Does TT deserve partial blame?

Reaction score
Ok people might rip me for this, but this is what I think. TT has to shoulder some of the blame for the bad performance tonight. He knows that NO WAY is Horton a 3rd CB in this league. Yet he hasn't gotten MS anyone of significance to use out there. No excuse, Horton is an inexperienced CB who has talent, but no experience. And before you RIP MS for putting Horton out there, who else has MS got? Hawkins is out, he can't use anyone else constantly at Corner. TT should provide at least an option or two for the coaches, IMO.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I think he's more concerned with getting the young guys some game experience than winning games.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i think he shoulda done something about carroll, or at least roman right away. horton\hawkins ...eh...cant blame him totally, they had hopes that guys wouldnt suck.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Trom, with Caroll, you gotta have someone to push him. TT should bring in that someone. Roman, is just CRAP! He has no playmaking ability whatsoever! TT has got to give his coaches SOME players that can step it up.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
this is why you don't trade johnson to the rams and cut thomas. horton is terrible.

Well, we did get Robert Thomas for Johnson, so that was a great move. I still don't know why TT cut Joey Thomas, I think there is more to that story than we know.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some say it was cuz thomas wasnt good, some say it was cuz he had a bad attitude, some say it was a message to carroll...whatever the reason, losing him wasnt that bad

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll see what Thompson is really like this coming offseason. If he makes no real moves to get this team some playmakers we know he is just sitting there collecting a paycheck.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Horton did a great job in helping our quest for the #1 draft pick next year. I mean really, at this point what else is there to hope for?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You folks make me laugh. TT is trying to dig out from 5 years of bad drafts and FA decisions. It is not going to be done in one year. Or would you prefer he just mortgage the future ala SF and Dallas for the diatant possibility that MS/TR could actually do something WITH talent?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
no digs..

But i'd like to see him TRY to do something constructive this year....

like sign LEVENS....couldn't hurt...could only help...it ain't his money he's holding onto...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah i think he shoulda done something about carroll, or at least roman right away. horton\hawkins ...eh...cant blame him totally, they had hopes that guys wouldnt suck.

Budnle all four of them and send them away for a fuggin bag of apples. Not one of them can play CB or in Romans case, SS/FS. They need to watch Harris and Collins and try to emulate them more instead of worrying about dancing after a INCOMPLETE pass in which they did NOTHING to make the WR drop.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
You folks make me laugh. TT is trying to dig out from 5 years of bad drafts and FA decisions. It is not going to be done in one year. Or would you prefer he just mortgage the future ala SF and Dallas for the diatant possibility that MS/TR could actually do something WITH talent?

ding ding ding, i'm going with this post

our window of opportunity closed on january 14, 2004 when mike sherman sent in Josh Bidpoor to punt the ball back to the eagles with 2:30-something left, and you will hear me (whine) about that all week leading up to this game...Ted Thompson recognized this after the fact and is simply acting in our best interest

folks, you cant blame thompson for simply carrying out his philosophy--and you can't help but pat him on the back for hitting the "uh oh" button on this team and starting to play for the future...a term often used in sports is "chop out the dead wood"--cleditus hunt sayanora, applause for that move...na'il diggs is too much of a liability getting hurt, get him out of here, ditto adrian klemm--eat his signing bonus i dont care, what a waste--give Coston a hack at the other guard

ted thompson used the 2005 draft to draft role players, something every team needs, and we don't have...special teamers/situational defense in Poppinga, Hawkins, Underwood...an improving guard in Whitticker, Scott Wells (not a draft pick i know) should be a capable replacement for Flanagan...terrence murphy would be playing a legit role in our offense right now if healthy, i'm confident in that--and i hope he can rebound and contribute and give us reason to get rid of robert ferguson too...craig bragg was drafted to give us a legit punt returner but it didn't pan out, the 6th round either works or it doesnt--Ted went out and got us 14 draft picks...the more we draft, the more chance we have of striking gold, which i believe we did with some of our picks despite our poor position last year

he drafted the role players to set the foundation to build the team around new stars...certainly a 100% javon walker will help this in years to come...we have a star in the making in nick collins...and i'm sure thompson realized in the back of his mind that eventually a season like this was going to happen...that garners a high draft pick and more star potential for 06...07...and so on

we can build a team around the players thompson drafts (honestly my primary reason why i think thompson will axe sherman and sign someone who agrees more with his philosophy)...begin to build the team around fundamentally strong game play (JIM BATES!!!!)...and ease our future stars (aaron rodgers? reggie bush?) into the mix

i will be interested to see how ted thompson handles april's draft...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also agree, TT has done great so far. Decent draft picks, cut Hunt and Thomas..brought in Robert Thomas.....

