Dolphins hire Joe Philbin as head coach

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clements better stay put as OC in GB. I wonder if Philbin will take Matt Flynn with. As far as x's and o's you have a fine coach but you never know how he will be as a leader of men when he is the top guy. Can he keep a guy like Marshall in check? No one can really say. I don't think its hard to get the respect of your players in a place like GB with the personalities on the roster but South Beach and some of the personalities on the Dolphins is another beast. Good luck to him and take no one else other than Flynn with him.

justcallmedaddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clements better stay put as OC in GB. I wonder if Philbin will take Matt Flynn with. As far as x's and o's you have a fine coach but you never know how he will be as a leader of men when he is the top guy. Can he keep a guy like Marshall in check? No one can really say. I don't think its hard to get the respect of your players in a place like GB with the personalities on the roster but South Beach and some of the personalities on the Dolphins is another beast. Good luck to him and take no one else other than Flynn with him.

Haha, I know Packer fans are very high on Clements. I think Marshall takes a lot of criticism from the media about him being a cancer or a wild person, but he has been very mature here in Miami and I respect the guy a lot more ever since he came to Miami.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are the stars aligning for Green Bay?

When the Pats traded Matt Cassel to KC, the deal went through so smoothly because KC had a number of ex-Patriot coaches on the staff. Can the Packer work out a deal with the Dolphins for Flynn that's for sure? You figure that Philbin, who helped mold Flynn, would want Flynn as the starter. This type of deal would take all the "franchise tag risk" away since a deal could be made before-hand.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's certainly got the talent to be one of the best. I'd love to see you guys take over the division and shut Belichick and Ryan up. I think Philbin (and a trade for Flynn) would be a great start.

justcallmedaddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's certainly got the talent to be one of the best. I'd love to see you guys take over the division and shut Belichick and Ryan up. I think Philbin (and a trade for Flynn) would be a great start.
I thought Flynn was a free agent this year?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Dolphins have the 42nd overall draft pick and are projected to take a quarterback in two of the mock drafts I've seen. This is almost too good to be true.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
lol if you think you are getting Clements. He's staying right where he is and will be our new OC.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you have a source?
No he doesn't.
He thinks the voice in his heart is a source though.

I like Regis, but I don't think Philbin will lead the Dolphins to much TBH.

You can have him though, and Matt Flynn to be your franchize QB for the next decade, and James Jones, for Cameron Wake.

justcallmedaddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No he doesn't.
He thinks the voice in his heart is a source though.

I like Regis, but I don't think Philbin will lead the Dolphins to much TBH.

You can have him though, and Matt Flynn to be your franchize QB for the next decade, and James Jones, for Cameron Wake.

Hey man our WRs have enough drops as it is :laugh:

I don't wanna give up Cameron wake, he's our only guy who can get any pressure on a QB.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's get Brad Childress.
He might get hired by the Bucs or the Colts.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/20/colts-want-to-talk-with-brad-childress/

Colts GM: Brad, do you have any ideas if Peyton can't come back?
Brad: "Guys, I have a great idea for who can replace Peyton Manning if he can't play anymore. Two words. Brett Favre. Yeah, me and him are tight! Now, are there three Colts players who know Brett who can go to his home to convince him out of retirement and have him show up like with two days left of practice camp? I'll even pick him up from the airport at no charge saving you all on car rental or taxi fair."

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, Dolphins fan here. As most of you know, Philbin was just hired as head coach of the Miami Dolphins. But there has also been speculation that Clements may be going with him to be the OC of the Dolphins(he might also stay with the Packers) so I was wondering what your thoughts were on these 2? Do you think Philbin is going to be a good Head Coach? Do you think Clements would be able to help our QB situation?
I'm curious to know how your a Fins fan when your a fan of other teams located in the mid-states?

justcallmedaddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious to know how your a Fins fan when your a fan of other teams located in the mid-states?

Well, I was born and raised in Chicago so that explains the Bulls and Sox and Notre Dame being in Indiana I was fond of them and Michigan State.

But when I was a kid we had moved to Florida for about 3 years before moving back, and at that time I hadn't really had a favorite football team and watching Marino play kind of swung my heart towards Miami.

justcallmedaddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clements will have better opportunities elsewhere. Oakland still needs a HC, Steelers and Packers need an OC. Why would he go to the Dolphins?

It just doesn't make sense, folks

I never said he wouldn't come back to Green Bay, but having a chance to get Matt Flynn and Philbin now coaching here it isn't too much of a stretch for him to come here. Besides that, the Dolphins team has a solid team rounded, we have a very good defense and a talented group of receivers and Reggie Bush at RB. I think Moore could be a solid option at QB for Miami but if they can find a real franchise QB they could be a very good team for a while.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I was born and raised in Chicago so that explains the Bulls and Sox and Notre Dame being in Indiana I was fond of them and Michigan State.

But when I was a kid we had moved to Florida for about 3 years before moving back, and at that time I hadn't really had a favorite football team and watching Marino play kind of swung my heart towards Miami.
Cool.
Dig it.
Thanx.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I could definitely see Philbin taking Flynn. I will like whatever team Flynn is starting for.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I never said he wouldn't come back to Green Bay, but having a chance to get Matt Flynn and Philbin now coaching here it isn't too much of a stretch for him to come here. Besides that, the Dolphins team has a solid team rounded, we have a very good defense and a talented group of receivers and Reggie Bush at RB. I think Moore could be a solid option at QB for Miami but if they can find a real franchise QB they could be a very good team for a while.

I don't mean to come off in a degrading way towards the Dolphins. But if you were offered to be coordinator for the Dolphins, Packers and Steelers, would you really pick the Dolphins over two perennial playoff contenders???

Now if he were being offered an upgraded position like head coach or GM, then it would make sense. But to take the same job on a different team, and one that is, let's face it, in overhaul just doesn't make sense.

Members online

Latest posts