Does This Season

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
easier said..then done Musscy...

Do you know how fast things happen out there...?

What if he took the sack and Longwell missed the FG..?

P@ck66, you have a lot of insight to a person who can see through your fire Sherman BS all the time...having said that, if he takes the sack and Longwell misses the FG under 30 yards...do you honestly think people on this forum are going to accuse Favre for that? Give me a break...

Longwell has not had his typical Pro-Bowl type year and it is not up to Brett to make field goals....no matter how much of a pro-Favre fan you may be, you can at least admit that. The worse case scenario in that situation should have been a missed Packer field goal, period. I'll take you back a few weeks when Favre fumbled against the Steelers in a similar situation...that was not on Favre as he was blindsided and the ball just came out. The picks he threw against the Bears were 100% FAVRE'S (NO ONE ELSE'S) FAULT!!! Now, I got that off my chest, I want Favre to play another 2-3 years and hopefully we get a solid talent base around him so he can exit the game a la John Elway.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ND..

You can say they were Favre's fault if that makes you feel better...I know it makes quite a few others here feel good to say it...

but the simple fact of the matter is that if you are a QB that is asked to throw 58 times a game to inferior NFL europe quality receivers with a predictable game plan..and oh yeah..by the way..you getting hammered physically by the Bears front 4 all game...then by all means blame Favre...

Say he wasn't hit by a bear lineman and the ball sails out of the endzone..Longwell kicks the FG...different story....

This is the nfl..unpredictable things happen..they're not robots...but humans out there....

But remember this...Brett Favre is really being asked to "win" these games primarily by himself because he doesn't really have a "team" around him...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
ND..

You can say they were Favre's fault if that makes you feel better...I know it makes quite a few others here feel good to say it...

but the simple fact of the matter is that if you are a QB that is asked to throw 58 times a game to inferior NFL europe quality receivers with a predictable game plan..and oh yeah..by the way..you getting hammered physically by the Bears front 4 all game...then by all means blame Favre...

Say he wasn't hit by a bear lineman and the ball sails out of the endzone..Longwell kicks the FG...different story....

This is the nfl..unpredictable things happen..they're not robots...but humans out there....

But remember this...Brett Favre is really being asked to "win" these games primarily by himself because he doesn't really have a "team" around him...

The picks were Favre's fault and no, it doesn't make me feel better to say so. The rest of your post is very accurate...58 passes in a ballgame where the run was efficient was a travesty on the coaches part, they blew it there. I know Favre said he was trying to throw the ball away but I may be the only one, I just have my doubts on that...it looked like the many passes we've seen of late where he just throws it up there hoping for a big play. Like I've said before P@ck66, I think you have some valid points when one can sort through your fire Sherman all the time BS.

The picks were Favre's fault, the gameplan/playcalling were not, does that make you feel better???

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
No Pack I dont find nets brand of opinion welcome all net can do is ridicule people for expressing thiers.

Must be a different net than I know. The net I know is a former sports writer and has more football knowledge than most of the folks in most forums. I don't agree with net on plenty of topics, but he is some one who is worth reading and paying attention to when forming one's own opinion.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Brett Favre as much as any one other than his wife. He deserves to be a first ballot hall of famer and belongs in any serious conversation of the greatest QB of all time.

Now, having paid my homage to Brett's greatness, let's address this ******** about 58 passes.

How many of those passes came in that very drive in the two minute offense that led to the ill-advised (I am being extremely generous) pass that turn into at least a 6 point swing ??? -- quite a few. And how many came in the final two drives when the Packers were desperately trying to come back? Remember how many Brett threw in the final drive that got him down inside the 4 when time expired?

There was nothing wrong with the Packers game plan. It accomplished what no other NFL team had done in months -- expose some weakness in da bears defense. That is a plain and simple fact.

Just as it is a plain and simple fact that both of Brett's interceptions were poorly thrown, bush league passes that would get many QB's benched and some cut. The interception before half was heaved up before he was hit as he retreated backwards. If he put it deep and outside Fergy could have made a play on it -- instead he lofted a duck short and to the inside -- where only the defender could make a play on the ball. Even a high school Qb knows that you take the sack and the 4 point lead going into the half against the toughest defense in the league rather than throw it up for grab. Favre suffered one of his unexplainable brain farts on the play. That is not the story on most of Brett's interceptions, but it was on both thrown in this division rivalry game. The second, was equally unexcusable. The problem was not the call, rather the read. A read most rookie QBs could have made better.

Like I said I appreciate and admire Brett Favre. I am not interested in scapegoating him -- he made plenty of good plays to go with his bad in this game. However, to try and shift the blame to the coaching staff for Favre's undefendable interceptions in this very winnable game is as lame as ignoring when most of those 58 passes were thrown.

NDPackerFan said:
P@ck66 said:
ND..

The picks were Favre's fault and no, it doesn't make me feel better to say so. The rest of your post is very accurate...58 passes in a ballgame where the run was efficient was a travesty on the coaches part, they blew it there. I know Favre said he was trying to throw the ball away but I may be the only one, I just have my doubts on that...it looked like the many passes we've seen of late where he just throws it up there hoping for a big play. Like I've said before P@ck66, I think you have some valid points when one can sort through your fire Sherman all the time BS.

The picks were Favre's fault, the gameplan/playcalling were not, does that make you feel better???

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i more less skimmed cuz 3 pages of back and forth is a lot to take in.

back to the original pt, walker and driver make up one of the more talented duo's in the NFL. who else has a stud 3rd wr? manning has stokely? palmer has chris henry? tough to find a team with 3 pro bowl wrs.

Members online

Latest posts