Does MM have this team too full of themselvs?

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's not right to compare MM & MS at this point, even though alot of people do it on here. apples & oranges guys! i'm not convinced that MM was TT's BEST choice but TT made it, MM's here, & we'll see what happens.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO all MM was saying was that the young guys need to understand that they will need to continue to learn, get better each week, and play with consistancy.

Win a couple of games and they start feeling as though they've "got it" and then focus can become an issue and a regression will occur.

He was putting the cart in front of the horse with the statement but I think he was just forwarning the young guys that they need to keep that fire in their belly which can be a little harder to do after getting a couple of wins.

Unfortunately at this point he doesn't have to worry about that yet.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
it's not right to compare MM & MS at this point, even though alot of people do it on here. apples & oranges guys! i'm not convinced that MM was TT's BEST choice but TT made it, MM's here, & we'll see what happens.
M&M's, TiTy's.......4pack has chocolate and sex on her mind!

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
You know i find a majority of this board has ADD because none of you can decide what you want. You can be like the the or want it both ways from Sunday.

Not long ago you screamed for the head of Sherman (Ohhh woe is to us Packer Fan that has to endure him) So TT fires Sherman and we get McCarthy.

Now that we have MM you want him gone after 2 whole games. 2 games folks.

So you arer a coach Pyle how long have you been doing it. hmmmm so how would you like your skills as a coach to be judged after 2 games. Would you think it equitable if after two games it was determined that you just didnt look like a HC (Chamako) so therefore you should be canned. I would say no.

Listen everyone it takes time to grow into any job. Mike Holmgren had to grow into his. Remember took him 4 years to get to the Superbowl. Not only that he became the first GB coach to loose a Superbowl with a superior team than the one he played.

MM will suffer setbacks as a coach. The Pack will be up and down this year. There are 14 morer games to be played. There are alot of positives on this team as a whole things to get excited about. After 15 years of winning you are bound to see some down time.

GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

Never said MM should be gone. the point is what he said was stupid.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
it's not right to compare MM & MS at this point, even though alot of people do it on here.

Why not? You mean it doesn't make sense to compare a 6 year career vs. a 2-game career?

hehehehe, i hear ya....but...yeah.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
I wouldnt start trying to judge how good of a coach MM is until TT gets a good team around him.

funny how that works, right. "Dont yell at brett, he has a bad team around him!" but its ok to blast MM who is working with the same thing. lol.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont blast MM at all. I think that the team has talent but it is not a solid team because they are young and make rookie mistakes. To me that is no fault at all of MM. As of right now I have NOTHING in the world against MM.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
4packgirl said:
M&M's, TiTy's.......4pack has chocolate and sex on her mind!

:shock: you mean there's something ELSE besides chocolate & sex?? :moon:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think MM was the wrong choice, I don't like his lack of intensity or his ability to adjust during a game. Thats what you get with a young coach who is not ready to step up to the plate. He may learn and he may grow but at this time you can see the difference between someone like Payton and McCarthy. Sundays game was a glaring example.

It's just not his time and not a good situation. A young coach trying to teach a young team is not a good mix. It was a bad choice by TT but you know TT loves the youth so maybe coaches are no exception.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know I here this it's "we're not talented enough" or, "the coaching's not there" and just want to simplify my take on it is this:

We have the talent and on "D" it's not a youth thing. We have plenty of experience there.

It's not a coaching thing. These guys IMO are prepared.

They are just not GETTING IT DONE. Could this not be the case?

Last year the big bad Bears defense went out there and stunk it up the first four games. Does that mean they had no talent or weren't coached?

I don't think so. When I watch a Carroll take a fake with the up back in perfect position and the only way we get burned is to take that fake. I'm sorry that's not coaching. That's not talent or a lack of. That's just a dumb decision.

They need to get there heads out of their butts and start playing football.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
You know I here this it's "we're not talented enough" or, "the coaching's not there" and just want to simplify my take on it is this:

We have the talent and on "D" it's not a youth thing. We have plenty of experience there.

It's not a coaching thing. These guys IMO are prepared.

They are just not GETTING IT DONE. Could this not be the case?

Last year the big bad Bears defense went out there and stunk it up the first four games. Does that mean they had no talent or weren't coached?

I don't think so. When I watch a Carroll take a fake with the up back in perfect position and the only way we get burned is to take that fake. I'm sorry that's not coaching. That's not talent or a lack of. That's just a dumb decision.

They need to get there heads out of their butts and start playing football.

Thats a rookie mistake made by Carroll.

Members online

Latest posts