Does Jeff Saturday Return in 2013?

H

HardRightEdge

GBPG reported Barclay has been added to the injury report as questionable with an unspecified illness.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBPG reported Barclay has been added to the injury report as questionable with an unspecified illness.

What would that mean for the O-line? Lang gets kicked out to RT and Saturday comes back to C and EDS to LG? That would be my guess, anyone know for sure? Van Roten is on the injury report as well, if he can't play what would we do if there was an injury, would Raji come in haha.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
GVR is sick, Lang couldn get cleared because he was sick, Barclay is sick, House was sick last week. Quarantine them before someone else gets sick :ninja: *knocks on wood* *throws salt over shoulder*

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we have a good look at the future of Jeff Saturday, after getting replaced by EDS against the Titans.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I called this weeks ago that EDS was the future starter at center when i created a thread about the future o-line..some people thought otherwise. Hmmm???;)

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I called this weeks ago that EDS was the future starter at center when i created a thread about the future o-line..some people thought otherwise. Hmmm???;)

It's one game. We'll see how he does against the Vikings. We still need to improve our OL in the offseason even if EDS does look promising. I'm still hoping for either Jonathan Cooper or Barrett Jones. Jones is a very, very versatile lineman who can play almost any spot including C. If we could nab him in round 2, which would probably require us to move up a bit, while reserving our Round 1 pick for someone like Tyler Eifert, that'd be awesome.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saturday and EDS has varying positive and negative attributes, and I'm sure that EDS and Rodgers have been putting in extra time during practice. MM and TT probably figure that this is the right time to see what you've got at center, heading into the 2013 draft.

The Vikings D-line is certainly better than the Titans line. This will be an important stretch of games for EDS

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saturday and EDS has varying positive and negative attributes, and I'm sure that EDS and Rodgers have been putting in extra time during practice. MM and TT probably figure that this is the right time to see what you've got at center, heading into the 2013 draft.

The Vikings D-line is certainly better than the Titans line. This will be an important stretch of games for EDS

True but any signs of struggle MM has to go back to Saturday. Can't mess around in the playoffs.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sort of with you on that statement, because it is the playoffs. But it flies in the face of conventional wisdom which would be that you weather the initial problems as someone adjusts and grows into a new role. Knowing how MM and TT handle personnel issues, it seems unlikely that they would yank EDS unless he was stinking up the place. They must have seen a decline in Saturday's play enough to insert EDS just two weeks prior to the playoffs. Heck, they won't yank Crosby but they yank Saturday....

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Still disagree. It will take more than one game to convince me otherwise.
It's one game. We'll see how he does against the Vikings. We still need to improve our OL in the offseason even if EDS does look promising. I'm still hoping for either Jonathan Cooper or Barrett Jones. Jones is a very, very versatile lineman who can play almost any spot including C. If we could nab him in round 2, which would probably require us to move up a bit, while reserving our Round 1 pick for someone like Tyler Eifert, that'd be awesome.
Cooper and Jones will likely go in the first, especially if ATL picks ahead of us. I like Ertz better than Eifert.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
^
I agree with a lot of what you said but I don't think the injury to Nick Perry could be classified as serious. He had surgery to repair ligament damage in his wrist. From what I've heard he should be as good as new.
U figure if AD can come back from an ACL/MCL Perry should be able to come back & be better

Latest posts