Do you like our chances in the NFC??..no really?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just took another look at our schedule and idk if we are good enough with what we have on our roster. I see 7 wins maybe 8 but who knows? that's why you play the game right? We havn't really done didly squat to improve the defense and the offense imo is less scary without Greg Jennings and the future of Finley is still up in the air. I won't even mention the rb situation.

I'm not sold on any LT we have.. yet alone Bulaga even if the switch is made. I think the corner position is the strength of the defense but we are weak at safety, D-end, and olb outside of Matthews.. who is a diving tackle attempt away from being out 2-3 weeks with a hamstring injury. I think we can defend the North title but at this point that's about it. This year outside of Packer fans you won't hear alot of ppl saying the Packers are the favorites in the NFC. A few moves or pickups could change that however. Heres to hoping we find a stud rb and another difference maker on defense.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the way fans overreact to free agency. Yes, I like our chances. We've done more with less, and there's still a LONG way to go to the beginning of the season, let alone actually playing it.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It certainly looks like a seriously rough schedule next year. Thats been the sentiment since it was released. Of course, we don't know how it's all gonna shake out. But yes, it does look tough.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good grief Rodell..this is getting beyond old. I have to think you're just trolling at this point. It's MARCH 18TH. We are less than a WEEK into free agency, and again you're in a frenzied panic over moves that we haven't made literally just days into the new league year. Do you really think that the roster is being finalized in March? Most free agents still haven't been signed. The draft is another 6 weeks away.

We are adding 2 LB's (Bishop, Perry), and 2 tackles (Bulaga, Sherrod), just from injury returns alone without any other moves. Especially in the cases of Bishop and Bulaga, these are significant players, and Perry may end up being one as well.

And I really couldn't care less who "alot of ppl" say is the favorite in the NFC. A lot of people had Philly as the favorites the last 2 years, and a lot of people completely wrote us off in 2010 when we were 3-3 and half the roster was on IR.

I'm not saying we're the favorites, but we're up there, as we always are. We haven't had less than a 10 win season since 2008, and the 7 or 8 wins you're ******* us for would require an awful lot of bad luck and close losses, which could happen to any team.

The offseason is not over and the sky is not falling. This is like saying "season over" when we fall behind 7-0 in the first quarter of the first game of the season.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usually reserve all judgement about how I think the team is going to do until after week 3 of the preseason. It's a good rule of thumb imo. As this point all your concerns are purely speculative.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10-12 wins next season. Division crown yet again. Unless the Vikings acquire Brady and Revis.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good grief Rodell..this is getting beyond old. I have to think you're just trolling at this point. It's MARCH 18TH. We are less than a WEEK into free agency, and again you're in a frenzied panic over moves that we haven't made literally just days into the new league year. Do you really think that the roster is being finalized in March? Most free agents still haven't been signed. The draft is another 6 weeks away.

We are adding 2 LB's (Bishop, Perry), and 2 tackles (Bulaga, Sherrod), just from injury returns alone without any other moves. Especially in the cases of Bishop and Bulaga, these are significant players, and Perry may end up being one as well.

And I really couldn't care less who "alot of ppl" say is the favorite in the NFC. A lot of people had Philly as the favorites the last 2 years, and a lot of people completely wrote us off in 2010 when we were 3-3 and half the roster was on IR.

I'm not saying we're the favorites, but we're up there, as we always are. We haven't had less than a 10 win season since 2008, and the 7 or 8 wins you're ******* us for would require an awful lot of bad luck and close losses, which could happen to any team.

The offseason is not over and the sky is not falling. This is like saying "season over" when we fall behind 7-0 in the first quarter of the first game of the season.

Also, as far as the Niners and Seachickens being the winners and new best teams in the NFC, let's take a closer look.

