Do you want the team to get younger by year?

NFL_GEEK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson keeps saying he wants the team to get only younger by year...now let me see..? how are we going to win if Ted keeps kicking the veterans out and keeping 1st-2nd year players on the roster? This is all dumb...we need to win, and it has to be now! I mean do you see the Colts, Patriots with only young rookies on the roster? it's about winning........................ get it right TED!!!

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We went 13-3 last year. I'm going to save my judgement at this point because i feel he's done a pretty good job so far. He knows more than I do and i'm going to trust him until he gives me reason otherwise

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL_GEEK said:
Thompson keeps saying he wants the team to get only younger by year...now let me see..? how are we going to win if Ted keeps kicking the veterans out and keeping 1st-2nd year players on the roster? This is all dumb...we need to win, and it has to be now! I mean do you see the Colts, Patriots with only young rookies on the roster? it's about winning........................ get it right TED!!!

haha. too funny. umm If you check the Colts roster... you'll find that almost every single starter is a player they've drafted. but thats a fact and you clearly arent interested in that.

have fun hating life.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The Colts also have one of the youngest teams in NFL as well.

lol. Cool guy.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Youngest NFL Teams 2007

Team Wins Losses Avg. Age

Green Bay* 13 3 25.72
Indianapolis* 13 3 25.74
Cincinnati 7 9 26.08
Dallas* 13 3 26.08
Carolina 7 9 26.17
Arizona 8 8 26.21
San Diego* 11 5 26.23
N.Y. Giants* 10 6 26.26
Minnesota 8 8 26.28
Buffalo 7 9 26.33

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i want our entire team to be 1st year nfl players ... ya im with ted ... who needs the vets there old and suck ... we may as well cut rodgers and go with brohm this year ,, that would be great .. i bet we would win the bowl ...

pseudocide

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT always goes for potential over experience to break a tie it seems, his philosophy has worked very well and I won't complain until it stops working.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's method to the apparent Thompson madness about building up young. A quote from Mike McCarthy in this year's official Packers' Yearbook sums it up:
"Something that I think gets lost is that we really try and stay focused on building a championship program, not just trying to build one championship team."

What would you rather have in Green Bay; the New England Patriots kind of situation or the Baltimore Ravens? The Ravens loaded up for one grand Super Bowl run - 8 years ago. They haven't been back since. The Pats have 4 Super Bowl appearances and 3 wins during that same time.
We had a build up for "one championship team" in 1996 and it was grand. But it's been nothing but frustration since trying to get back there.
TT & MM have been building up a solid "core" of younger players who will stay and grow together for some time to come. As that core develops they'll get more active in free agency to find players who will strategically get the club to the summit.
But with this approach the Packers will be less apt to get burned by hurried FA signees like Joe Johnson, which happens when you're desperate for that one single shot that leaves you with nothing left if it misses.

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post Packerlife. I agree with what TT and McCarthy are doing, they are building a team that can compete now and will continue to perform will years down the road.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL_GEEK said:

BUT do u want all old loseres to make u go like 2-14 or make a good *** team to make a long lasting team 8)

TeamGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to agree with the youthful way and drafting long term success. It has worked in NE and they have been consistant for years with players they drafted and then being very selective with Vets. You all have seen what happened at Kansas when they just tried to buy a Championship with Vets... they had no youngsters coming through and for the last few years they sucked bad when all the vets got too old and no younger players to step up (that has changed with 10 drafts this year).

It has to be a very fine balance, But i would rather keep getting the young players coming through, picking up good draft players than giving all the drafts away like Clevland did this year to get some older players... I know its only one game against the Cowboys, but they got it handed to them!!

(It echos one of the above posts a little)

Keep them young, but keep the Dozen Vets who can lead the team forward, who have the want and desire to go the distance. And You can then only build a team for long term success

Members online

Latest posts