next on the block, roman and carroll...and horton

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I also agree, TT has done great so far. Decent draft picks, cut Hunt and Thomas..brought in Robert Thomas.....

next on the block, roman and carroll...and horton

isnt it amazing how many times we struck out on DB/CB/SS/FS? the list seems endless.

a. edwards, f. vinsion, c. newsome (well good until his injury then went to SF an got caught smoking grass) carroll, and sheesh lots of others

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
isnt it amazing how many times we struck out on DB/CB/SS/FS? the list seems endless.

a. edwards, f. vinsion, c. newsome (well good until his injury then went to SF an got caught smoking grass) carroll, and sheesh lots of others

the first line of your post...how many times we struck out, end it there, cause youre onto something

edwards and vinson are good examples, but don't forget it was fred vinson that landed us Ahman Green from Seattle

just some more packer draft bashing for everyone's information...

2001--jamal reynolds, chris chambers, torrance marshall, bwawoh jue, bill ferrio, david martin--wait we took robert ferguson over chris chamers? oh yeah
commentary: jamal reynolds, one of the biggest busts in recent history...robert ferguson started to become useful towards the end of '04 but has regressed to the useless ferguson we're all used to, torrance marshall--pfft, david martin, another packer tight end that can't block

2002--JAVON WALKER...marques anderson, najeh davenport, craig nall, aaron kampman, houghton (?)
commentary: no 2nd round pick, marques anderson was our 3rd round pick, traded for draft picks which sherman probably traded for bazooka joe comics, nall backup QB, ill give you that one, aaron kampman is worth his weight in gold right now, walker and davenport--injuries

2003--nick barnett...kenny peterson, james lee, hillenmeyer, chris johnson brennan curtin, deandrew rubin, steve ford, steve josue
commentary: yeah, exactly...barnett is a solid LB, no 2nd round pick, but this got us Al Harris, so i accept that...kenny peterson isn't much of a DE or DT and I think he's officially supplanted...james lee was billed as "Gilbert II" and never panned out...chris johnson got us Robert Thomas, the others...well

my point, packer fans, is that...guys are in their primes in their 3rd-6th seasons...ours are either hurt or have long since found other jobs, other teams have drafted talent in their prime...further reason for you posters on the fence to lean more towards TT's rebuilding scheme

yeah im pretty bored right now

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone remember all 4'11" of Terrell Buckley hanging on for dear life? I do all too well. We've always had trouble fielding two good corners at once. Finally we did with McKenzie and Harris - and then McKenzie leaves. Probably for the best anyhow with Slowik's ineptitude.

As for Carroll - he needs to shut his mouth and play ball.
Roman - I still don't know how he has a job.
Harris - as solid as it gets.
Collins - I'll take him over Sharper in a heartbeat. He's the type of guy who will inflict some needed pain for any receiver daring to go over the middle.

Our defense is 2 players away from being dominant. We got to play to win, and despite being all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, we need to get some attitude to carry over to next year.

Now lets crack some skulls in Philly.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for Carroll - he needs to shut his mouth and play ball.
Roman - I still don't know how he has a job.
Harris - as solid as it gets.
Collins - I'll take him over Sharper in a heartbeat. He's the type of guy who will inflict some needed pain for any receiver daring to go over the middle.

Our defense is 2 players away from being dominant. We got to play to win, and despite being all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, we need to get some attitude to carry over to next year.

I agree 110% especially on the 2 players away from being dominant. Carroll...id just like to see him not on this team. He is not a packer talent wise, or attitude wise...just...let him go

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts