Do you honestly think the Packers will win the Super Bowl under Rodgers and McCarthy?

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me take your question and divide it properly:

Do I think the Packers can win, and possibly win a Superbowl under McCarthy? WITHOUT A DOUBT!

Do I think the Packers can win a Superbowl with Aaron Rodgers? After the Tampa game last year, the Miami, Washington and New England games this year...Without a doubt NOT!

Now some of the people who hated me before supermods banned me for a week earlier this year will wonder why I threw in the New England game. Well if you read carefully and pay attention I make sense.

In the New England game we were a coaching mistake and or a communication error between the coaches and the backup QB Matt Flynn from beat Bill Belichek's Patriots. Yes we lost the game by less than a TD with Flynn, but with Rodgers we'd have lost by double digits. He would've thrown a pick 6 on the final play of the game, IN THAT SITUATION.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Hello Mr. Moderator. How have you been? How has the family been?

As you have a differing opinion than I do, and since I'm all wrong I guess it's a good thing and a well-loved thing by you that the Packers lost to Washington and Miami due to Aaron's ineptitude. Me, I HATE IT! That's what makes me a Packer fan!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Do you think the tandem of McCarthy and Rodgers will produce a Super Bowl victory?"

Nope. I think Rogers would get killed if he didn't have a line in front of him.

Seriously, of course we're capable of winning a Championship with the team we have. TT has put together a good team with depth, and McCarthy has done an outstanding job in spite of the crippling number of injuries. I've been critical of the offensive line play, but even they seem to be peaking now. If we continue to control the line of scrimmage we'll have Championship no. 13.

And thank God we don't have The Texter at QB to throw the game away.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As you have a differing opinion than I do, and since I'm all wrong I guess it's a good thing and a well-loved thing by you that the Packers lost to Washington and Miami due to Aaron's ineptitude. Me, I HATE IT! That's what makes me a Packer fan!
Redskins game, we lost, if you want to peg it all on ONE play/guy, that would be Mason Crosby who's game-winning FG hooked left and hit the post.

Miami, that would be either the ref who came up with the bizarre call, or the guy he called for it, Robert Francois, who with the game tied midway thru the 4th quarter, and the Dolphins punting the ball to us from way back near their own goalline, the zebra threw the flag on Francois for being less than one yard away from the long-snapper, when replays showed he was either exactly one yard, or a tiny bit more. And he was the same place in all the other punts before that in the game.

You blame Rodgers for those 2 plays huh? You must be a Farve-lover and Rodgers-hater. I hate people like that as much as I hate Vikings and Bears fans. Worse actually. They're more like Taliban to me. Hit the road son!

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have a chance if Rodgers gets a good O-line and the team get ride of the injury bug, also a new special teams coach would be great.

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. Rodgers is one of the best QBs I've ever seen. Yeah I said. I'm not a big believer in McCarthy but we can win it with him. We have a sick team. I think having Jenkins & Raji back could be deadly in the playoffs.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not just MM and Arod. It's Capers and a whole bunch of winners. We just have to keep it together and we can go all the way.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers IMHO is a top 3 QB, so yes with him.

With MM, yes, as long as we get decent ST play and we completely revamp the OL, to the point were we can get an effective running game, specially inside the redzone and short yardage, where 2 consecutive FB dives can work...

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redskins game, we lost, if you want to peg it all on ONE play/guy, that would be Mason Crosby who's game-winning FG hooked left and hit the post.

Miami, that would be either the ref who came up with the bizarre call, or the guy he called for it, Robert Francois, who with the game tied midway thru the 4th quarter, and the Dolphins punting the ball to us from way back near their own goalline, the zebra threw the flag on Francois for being less than one yard away from the long-snapper, when replays showed he was either exactly one yard, or a tiny bit more. And he was the same place in all the other punts before that in the game.

You blame Rodgers for those 2 plays huh? You must be a Farve-lover and Rodgers-hater. I hate people like that as much as I hate Vikings and Bears fans. Worse actually. They're more like Taliban to me. Hit the road son!

What was it, a 53-yard field goal? It would have been awesome if he made it, but from that distance I think it's kind of hard to blame him.

I don't necessarily agree with packerbacker here, but he does make some valid points.

Rodgers hasn't been able to lead a game winning drive in forever. Since the first week of last season. He's been able to lead a lot of game tying drives, such as in Arizona, against Miami or at Atlanta. But in his last 3 overtime games, Rodgers has had the ball with a chance to win and hasn't come through. Now, is it all his fault? Probably not. Maybe MM's playcalling was screwy or someone dropped a pass. I don't remember.

Then again, Rodgers has led some game winning drives which the defense has blown. For example, at Pittsburgh last year. If Josh Bell steps in front of the last Roethlisberger pass and tips it out of the way we'd all be talking about how clutch Rodgers was in that game for bringing us back. Or if Crosby's field goal doesn't saild wide left at Minny in '08, or if Crosby's field goal doesn't sail wide left at Washington.

So all in all Rodgers hasn't been as bad in close games as his 2-12(I think it's 2-12) record in close games shows. But nonetheless he hasn't been good. He's been okay at best. But I still have confidence that he will become a clutch quarterback capable of leading many game-winning drives and I feel that we are lucky to have him as our quarterback.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely think they can win the SB with Aaron and M.M. because we are not just talking about them but the rest of the team! With our D playing elite, and yes, Aaron and the o-line playing elite, there is no reason at all why we should not be SB contenders. YES, with M.M.

animalmother

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd love to hear your reasoning on why Aaron Rodgers was 'inept' in those games. Go back to the cards game last year and tell me what the correct move would've been when he got sacked and threw a pick 6.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The CORRECT move, would've been take the sack and hold onto the damn ball!

Why is Rodgers inept? Simple. Quarterbacks are judged primarily in 2 areas. 1. Their win total, and 2. Based on how they do in pressure situations.

Rodgers win % is BARELY over .500 right now, NOT including the playoffs, or it would be worse.

In pressure situations, when he HAS to win games he rarely ever does

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been accused of being too anti-Favre since he forced himself off the team, but realpackerbacker's devotion to The Interceptor is simply astounding. To criticize our QB for an interception when his hero is the All Time King of Interceptions is laughable.

I will agree that until Rogers QBs us to a few Championships he will not rank up with the all time greats--the greatest being Bart Starr.

rpb's hero, btw, has 1 Championship to his resume, which relegates him to the not-so-great ranks. And his career is over, I think.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The CORRECT move, would've been take the sack and hold onto the @#!*% ball!

Why is Rodgers inept? Simple. Quarterbacks are judged primarily in 2 areas. 1. Their win total, and 2. Based on how they do in pressure situations.

I disagree. The history books measure QBs by two completely different things.

First and foremost is Super Bowl (or Championship) victories. This #1 stat is exactly why there is always a "But..." added next to Dan Marino's name.

In second rank is an intangible "leadership" combined with their overall stats and records held. This is why there IS a Dan Marino listed (before the aforementioned "But..."). However, no one stat is singled out nor is any stat more important than the intangible leadership quality (e.g. Archie Manning).

Regarding Rodgers, he has zero Championship rings. However, his combined stats over the first few years look quite impressive thus far. Also, his "leadership" qualities are still immature, but are trending positive. A few prime time game winning drives would do wonders. Then again, if he throws 400+ yards while crushing top defenses in must-win games a few more times, I'd call it a wash.

Go ahead RPB, keep your old hero. I'm putting my money on the new guy.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasn't the point. My point was winning close games. Defense is 1/3 of winning. The question was if McCarthy and Rodgers can win a SB. Well, if nothing else was involved besides offense, sure they could.

Right, and MM has a coach who handles defense and another one who handles ST's.

I believe we're very close to winning it all, and we'll continue to make some noise for years to come. MM has done a damn good job of keeping a team slaughtered by injuries competitive with the best of them. We didn't get many lucky breaks, but we're still in this thing with as good a chance to win it all as anyone else right now.

That's on MM.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
We would have possibly won it this year if not for (queue broken record)..Injuries.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been accused of being too anti-Favre since he forced himself off the team, but realpackerbacker's devotion to The Interceptor is simply astounding. To criticize our QB for an interception when his hero is the All Time King of Interceptions is laughable.

I will agree that until Rogers QBs us to a few Championships he will not rank up with the all time greats--the greatest being Bart Starr.

rpb's hero, btw, has 1 Championship to his resume, which relegates him to the not-so-great ranks. And his career is over, I think.

Whoa Mr. Blood, cart in front of the horse, Aaron needs to pull out a few come from behind victories before he can win championships. Remember folks, the loss goes on the coaches AND the QB's record. Not really on anyone else's, it's kinda like baseball that way.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
RPB

Can you provide us with any article from a legitimate expert on NFL players that Rodgers sucks as bad as you claim?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Paul Allen sure hates Aaron, though I think that's more out of bitter jealousy than anything.

I frequent the footballpros.com website all the time. It's a great place to talk football in general with several pros from the game, and one common theme I hear from fans of every other team, former coaches, and members of the media, is how great Aaron is, how we're very lucky to have him and how we're one of those rare teams who was able to go from one franchise QB to another.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone with half a brain and no bias who doesn't think Aaron is a very good QB on the verge of absolute greatness.

Members online

Latest posts