49ers - Additions (help me if I am forgetting someone): Boldin, Craig Dahl (Who?!?!); Losses: All-Pro Safety Gholdson. Not sure why Boldin all of a sudden changed everyone's perception of this team. Was it a good move for a 6th-rounder - sure. But, he's also costing $6M. Not a good deal for a guy on the wrong side of 30 and hasn't posted 1,000 yards in any of the last three years.

Seachickens - Additions: Percy, Avril, Bennett... Losses: KR Washington (There may be others, so please revise if that's the case). No doubt about - Percy is a huge get for them. They also signed him to a huge deal, which is risky given Percy's injury risks and the fact he's a mental midget (and the fact pot is legal in the state). And Avril and Bennett will replace Clemmons who tore his ACL in the playoffs last season. Basically a wash for the defense comparing it to last season. Plus, did Avril strike fear in you when we played Detroit? No. And he was protected by Suh, Fairley, and VanDenboesch - the best front four in the game. So, getting those two is nice, but not a huge game changer in my mind.

It's also worth remembering - 49ers and Seachickens are at a huge advantage compared to us in that they don't have to pay their QB's nearly 15% of the cap because they are on the rookie deals still. Our ability to make these splashy signings some in this forum (read: Rodell) want us to make is limited because we have to make room for a record contract with Rodgers, and another huge deal for Clay.

Long story short - the Percy move is the one move that stood out to me. Otherwise, the teams will be similarly situated as last year. True, we got crushed by the buzz saw that was Kaep. But, we are absolutely one of the best in the conference still and, at that point, anything can happen.

H

HardRightEdge

Detroit is undisciplined and dysfunctional. Minnesota doesn't have a QB. Chicago has an inconsistent QB, a bad offensive line, and an aging defense (with personnel losses). I like our chances for the Division. 10 wins is doable.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7 or 8 wins?

I think you are forgetting that we have been the most dominant regular season team over the past 3 years. We have lost only 3 divisional games in the past 3 seasons and we have also won a SB along with making the playoffs for 4 consecutive years.
Why panic now? TT and co. has done a great job drafting and developing our players, the fact that we don't rely on FA and are always playoff contenders speaks loudly for the work they have done.
I don't really care for FA, I'm excited for the draft, but do you know what I'm most looking forward to?
Having Nick Perry, D.J Smith, Derrek Sherrod, Desmond Bishop, Brandon Saine, Bryan Bulaga and many many more back in the mix and healthy.
You are forgetting that we had alot of guys on IR last year and I think because of the way that we won the SB in 2010, people expect that we will win regardless of how many injuries we suffer.
To sum up, next year we are going to have more of our playmakers back and healthy and we will also have some young faces to contribute aswell.

So long as we have #12 throwing the ball we will always be playoff contenders, after that, its about the team getting hot at the right time.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC is looking tough next year in the playoffs. 9ers, Seahawks, and Falcons are gonna be even better.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
NFC is stacked with contenders, this will be a rough time.
49ers, SeaCawks, Giants, Redskins, Falcons, Saints, Packers......gunna be an interesting season indeed.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Trolling? dude get outta here with that nonsense. I'm stating my opinions bro, i don't have any reason to troll as i've been apart of this forum for some time now. Some of you guy's kill me..if you don't like what i'm posting how about not responding? I know what time of year it is.. and it just happens to be a slow time and there are not a ton of thing's to post about smh. Have a blessed day!!

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11-5 last year with a ton of injuries - why would we not be better? Tougher schedule, yeah, but that doesn't always end up the way it looks at this time of year. Who would have thought the Seahawks would be a tough game last year? If our injured OTs come back reasonably healthy and Bishop or Smith or both are as good as before their injuries and most of all, if Aaron Rodgers stays healthy, the sky is the limit IMO.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think at this point in the year the best one can hope to do is maybe arrange a top 10 (or 5 w/e). In no particular order. Of teams that will be the "upper echelon" of each conference. 10 million things can happen before day 1. Maybe its Kaep who tears his calf muscle in the first preseason game. Then what? Maybe Seattle falls off into the ocean never to be seen again (lol). If I had to pick 5 again in no particular order it would be
NFC:
GB
ATL
SF
SEA
NYG
AFC:
BAL
HOU
NE
DEN
CIN

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
At best we will be a 5-11 team. I can't imagine us winning anymore games since we had key losses to our team like Jeff Saturday, Charles Woodson, and Greg Jennings. All of them were instrumental to our great season this year.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trolling? dude get outta here with that nonsense. I'm stating my opinions bro, i don't have any reason to troll as i've been apart of this forum for some time now. Some of you guy's kill me..if you don't like what i'm posting how about not responding? I know what time of year it is.. and it just happens to be a slow time and there are not a ton of thing's to post about smh. Have a blessed day!!

Everyone knows your opinion and no one says you're not entitled to it, as ridiculous as it is to say we haven't done "diddly squat" to improve when the offseason JUST started.

It's one thing to state your opinion, it's another to re-hash it over and over and over again. We get it, you think these teams that signed the big FA deals are now the teams to beat, despite numerous historical evidence that people have presented to the contrary. You think we will win 7-8 games and our 9 year GM won't do anything to improve our current deficiencies. I think everyone understands crystal clear what your opinions on the team are, you don't need to use every thread as your forum to vent about it.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think at this point in the year the best one can hope to do is maybe arrange a top 10 (or 5 w/e). In no particular order. Of teams that will be the "upper echelon" of each conference. 10 million things can happen before day 1. Maybe its Kaep who tears his calf muscle in the first preseason game. Then what? Maybe Seattle falls off into the ocean never to be seen again (lol). If I had to pick 5 again in no particular order it would be
NFC:
GB
ATL
SF
SEA
NYG
AFC:
BAL
HOU
NE
DEN
CIN
Replace NYG with NO and BAL with INDY
With Rodgers a better Oline, Great Wrs, Bishop will be HUGE thank God! Ill put us in the top 3 in the NFC with Seahawks and 9ers. If Kap gets hurt that leaves seahawks and packers. I dont see how we wont be a top team in the NFC. Saints are a team that I could see going to the top of the NFC next year. Brees is the best pure passer if you ask me. With Rob being their new Dcord they should improve that D at least some and even a little improvement for their Defense makes them scary. NFC could have 8 or 9 really good teams. Where we finish in the top 3 will depend on the improvement of current player, this years draft, and the players coming of IR. Next year should be fun and we will be battle tested for sure!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also I cant wait to see what Harris can do with a offseason in this offense. We might have our running back on the roster already.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone knows your opinion and no one says you're not entitled to it, as ridiculous as it is to say we haven't done "diddly squat" to improve when the offseason JUST started.

It's one thing to state your opinion, it's another to re-hash it over and over and over again. We get it, you think these teams that signed the big FA deals are now the teams to beat, despite numerous historical evidence that people have presented to the contrary. You think we will win 7-8 games and our 9 year GM won't do anything to improve our current deficiencies. I think everyone understands crystal clear what your opinions on the team are, you don't need to use every thread as your forum to vent about it.

Hence me saying a few solid pickups via draft or Free agency could change that. As i am very aware that it's early. So as of now 7-8 wins is what i'll stand by.

*win/loss ratio subject to change:tup:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*win/loss ratio subject to change:tup:
Finally something we agree upon!

I think that my opinion has been pretty clear too about what I expect out of FA and the draft with TT at the helm.

7 or 8 wins goes against the trend and conventional wisdom, but I won't cast you off as a heretic. If recent draft choices don't progress and TT misses on the draft then I absolutely could buy into your theory. However, TT and his staff have shown a tremendous ability to cultivate home grown talent...better than most NFL teams. It makes the use of expensive free agency less necessary. It becomes less of a crutch as it is a thrift store to find bargains.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we assuming no growth from the past two draft selections?

Some of us obviously are. I mean, you can't possibly win a Super Bowl if you don't sign every single free agent with name recognition on the market, can you? Can you?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts