Do you all understand now?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
who cares if he should have had 4 ints the point is that he didnt and thats all that matters.

Thank you for saying that....What a stupid thing to say..."should" have had this or that.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
AR can't audible when you see 11 stacked for the run? Why are you even here Bear Poo. He also should have had a TD. Of course a Bear fan wants Favre gone. You Bear ****, I mean fans, crack me up coming over to Pack site to rub salt.

Trust me. I want Favre to stay around as long as possible. Each game more hilarious than the last.

...but I do simply just like to talk football. To rebuild, you have to move on from this "glory days" "victory tour" thing that Favre has going on right now. Yeah, he might be a capable starter still, but since the pack isnt exactly competitive, what is the point? Rogers should be getting alot more work.

And are you sure the staff allows the 2nd QB to audible in goalline situations? Alot of teams dont. With what little time Rogers has had because of Favres love fest, it doesnt surprise me that he wouldnt audible.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hay are you talking about Bearperspective?????? Favre is our one chance to even try and win games so you need to be quiet...sorry Ryan...but I am tired of people saying Favre should retire,,Favre is hilarious,,,if you dont like us Packer fans standing behind our GREAT QB then move on Mr. Bearfan...I hope Brett plays another five years and last night an announcer said just that, he has at least another three years in him..so take that...

This team has lots of young starters on it, I think in time we will be right back with the Bears fighting and probably winning like we used to against them and the Vikings...

Everything that Favre has given to this team, to us fans, to this organization...DO NOT PUT HIM DOWN....he still plays hard, has fun, and still is the GREATEST to ever play the game..

I usually dont get mad, but I am now..again sorry Ryan dont mean to be nasty....

We are Packer fans and very proud to be Packer fans...Rodgers isnt ready to go in...and not only that, let him learn as much as he can from the best..."Favre"...

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
What the hay are you talking about Bearperspective?????? Favre is our one chance to even try and win games so you need to be quiet...sorry Ryan...but I am tired of people saying Favre should retire,,Favre is hilarious,,,if you dont like us Packer fans standing behind our GREAT QB then move on Mr. Bearfan...I hope Brett plays another five years and last night an announcer said just that, he has at least another three years in him..so take that...

This team has lots of young starters on it, I think in time we will be right back with the Bears fighting and probably winning like we used to against them and the Vikings...

Everything that Favre has given to this team, to us fans, to this organization...DO NOT PUT HIM DOWN....he still plays hard, has fun, and still is the GREATEST to ever play the game..

I usually dont get mad, but I am now..again sorry Ryan dont mean to be nasty....

We are Packer fans and very proud to be Packer fans...Rodgers isnt ready to go in...and not only that, let him learn as much as he can from the best..."Favre"...

I honestly dont mean to make you mad, but I get the feeling that some of you guys love Brett more than you love the Packers as a team. Would that be accurate?
I went through Payton leaving the Bears and then dying, and I can honestly relate...but what's best for a rebuilding franchise isnt staying with aging vets who might help the team win a game or two more. Development is key at this stage, and Favre is hindering Rogers right now. That said, he may be helping Jennings. That guy looks like a stud.

dmelby

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Favre, but at some point he needs to be held to the same type of accountability that every other quarterback in the league is held to. Last year they just played him, he made mistakes, we were supposed to sit and laugh "Oh, that's just Favre the gunslinger." Then another game, and another, and another..... Favre has been able to look at an upcoming season knowing that he will be in every game until he wants out. Carroll makes 5 mistakes in a game and he's gone. Favre makes 5 mistakes in a game and we'll see him next week.

So far, Favre is about our only hope for winning this year, but let's make him squirm a little bit more.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

I honestly dont mean to make you mad, but I get the feeling that some of you guys love Brett more than you love the Packers as a team. Would that be accurate?
I went through Payton leaving the Bears and then dying, and I can honestly relate...but what's best for a rebuilding franchise isnt staying with aging vets who might help the team win a game or two more. Development is key at this stage, and Favre is hindering Rogers right now. That said, he may be helping Jennings. That guy looks like a stud.

then shut the f up & stick to the smack area, ******!!!! :twisted:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
BearPerspective said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

then shut the f up & stick to the smack area, ******!!!! :twisted:

Thanks 4packgirl for backing me...

