care of the ball. It is too bad he faces the most high scoring defense in the NFL this week. I didn't give enough credit to the Titans. I did not think they would keep scoring as well as they have so far this season.

Straight: Ten
Spread: Ten
Ovr/Und: Ovr

Seattle at New York Giants -7 Ovr/Und 43.5

Both teams come back from a bye week. The Giants lost a WR and Seattle gains 2. Seattle it's going to be better with their WR's back. The Giants I feel still do not get the respect they deserve. Seattle seems to play really strong at home and really bad playing away...especially against East Coast Teams.

Straight: NYG
Spread: NYG

Washington at Philadelphia -6 Ovr/Und 42.5

The Redskins not only beat a team but dominated a team Philly couldn't even when they were healthy. So why am I having trouble with this one?. The first thing is because Was plays their second straight road game against a thought division rival. I still don't believe Westbrook and McNabb are healthy 100% Because of that, it makes it a lot harder to call. Even with the injuries take the home team in this one. I think 2 tough road games against division rivals is too much for the Foreskins to handle.

Straight: Phi
Spread: Phi
Ovr/Und: Over

San Diego at Miami 6.5 Ovr/Und 45

San Diego's defense needs to start showing up early and not wait until the second half to do it every game. Can Miami pull another Houdini? Is it to much to ask Miami to win without any tricks? I say no way to both of those questions.. SD is 4-0 in Ovr/und games.

Straight: SD
Spread: SD

Chicago at Detroit 3.5 Ovr/Und 44.5

I really hate winless teams...I just hate them. We all know they suck but pride can screw things up big time in the NFL any week when you least expect it. You know eventually they're going to beat a better overconfident teams ***. The big Question is when? Sorry Lions fans will have to wait another week.

Straight: Chi
Spread: Chi
Ovr/Und: Und

Atlanta at Green Bay -7 Ovr/Und 43.5
UPSET OF THE WEEK

There's an 80% chance Rodgers won't play on Sunday and the Packers fans are starting to miss their old Qb. Gb is one of the worst teams against the run and their backup Qb its a 7th round rookie. I know it's hard to win at Lambeau Field...but that was when Favre was their starting QB.

Straight: ATL
Spread: ATL
Ovr/Und: und

Indianapolis at Houston 3 Ovr/Und 47

Must win for both teams and Manning has his Oline healthy for the first time this year. I'm sure the week off has not only helped his knee but it's helped him get back in sink with his WR's. Houston, we have a problem.

Straight: Ind
Spread: Ind

Kansas City at Carolina -9.5 Ovr/Und 38.5

Can Kansas City pull two upsets on the row? Is Larry Johnson really back? Will Mary-Kate and Ashley make another movie? Can you guess the category? Yes that's right...things we don't give a F... about. Yes Larry looked good against the Denver defense but C'mon...even fat Joe can run through that one.

Straight: Car
Spread: Car

Tampa Bay at Denver -3 Ovr/Und 48

Well it happened. Cutler had an off day and Denver showed what they really are. The Broncos are who we thought they Were! Period. a Good offense with a really bad Defense. Take Tampa for the upset.

Straight: TB
Spread:TB

Buffalo at Arizona -1 Ovr/Und 44.5

How come a 4-0 team is the underdog against a 2-2 Arizona team? Is Vegas seeing the same things as I am? The past 3 weeks Buffalo has let the game get away from them and then woke up at the last Min to come back and win their games. Playing like that each week will Eventually cost you some games. Plus I don't think the Bills team is built to play in the Arizona heat. Even without Boldin which is a huge loss, The cardinals take the W.

Straight: Ari
Spread: Ari
Ovr/Und: Over

Cincinnati at Dallas -16.5 Ovr/Und 44

We all know Palmer might not play.Regardless though...a -16.5 spread? We all know that Dallas will be upset after their though loss last week to Washington. Still a -16.5 spread though? Really? I can't really remember when the last time was that Dallas beat a team by 17 points can you?

Straight: Dal
Spread:Cin
Ovr/Und: OVR

New England at San Francisco 3 Ovr/Und 41

Is two weeks enough for Belichick to turn Castle into a reliable QB? Are we giving too much credit to New England because of their recent history? Can Marty outsmart Belichick? He couldn't in the SB with another unproven QB named Brady.

Straight: NE
Spread: NE
Ovr/Und: Und

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville -4 Ovr/Und 36

Sorry Ben but your "Give me a break letter" to the Commisioner didn't go through. It looks like you'll have to face your third straight tough defense. And NO!...you can't punt on every 1st play and let your defense do the scoring for you. And we're truly sorry your insurance has gone way up the past week, but hey there's only 11 more games left.

Straight: Jax
Spread: Jax
Ovr/Und:ovr

Minnesota at New Orleans -3 Ovr/Und 46.5

Minnesota let me down last week in a must win matchup. N.O offense it's looking dangerous and isn't afraid to go for the long play. Minn's defense...the one that we all thought was going to be scary...has only produce 7 sacks. If the 'aints can stop AP this will be over by halftime.

Straight: NO
Spread: NO
Ovr/Und:Und

Hot Picks
Record 15-9 (62%)

Indianapolis (league)
Jacksonville (league)
Atlanta(league)
Cincinnati
San Diego
Chicago

Members online