Dom Capers for Head Coach.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who knows maybe in 3 years he is head coach of the packers. Stranger things have happened.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
who knows maybe in 3 years he is head coach of the packers. Stranger things have happened.

That's a strange thing to imagine.

I don't have a problem with MM. He got us to the NFC Championship game IN LAMBEAU just a few years ago in 07/08. Not his fault Farve chokified again. If not for that, we might have been playing in the SB again.

I think the team we have NOW is better than that team in 07. Grant was a beast that year, and if Starks can fill the same role....here we go!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is it safe to say Capers isn't going anywhere else as head coach? The only jobs left I believe are Oakland and Carolina..

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it safe to say Capers isn't going anywhere else as head coach? The only jobs left I believe are Oakland and Carolina..

Carolina already got their guy (Ron Rivera)

Oakland is probably going to go with that coordinator they have (don't know his name and don't feel like looking it up).

tundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM does not run the offense to perfection. Rodgers has a lot to do with mm's success. If the packers are ahead in the fourth quarter tomorrow night and mm throws in the towel again, I will be on the firing bandwagon. Dont get me wrong he is a great coach, but a lot of the close games we lost were do to his 2nd half conservativeness. I think many coaches could of gotten this far with this talent.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have there been articles about how Dom feels about being here in GB? I hope he loves us cause we can pay him near HC money, but others would, in my opinion, empty their pockets for this guy. It has to be about more than just the $ for Dom if he wants to stay with us.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He needs to give up the offensive play calling or grow a pair.

Too much is made of play calling. It's damn easy to play armchair QB using hindsight. The truth is that it all comes down to EXECUTION. If the team executes well, then nobody complains about play calls. If the team fails to execute a play in a crucial situation, then the HC inevitably gets blamed for calling a bad play.

We often hear complaints like, "Why the hell do you call a deep pass on 3rd and short?!" when the pass falls incomplete. But then if the play results in a big gain, people say, "Wow! Great call! He caught the defense completely off guard!"

Maybe on the same play, coach calls a run play and the RB gets stuffed. People complain, "How can you be so predictable! The defense saw that one coming a mile away!" If the RB picks up the first down, people say, "Way to shove it down their throats!"

Too much is made of play calling. It's about execution, people, and MM does one hell of a job getting the most of his players. We have SEVENTEEN players on IR, folks. That's the most ever for a playoff team. The prior record was 14 players, which was the 2001 Buccaneers, according to "Inside the NFL". And those Bucs weren't favored by ANYONE to make it to the Superbowl.

I think if we win tomorrow, we'll trample whoever we play next.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
He needs to give up the offensive play calling or grow a pair.
Or go back to being an OC right? Or maybe a QB coach. He got here on the strength of those qualities.
You might not understand the game but a single play has multiple options, in fact, sometimes the QB options out of a play based on what he sees from the defense.
Aaron Rodgers has that option, they trust him that much and they should. Depending on the safety or LB or CB look it's his to call. And I think they do well with it. He's over 60% on passes so you'd like to think the guy knows what he's doing.
Please tell me where he needs to grow a pair? Tell me where he should have had a "gutsy" call?

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too much is made of play calling. It's damn easy to play armchair QB using hindsight. The truth is that it all comes down to EXECUTION. If the team executes well, then nobody complains about play calls. If the team fails to execute a play in a crucial situation, then the HC inevitably gets blamed for calling a bad play.

We often hear complaints like, "Why the hell do you call a deep pass on 3rd and short?!" when the pass falls incomplete. But then if the play results in a big gain, people say, "Wow! Great call! He caught the defense completely off guard!"

Maybe on the same play, coach calls a run play and the RB gets stuffed. People complain, "How can you be so predictable! The defense saw that one coming a mile away!" If the RB picks up the first down, people say, "Way to shove it down their throats!"

Too much is made of play calling. It's about execution, people, and MM does one hell of a job getting the most of his players. We have SEVENTEEN players on IR, folks. That's the most ever for a playoff team. The prior record was 14 players, which was the 2001 Buccaneers, according to "Inside the NFL". And those Bucs weren't favored by ANYONE to make it to the Superbowl.

I think if we win tomorrow, we'll trample whoever we play next.

Or go back to being an OC right? Or maybe a QB coach. He got here on the strength of those qualities.
You might not understand the game but a single play has multiple options, in fact, sometimes the QB options out of a play based on what he sees from the defense.
Aaron Rodgers has that option, they trust him that much and they should. Depending on the safety or LB or CB look it's his to call. And I think they do well with it. He's over 60% on passes so you'd like to think the guy knows what he's doing.
Please tell me where he needs to grow a pair? Tell me where he should have had a "gutsy" call?

Its more of the fact that he just seems to lay down when we get a lead and lets teams get back into it. How many times this year have we had a lead going into the 3rd and 4th quarter and for some reason MM starts calling a lot of conservative runs and short throws and our offense goes nowhere? The first Lions game is a perfect example of this.

OP
OP
TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Dom Capers is the eternal DC of the Packers.

THIS CANNOT BE DENIED.

Nobody wants him as a HC. He's a failure as a HC. Teams should stay far away from him.

I pray this is the truth, Dom Capers must stay packers d coordinator for life. I made this thread not intending to make a mccarthy flame thread, but to show my appreciation for dom's awesome freakin defense scheme, which has taken us to the playoffs once again. The thought of having a different D coordinator next year makes me cringe.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, MM was just masterful out there. It sure helped that Rodgers had the best performance I've ever seen out of a QB, and that Starks is the real deal, maybe better than Ryan Grant.

But MM's gameplan, it was PERFECT. He seemed four steps ahead of the opposing defense.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts