Do you want a Brett Favre statue in Green Bay?

L

Lunchboxer

I was listening to a Millwalkee Sport Radio show they said a rumor going around is that A Statue could be built?

Could there be any truth to this. Would you want one.

I would enjoy putting griffi all over it.

Reaction score
I would say yes, but I think he lost Statue Respect after the whole "Vikings and Jets phase". 2 of my least favorite teams if you ask me.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I have never been to Wisconsin, let alone the stadium I do not know who has statues and who doesn't (besides Lombardi ofocourse.) but I would make a list of something like:

Don Hutson

Bart Starr

(in the future) Aaron Rodgers*

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As long as it doesn't talk or throw ill-timed interceptions, then sure, why not? I think Don and Bart should get a statue first though. Hutson, not Majkowski, BTW.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As I have never been to Wisconsin, let alone the stadium I do not know who has statues and who doesn't (besides Lombardi ofocourse.) but I would make a list of something like:

Don Hutson

Bart Starr

(in the future) Aaron Rodgers*

Yep. Last I knew the only statues at stadium were Lombardi and Curly.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Favres statue wearing open fly jeans and holding a cell phone?

Ok ok I'll be serious... Is he passing the ball in the statue or is he trying to make a tackle from the INT he just threw?

I think a statue of him would be asking for trouble. But I'm one of those people who normally favors statues of only people who have passed, with a few exceptions.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I'd be all for this one!!! :D

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only two statues at Lambeau Field are those of Curly and Vince. They were placed there when the Atrium was added under the last major renovation. Bob Harlan wanted them in front of the Atrium.

The Bart Starr statue is technically not a part of the Lambeau Field Stadium site. It is across the street in the Resch Center Courtyard. There's one of him in the Packer Hall of Fame.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/statues.13971/ from that thread 4 years ago:
There are Oneida Nation "Walk of Legends " monuments honoring Green Bay Packer players located through out the area east Lambeau Field. But not located on 30 acres that Lambeau Field and facilities are located on. The following players have monuments honoring them : Brett Favre, Tony Canadeo, Reggie White, Jerry Kramer, Ray Nitschke, Paul Hornung, plus Coach/GM Vince Lombardi and the Green Bay town teams from 1895-1919. have monuments in an area east of Lambeau Field.

By 2009, there will be a total of 24 of these "Walk of Legends " monuments located in the area near Lambeau Field complex.

Bart Starr plaza and Statue of Bart Starr has been removed from the location in front of Reush Center. This locatiion of Bart Starr plaza apparently violated an agreement that was made with the person who donated great amount money to have Ruesh Center named after him. There is a committee looking for the proper location to relocate Bart Starr Statue and Bart Starr plaza. I have not heard of any decison ,as to the location as yet.

All the retired Great Packer players named above , already have displays honoring them in the Packer Hall of Fame except Brett Favre. he will be in there next.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A big NO to a statue at Lambeau of that Viking QB. That would be disgraceful to the green & gold, IMO.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. He was a great QB & made things happen,even if they were for the other team at times. You make a statue of Favre then you need one for All the other Packer greats. We have 2 statues & that should be plenty. Put him in the Legendary walk of Fame w/the others

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rkzrep

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. He was a great QB & made things happen,even if they were for the other team at times. You make a statue of Favre then you need one for All the other Packer greats. We have 2 statues & that should be plenty. Put him in the Legendary walk of Fame w/the others

"There are Oneida Nation "Walk of Legends " monuments honoring Green Bay Packer players located through out the area east Lambeau Field. But not located on 30 acres that Lambeau Field and facilities are located on. The following players have monuments honoring them : Brett Favre, Tony Canadeo, Reggie White, Jerry Kramer, Ray Nitschke, Paul Hornung, plus Coach/GM Vince Lombardi and the Green Bay town teams from 1895-1919. have monuments in an area east of Lambeau Field."
---

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curly and Vince only. adding anyone else right now cheapens the honor. Player statues have a place inside the hof.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can retire his number and put him on the ring of fame around lambeau but they should never, ever make a statue of that ******!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bart Starr statue was either taken out or is supposed to be taken out of Resch stadium as he paid a HUGE amount of money for that honor. I could see Rodgers getting one a few yrs after retirement. Since statues cost SO much I believe the city of Green Bay should have a Green Bay Packer walk of fame in front of Lambeau Field. The first 3 should be Curly,Vince & Harlan

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?spn0jf

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not right now, it's not the right time. There is too much tension still, maybe in 20 years or so when things die down but I'm not sure he deserves the honor. Having a statue put in Lambeau field is one of the highest honors, I'm not so sure even 20 years down the road that it would fit.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think a statue will ever be appropriate after what happened at the end of his career. I think retiring his number is honor enough.

Members online

Latest posts