1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Does LT devalue Shonn Greene?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Ghost of Billy Mays, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Ghost of Billy Mays

Ghost of Billy Mays Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    As fantasy football is a year round hobby, I am always watching how free agency plays out, and how it will affect who I draft. At the end of the year, like most people, I thought Shonn Greene will go very early in most drafts, especially with Thomas Jones departing to KC. With LT signing and Leon Washington possibly still in the mix, I no longer feel that love for Shonn. While he is very talented, and NY has one of the best, if not the best, run supporting lines in the NFL, I cringe at RB by commitee. Lots can happen between now and fantasy draft day, so we will see. How do you feel about drafting Shonn with LT waiting to steal fantasy points away.
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3,428 / 81 / -25
    Leon washington might not be there at the start of the season, but I think LT might steal some TDs from Greene. I cant imagine LT being great this season though, or gaining a ton of yards. If Washington was gone would that change your mind on Greene's fantasy value?
  3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    LT right now is not in a position to value himself as a FF player, but rather to devalue other players.

He definitely will take carries away from Shonn Greene.

But even if he wasn't there, I think another back would've...
  4. Ghost of Billy Mays

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I guess in regards to fantasy football, where do you value Shonn Greene. Top tier back with the likes of CJ, AP, MJD, and Ray Rice....or more like Marion Barber?
  5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    I'd rate him as Barber.

But Thomas Jones just had an awesome FF season. So I may be wrong.

But statistically, he's not going to get as many reps as the ones you mentioned.

In fact, Grant may finish ahead of him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Grant, in a non-PPR league, had a better season than Rice.

If not, he was close...
  6. Ghost of Billy Mays

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    You're probably right, Rice had a boat load of receptions. I was going off the RB point leaders in my league, and Rice had more fantasy points than AP.
  7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    But in a PPR league, right?
  8. Ghost of Billy Mays

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Yeah right, a PPR league.
  9. Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I play the straight up yards per point league... no PPR's. I would still have to say that Ray Rice is a top 3 back. Would hold off on Greene. I think you can get way better value from other guys for where he is going to go in the draft. Someone is gonna hop on that bandwagon and take him too early. The nice thing about this years draft class, I don't know that we have to be too worried about a clear starter coming from that class (possibly Spiller to Seattle).
  10. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings Received:
    +471 / 1 / -0
    I think Leon Washington coming back from injury does more to devalue Greene than LT does. With Washington, Greene, and LT, I could easily see a RB by Committee mentality in New York. I'd stay away from all of them if you can help it.
  11. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +281 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    It really depends on how LT performs in the first couple of games. They are going to give him a shot that is for sure. But if just runs into the back of his OLine men, he is going to get minimal carries at best.
  12. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings Received:
    +77 / 4 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    As someone who drafted shonn greene last year :) I can emphatically say NO, he doesnt, jets are gonna run the ball more than anyother team next year(except maybe the redskins) and shonn geene is gonna get his 20-25 touches a game, not to mention he will get ALL the touches in the red zone. SG is a GREAT pick-up, if you can get him for the right price, dont expect too many yards, just touchdowns though.