You know Bearperson, you are probably right in one aspect and that is we all "love" Brett Favre, but we also love the Packers to...whats best for the Packers right now is "Brett", he is our only chance to win games, so what if he makes mistakes, he is only human. In all the years Brett has played, he has had one bad season, in my eyes this season so far isnt like last year for him, and if it turns out that the man has tons of interceptions, then so what, he is trying to make things happen, if not for him then who??? What has Carroll done for us but make mistakes, sure he has had a few good plays, but mostly costly penalties and cant cover noone for crap..Favre is a legend that most would want on their team, as for Carroll, Carroll WHO?? So don't even compare the two...

We may be rebuilding as a team, but what better veterins to have on a team to learn from??? Favre, Driver, Franks, Fergy etc...So don't any of you throw Favre away like some hand towel, mistakes or no mistakes the guy can still play....

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dmelby said:
I love Favre, but at some point he needs to be held to the same type of accountability that every other quarterback in the league is held to. Last year they just played him, he made mistakes, we were supposed to sit and laugh "Oh, that's just Favre the gunslinger." Then another game, and another, and another..... Favre has been able to look at an upcoming season knowing that he will be in every game until he wants out. Carroll makes 5 mistakes in a game and he's gone. Favre makes 5 mistakes in a game and we'll see him next week.

So far, Favre is about our only hope for winning this year, but let's make him squirm a little bit more.

Well when Carroll allows something like 21 pts. Favre made 5 mistakes that were anywhere near as costly as Carrolls mistakes?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
dmelby said:

Well when Carroll allows something like 21 pts. Favre made 5 mistakes that were anywhere near as costly as Carrolls mistakes?

How the hell did Carroll allow 21 points?

dmelby

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Cory said:
dmelby said:

How the hell did Carroll allow 21 points?

Your missing the point of the argument Maybe I should rephrase my statement above "If Carroll (or any other player for that matter) makes 5 costly mistakes in a game, he (they) are or could be gone. If Favre makes 5 costly mistakes in a game, he's back next week." Remember last year's game against the Bengals - how many INT's did he throw? Yet all I heard was - "That's just Favre trying to make something happen." "Oh, he's just a gunslinger playing the game and having fun." Favre can do whatever he wants out there and he's back the next week. Someone needs to hold him accountable for his mistakes the same way that any other player is. I think he'd be a better player for the Packers if he knew that he could be sitting on the next possession, the rest of the game or the rest of the season. Just because he's Brett Favre doesn't make him immune to all of that...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

Please....a bear fan wanting Favre to step aside....imagine that. Please don't ever mention that bum Payton in the same breath as Brett Favre. Christ ...Fridge has more super bowl touchdowns than Payton :lol:

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to let you know..a LOT of people were asking for Matt Hasselback to be replaced in Seattle during Ted Thompson's regime there.

People were saying the project backup QB's they had were the "Future" as some people think Ingle Martin is over Aaron Rodgers.(which is laughable).

Aaron needs time like Matt, and we'll haev a pro bowl QB once again in Green Bay

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morency was in the flat on that pick on which brett missed Martin by 5-10 yards. It was a 24-9 game at that point and I've seen the Eagles blow up in the 2nd half before, we were moving the ball and another 5-7 yard completion would've ket the Eagles off balance. That pissed me off

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
Just to let you know..a LOT of people were asking for Matt Hasselback to be replaced in Seattle during Ted Thompson's regime there.

People were saying the project backup QB's they had were the "Future" as some people think Ingle Martin is over Aaron Rodgers.(which is laughable).

Aaron needs time like Matt, and we'll haev a pro bowl QB once again in Green Bay

I hope your right. Rodgers looked much better this pre season and got a lot of praise during training camp. In time the AC QB era will begin. Favre can't play forever. I just hope most fans can accept Aaron Rodgers as their new QB when Favre does indeed retire.

Until he does retire or go to another team though he'll be the Packer QB because he gives them the best chance to win now.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most peole will be backing Aaron but he sure is in a tough position as people will always compare him and how he lives up. The guys who followed Marino and Aikman had a rough go but hopefully Aaron can handle it. In that case I think it will help that Aaron will be more mature instead of being a rookie thrown in to follow the legend.
As far as Brett being allowed to make mistakes others can't get away with that kinda comes with being a hall of famer. You don't think after all Reggie White did he wouldn't be allowed to make a mistake that would get a rookie cut. It's the price you pay for having to prove yourself and AC was givin plenty time to prove himself but didn't

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts