Do you honestly think the Packers will win the Super Bowl under Rodgers and McCarthy?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I just scanned the play-by-plays that I have from the Brett-led Packers over his career. You can find 5 examples of him winning on the last play or drive??? Ok, upon your return, please do. I'd like to see them.

I can find only a few. Last play or drive. No seconds left on the clock after...

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Love the troll cage idea!

I for one feel a SB a'comin! :clapping:

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Rodgers is good, McCarthy is good, Capers is good. Running game is improving (except getting tired of Kuhn at 1st 2nd 3rd & goal). Most of the pessimism is because everyone seems to expect perfection always and that is just not how life goes. There is going to be bad calls, fumbles, picks, bad execution, penaltys, bad challenges, no challenges, and if everyone needs your football dished up perfect and can't accept anything less, then go watch soccer. No one seems to be happy with a loss unless it's by 21 points. Sheesh! Rodgers and McCarthy will get to a SB.

Matty Ice 2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a falcon fan, I am hoping the packers beat the eagles and they can come back to the dome for a rematch. I think it will be the same result but it will be close like in the regular season.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers is a Super Bowl and even Hall of Fame caliber player, but I've seen little over the past five years to make me believe that McCarthy is a Super Bowl coach. It's a shame, because this team has so much talent that there really is no excuse for not winning at least one championship at some point in the next several years. I desperately hope McCarthy can prove me wrong, because TT isn't getting rid of him any time soon.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They put Rodgers in number one spot for QB and GB Defense in number two spot under Defenses.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
In case you MM haters missed it. Look at LeRoy Butler's Xs and Os to see how the Packers bomb to Jennings was set up by the play action.
For all of you who continually call MM's play calling bad, please see exhibit 1. Most teams tend to run from the two back formation, the Packers do too. But they've had alot of success throwing from that formation, the opposing D has to respect it, even if we're not good at the run, because if you don't respect it, we will get yardage from the run. That's why you see stuff over and over sometimes, it's displaying a tendency.
Most teams will expect a dive from Kuhn at 3rd and goal right? But just that once, we do play action and it's a toss to Lee who's seldom thrown to. Brilliant? yes, I think so.
There is a heck of alot of chess match going on that the average fan doesn't see. I certainly don't understand it all but I do see some of it. Every good team has tendencies because they work, you can't always game plan against it either because if you cover the lead play, there is something on the other side you can't cover.
I really don't understand everyone questioning MM's play calling. When it works it's a good call? No coach in the history of the game gets it 100%.
Watch Sunday, see if the Iggles don't respect our run what happens. The Packers are slick that way, I expect some yardage on the ground and if not, it's only because it's too easy to pass on them.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In case you MM haters missed it. Look at LeRoy Butler's Xs and Os to see how the Packers bomb to Jennings was set up by the play action.
For all of you who continually call MM's play calling bad, please see exhibit 1. Most teams tend to run from the two back formation, the Packers do too. But they've had alot of success throwing from that formation, the opposing D has to respect it, even if we're not good at the run, because if you don't respect it, we will get yardage from the run. That's why you see stuff over and over sometimes, it's displaying a tendency.
Most teams will expect a dive from Kuhn at 3rd and goal right? But just that once, we do play action and it's a toss to Lee who's seldom thrown to. Brilliant? yes, I think so.
There is a heck of alot of chess match going on that the average fan doesn't see. I certainly don't understand it all but I do see some of it. Every good team has tendencies because they work, you can't always game plan against it either because if you cover the lead play, there is something on the other side you can't cover.
I really don't understand everyone questioning MM's play calling. When it works it's a good call? No coach in the history of the game gets it 100%.
Watch Sunday, see if the Iggles don't respect our run what happens. The Packers are slick that way, I expect some yardage on the ground and if not, it's only because it's too easy to pass on them.

I agree, I think his play-calling is better than people give him credit for. And to those who say that Roders is a Super Bowl Quarterback but McCarthy is not a Super Bowl coach, do you not remember 2007? McCarthy was an ill advised pass by a certain quarterback from taking the Packers to the Super Bowl without Rodgers.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may have my head in the sand, but watching McCarthy coach the Pack through this year's injury's made me a believer. Rodgers will get to a SB and I truly believe MM will be right there beside him. Call me crazy, but until he does something as stupid as the Childress/Favre combo in the NFC Championship game, he's still my man. I still watch that 12 men in the huddle call and the subsequent interception every time I need to cheer up my day.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of the pessimism is because everyone seems to expect perfection always and that is just not how life goes. There is going to be bad calls, fumbles, picks, bad execution, penaltys, bad challenges, no challenges, and if everyone needs your football dished up perfect and can't accept anything less, then go watch soccer. No one seems to be happy with a loss unless it's by 21 points. Sheesh! Rodgers and McCarthy will get to a SB.

I don't agree with your statements above at all, except the last one.

Most Packer fans just can't stand watching some of the players making bone head mistakes. Also can't stand watching coach's making stupid mistakes or making bad decisions. We see it all the time. We have a problem winning close games too. As far as Slocum is concerned, when was the last time you watched the Packers special teams have two good games in a row??? The guy should have been fired last year. If I went to work and did a crappy job every day I would get kicked to the curb in a heartbeat and so would you. We all love the Packers here and we all have our own opinions and should respect them. I respect your opinion but I am not going to tell you to go watch the National disgruntled short haired womens checkers championships because be disagree!!!

Right now we have just as good of a chance of making it the SB as anyone else...........and it starts this weekend. Everyone is undefeated!!!!!!!

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree with your statements above at all, except the last one.

Most Packer fans just can't stand watching some of the players making bone head mistakes. Also can't stand watching coach's making stupid mistakes or making bad decisions. We see it all the time. We have a problem winning close games too. As far as Slocum is concerned, when was the last time you watched the Packers special teams have two good games in a row??? The guy should have been fired last year. If I went to work and did a crappy job every day I would get kicked to the curb in a heartbeat and so would you. We all love the Packers here and we all have our own opinions and should respect them. I respect your opinion but I am not going to tell you to go watch the National disgruntled short haired womens checkers championships because be disagree!!!

Right now we have just as good of a chance of making it the SB as anyone else...........and it starts this weekend. Everyone is undefeated!!!!!!!

LOL! Would that be the NDSHWCC. Yeah, I know what you mean, but what really annoys me is when special teams or defense screws up after a game winning drive and the world blames Rodgers. At least most Packer fans don't do that and are capable of putting the blame where it belongs. But I would still rather have them lose by a few points than get blown away on their losses. Would it be better to be a Giant or Viking on those last games? Now THAT would suck.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With MM: Well, he hasn't taken the Pack to the SB yet.
With A-Rod: Yes.

I'll feel better about the Pack if/when they become a lights out elite team such as the winning teams this year like the Falcons, Patsies, Bears etc.
Under MM this year, it's hard to see that.
I was proven wrong.
And I don't mind it at all.

I would still like to see the Packers be a lights out elite team.
But I'll just have to be satisfied as long as they get the job done.
And they did.
Welcome home Lombardi. Welcome home.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This was more for realpackerbacker aka profile_removed lol

I know he is reading this

Recall how he said Rodgers has to win the SB this year for him to be a fan?

Well, to bad he is banned eh?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So funny. On the way home, this was the first thing I thought of. The full-retards who started this thread. I won't bother going back to the beginning and calling you out, because you know who you are. All I gotta say is, can we please **** on all the criticism of Thompson, McCarthy and Rodgers now?

We won the f*cking Super Bowl. This year. We won. Please, admit your mistakes and don't be stupid and call out or leadership any more. They just proved they're smarter than you.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He emailed me

lol

I do not wish to be around a bunch of people who want a quarterback who doesn't do enough at crunch time. You saw TONIGHT that Rodgers again by all rights came up short. How you say? a TD ices the game. Aaron gets 3. I also don't wanna be around a bunch of people who DON'T love the team, and only want what Ted and Mike give us. I remember what it was like in the 80's, thinking like what goes on in that forum leads us back to the 80's, if not the 70's which I was around for but have heard about. No I'm good, with not being around. As far as 'taking lumps', I've taken lumps my whole life. I'm not afraid of it.

You've also seen that I've WILLINGLY praised the good; i.e. my post on the Packers defense. So don't give me any more B.S. I'm done with the forum and any further e-mail from you will constitute harassment.

See how he says Rodgers only got 3 points? But fails to mention how Jordy drops a pass in endzone?

Or and the harassment? LOL I sent him one email

Sp he wont get anymore from me

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, what a ********! Rodgers threw for 3 f*cking TD's! James Jones and Jordy Nelson dropped what would have been 4 and 5 TD passes by Rodgers. How is that his fault?

F*ck him and everyone who thinks like him. Go root for the Vikings. We don't need or want them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts