Donnell Washington

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donnell Washington was someone I was hoping would have an impack on the D Line this. So far he has been a huge disappointment, with the excetion of a couple of plays. I hope the Packers can find the key to unlocking his potential. We can sure use him. I'll be watching against the Bills with fingers crossed he does well.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like the coaches are giving Washington a good kick in the *** to get his act together quickly. If he doesn't he'll be out. At most there are only going to be 2 roster spots left for Cole, Lee and Washington.

Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
They need to give him a kick in the knees so they bend like they're supposed to.

LOL!!! :lol: Actually you cannot forget that technically, he is still a rookie. This is going to be his first time getting on the field for two day practices, and pre season games, so it does take a while to adjust. But the last few weeks, from what I have read, he has improved (even if by a margin) so I guess that is a good start.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Washington made some plays with the third-stringers against the Chargers last week. So I'd like to see him get a shot with the first string. Maybe Michael Montgomery should get a chance with the starters as well. The problem with our D-line, and especially the DT's, is that there is depth, but there is not a lot of quality. What I mean is that we have a bunch of players who are serviceable, but once you get past Grady Jackson (whose durability is a big question anyway) everyone else looks pretty average. I'm still waiting for someone to jump out ahead of the others.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Between Peterson and Washington I was hoping at least one of the 3rd rounders would develop into a decent D-lineman, but early returns haven't been promising for either of one them so far.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson and Lee have already been busts as draft picks and it looks like Washington will be as well. It proves my point that you can't reach to fill a spot. None of those guys are qualified 3rd round choices. Legitimate 3rd rounders make the team and contribute.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lee was drafted in the 5th round. He does have some ability and is decent anchoring the DL. I really don't know how much more you can expect from a late 5th round pick.

Washington did make some plays, but when I watched the SD game for a second time, this time focusing on individual players, more often than not he was either stood straight up by the OL or blown back a few yards. He didn't look good.

Peterson, for all his physical gifts, just doesn't appear to have the instincts. I'm disappointed, but I don't think either of these guys is going to be a player.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point being that all three of those guys are busts, mainly because they were a reach for the round they were drafted in, and that includes Lee. You wonder why this team is in trouble? It goes deeper than having quality starters, our depth is pretty bad especially on defense, because we've drafted so poorly these past five years.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I agree with you Packed House, even owr 1st Draft Pick of last year seems to be a bust !!!! But things are changing on this draft !!!! It seems that we will have a couple of starters !!!! :twisted:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope Donnell steps up, too...

In order, they should be -------

• Donnell Washington
    Michael Montgomery
    Kenny Peterson
    James Lee
As far as Grady Jackson? The Jury is still out on him! I haven't heard anything positive, either.
The potential could be to set him down and leave it at that. We shouldn't 'have to', but then again, he's trying to be Mike McKenzie and I got news for ya - He's NO Pat Williams, or any of the other Standout Nose Tackles I've watched (or read about) so far.. So, him asking for more dough is just another bandwagon scene rushing by.. You'd think it was Tampa Bay on the way to their only SuperBowl....

As far as Players demanding to blackmail the Packers? Well, let's just say "that's over...."

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerfan: I'm not surprised that Washington's performance did not hold up well on second viewing. For some of those plays it looked like he was just the guy who happened to be there when the ballcarrier arrived.

When Washington was drafted, the line on him was that he had physical talent but his dedication to football was questionable. However, it's turned out to be just the opposite. By all accounts, he worked hard to get back into shape after his injury, but when he's on the field he doesn't look talented. He stands up too high. Maybe he would be better suited to play tight end, or power forward in basketball.

A couple weeks ago somebody made a post about how Washington was doing poorly because he isn't able to bend well at the knees. It looks like they hit the nail right on the head with that one.

GBXU

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best thing I've read about Washington is that there isn't a tackle in camp that can push a pocket like he can. But the problem is in his heart. Bates definitely has his work cut out for him with the likes of Hunt and Washington.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy is Practice squad eligible. It's a small cap hit next year but he can practice and move up if injuries occur in 05. There is little risk of another team adding him to their 53 player roster.

He may be motivated to get ready to compete next year.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Washington: looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
Lee: What's a Tarzan? What's a Jane?
Hunt: What's Drew's last name?
Grady: I left his card at home...he sounds like Joe Pesci when he talks. But he will get me a new contract....someday.
Peterson: I played at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY...so I should start.
Corey Williams and Colin Cole in unison: Shut the ****up and get back to work!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Grady: I left his card at home...he sounds like Joe Pesci when he talks. But he will get me a new contract....someday.
Outstanding....!

OP
OP
P

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
:joy: :lol: :joy: :chest: :joy: :eek:mg: :joy: :cheerleader: :joy: :thumbsup: :joy: :beer: :joy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts