Dome = Advantage Packers?

dimension

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone mention this but I think our team has played well in domes this year (apart from Lions away but that was without A Rod for much of it)

whereas the Steelers have barely played in domes, losing their only game 20 - 10 to the Saints.

I think this gives us an advantage

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell yes it's an advantage. Our guys love playing in fair weather on a fast track. Our team is good enough to win a nasty game in the elements, but we are built for good weather.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, as strange as it sounds, this team is actually better in a dome. Go figure. Everything plays out a tad faster on turf and GB is built for speed on offense and defense.

Would be interesting to see how the Packers-Steelers matchup in overall team speed.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it helps but watev. I personally hate the idea of being better indoors.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are not so spoiled that they won 4 of their last games to get there.
Giants
Bears
Eagles
Bears (Again)

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would much rather play Pitt in a dome than say Miami where it could rain and the field could be a mess. I would not want to play Pitt in bad weather.

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it helps but watev. I personally hate the idea of being better indoors.

I'm with you but I think the Steelers are a better team nowadays on a fast dry track than outdoors in the elements. They have really changed their persona since the Bettis years. During that time period they could tell the opponent they were going to run and still run it down their throat.

They can't do that anymore. They rely more on speed and quickness on offense and to a certain point on defense. Just like the Pack though they can play and be successful playing in the elements also.

I don't think it will be much of an advantage for either side.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rodgers said himself he loves the dome

Exactly. I don't think it's so much that we have a major advantage over the Steelers. I would imagine that most players prefer playing in nice weather. Who wouldn't? We are just a team that is built to perform in good conditions. Good enough to win in bad conditions, but built to win in nice weather.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's blasphamy that this game will be played in a dome. Steelers vs Green Bay for the championship should be out in the snow and cold. We aren't the Seahawks or Saints. We are old school franchises that grew up playing in games like the Ice Bowl. There was nothing greater than seeing Terry Bradshaw scramble for a 1st down in the AFCC game against the Oilers, then sliding 20 yards on the ice.
Then the game should have been played in Lambeau this year.
Any objections from the Packers fans?

It's just the way it goes.
SBs are always played in domes or states where winter weather is nicer than in the northern states.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Then the game should have been played in Lambeau this year.
Any objections from the Packers fans?

It's just the way it goes.
SBs are always played in domes or states where winter weather is nicer than in the northern states.

My objection to it being held in Lambeau is two things, they would have to build high speed rail or fly planes constantly between Madison, the Wisconsin Dells, and Milwaukee just to deal with all the people traffic.

Second thing, those old guys from the commerical of never miss the super bowl club would be frozen and can no longer be ***holes on TV anymore.

Members online

Latest posts