Do we have a Chance this weekend?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What with 2 straight defeats to inferior teams, Rossley's play calling, Sherman's bad coaching, No Walker, pourous Oline, swiss Cheese defense, the turnovers, penalties, inferior psyche, NO cheerleaders, too expensive brats and luke warm beer, do we even have a chance to beat the Mighty Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

Too much negativity for the Packers... Did we forget last year when we started 1-4, then rallied to win the division?

May be that is what this team is about... get the bugs out early and then....

Go Packers!

OK 14-2 and the superbowl.

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL!

Actually I am expecting a big win this weekend as the first 2 weeks frustration gets dumped on TB.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
LOL!

Actually I am expecting a big win this weekend as the first 2 weeks frustration gets dumped on TB.

This is one of those games you'd "think" we'd surprise everyone and win. Lots of pent up frustration and 2-0 Bucs overlooking us.

We can win any game if we control the clock and don't turn the ball over.
Griese will make mistakes, but we have to get pressure.

I'm still not confident. :)

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what to expect. The season is pretty much on the line this weekend. So I'm hoping that gives the Packers a sense of urgency and that they will come out with their best effort. But will that be enough to beat Tampa? Tampa's RB is nicked up a bit. Williams pulled a muscle near his left arch, and I thought I read he had a cast on his hand too. That could play a part in the outcome.

My biggest worry is can we protect Favre? We haven't had a lot of success against the Tampa defense in recent years, and now we have new guards.

If the Packers can stop committing so many penalties I think they can win, but will they stop making all of those penalties is the question I can't answer.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the big week. It is win or bust. If the Packers lose 0-3, will hit the team hard and they may not recover. The mid-season schedule is tough and if they do not right their ship now a winning record will not happen.

Pack14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, it's a huge game for the Pack. It's a game they can win. It would be nice for the offense to click for 4 qtrs. Limit penalties and the defense get a turnover or two. I might be asking too much of this team, at least from the past two weeks.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without dramatic improvements it could be the Packers are in for a long fall.

Without the defense obtaining turnovers, and the offense maintaining drives and scoring, the losses will continue.

Sure wish we had more #1 draft picks contributing. Only Bubba Franks(2000) and Nick Barnett(2003) are starting. Carroll(2004) is active on game days.

How long until the turn around is unknown. Without a turnaround the Packers may only win against Baltimore and possibly a rematch with the Lions for 2-14.

Inexperienced players can gain experience. Undisciplined players can gain some discipline. Stupid players never get smarter and slow players don't get faster.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack14 said:
I agree, it's a huge game for the Pack. It's a game they can win. It would be nice for the offense to click for 4 qtrs. Limit penalties and the defense get a turnover or two. I might be asking too much of this team, at least from the past two weeks.
Yeah, and we all expected them to beat Cleveland too.

Speaking of 4 qtrs - that's what I see as the key. Twice this season they didn't try to kick some *** until halfway through the 4th quarter. I'd like to see them do it from the 1st quarter on - ALL DAY LONG.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not overly concerned about their(Bucs) defense. They have a good defense and we won't score much. I'm concerned they will have a little more offense than the Packers defense.

With or without Warren Sapp, Monte Kiffin(former Packers assistant) takes great delight in stuffing Green Bay...and like Lovie Smith...knows how to stop the Packers offense.

17-14 final score...Green Bay by three at home.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
This is the big week. It is win or bust. If the Packers lose 0-3, will hit the team hard and they may not recover. The mid-season schedule is tough and if they do not right their ship now a winning record will not happen.

Dont blast me for this, but that is the reality we are going to have to face one time or another. It happens. We have to accept it if it happens. We had a good run.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:

0-3 going into carolina

first series we have on offense, run the ball, ahman and najeh, i wanna see ahman get 20 carries, najeh 10, we've gotta dictate the pace...keep our defense off the field, keep thiers on, wear them down

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
I'm not overly concerned about their(Bucs) defense. They have a good defense and we won't score much. I'm concerned they will have a little more offense than the Packers defense.

With or without Warren Sapp, Monte Kiffin(former Packers assistant) takes great delight in stuffing Green Bay...and like Lovie Smith...knows how to stop the Packers offense.

17-14 final score...Green Bay by three at home.
Hovan appears to be playing better, so Kiffin might have worked out a few of the bugs the Viking coaches put in him. It would be great to see Hovan get a sack or two on Farve.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way, vike fan. I don't want to see Hovan get a sack on Favre. I never did like the guy much (Hovan that is). I think he is an arrogant you know what.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
CalifPacker said:

Dont blast me for this, but that is the reality we are going to have to face one time or another. It happens. We have to accept it if it happens. We had a good run.
Holy s**t! A moment of clarity! :shock:

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
CalifPacker said:

That's true. I've lived through losing seasons before. But what would make a losing season this year hard for me is seeing Favre have to go through a losing season. I expected to struggle a couple of years after Favre retired while rebuilding, and that would be expected and wouldn't bother me. But I'd hate to see Favre have to go through a hard losing season this year. I didn't expect him to go out on a Super Bowl winner, but I'd hate to see him go out on a losing team. That's why I hope they can turn it around more for his sake than for us fans.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Obi1 said:
LOL!

This is one of those games you'd "think" we'd surprise everyone and win. Lots of pent up frustration and 2-0 Bucs overlooking us.

We can win any game if we control the clock and don't turn the ball over.
Griese will make mistakes, but we have to get pressure.

I'm still not confident. :)

According to reports around the web - the Bucs are actually the highest penalized Team in the League right now. Which could bode well for the Packers and help us out. It'd be nice to see the Bucs self-destruct @ Lambeau.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
PackerChick said:
CalifPacker said:

Holy s**t! A moment of clarity! :shock:

surprised Phil? Shocked is more like it.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
PackerChick said:
CalifPacker said:

That's true. I've lived through losing seasons before. But what would make a losing season this year hard for me is seeing Favre have to go through a losing season. I expected to struggle a couple of years after Favre retired while rebuilding, and that would be expected and wouldn't bother me. But I'd hate to see Favre have to go through a hard losing season this year. I didn't expect him to go out on a Super Bowl winner, but I'd hate to see him go out on a losing team. That's why I hope they can turn it around more for his sake than for us fans.

I feel the same way.

Bucs3-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to reports around the web - the Bucs are actually the highest penalized Team in the League right now. Which could bode well for the Packers and help us out. It'd be nice to see the Bucs self-destruct @ Lambeau.[/quote]

It won't matter and who will we be overlooking the Lions? Only way the Pack win is if Griese has one of those days and the Bucs could still win just on defense alone. WARNING D. Brooks is mad as hell that he has never won a game up there and is using it to motivate himself and the rest of the team this week. I am afraid that you guys are in for a long Sunday.

Bucs 24
GB 7

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Dilfer can come in and win, it's not that hard. I wouldn't think it's some feat for Brooks to come in and do it.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
If Dilfer can come in and win, it's not that hard. I wouldn't think it's some feat for Brooks to come in and do it.

Here, here - Ditto on that comment - it's no longer like it used to be at Lambeau with the mystique running rampant thru the NFL... So, even if Tampa does win this game.. it's not all that.... Maybe Brett can pull off getting some 1st downs by throwing at your CB's and for a change the Packers get the profitable call...

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:

I really can't believe what I am reading here...

Let me tell you a little story about what I witnessed last season. On 10 October 2004, I met a friend at work to make the 12 hour drive from Toronto, Ontario to Green Bay, Wisconsin to watch what we both figured would be the royal trouncing of Tennesse at the hands of Favre and Co. Staring at a 1-3 start to the season, we figured Tennessee would be an easy target for the Pack to take their aggressions out on and hopefully light a fire in them that would turn the season around. As we left, a smart-assed Bears fan remarked "you realize that if GB loses this one, their season is done". We sneered at him and the thought of the Pack losing to the pathetic Titans. They were playing at Lambeau after all and Tennessee sucked!

Fast forward 41 hours and 1200 kms later. The Pack had just been beaten like a red-headed stepchild. My first time ever at Lambeau, and I had just witnessed the Pack swallow a 48-27 loss. Lambeau was over half-empty when the game finally ended, and the words of that Chicago fan ran through my head: "their season is done". I slowly walked out of Lambeau thinking the remainder of the season was going to drag on like a terminal illness.

Next Sunday, the Pack travelled to Ford Field to take on their division rivals the Detroit Lions. Like magic, the mistakes of the week before were gone. Green Bay won 38-10 and continued winning, losing only twice more in regular season to Philly and Jacksonville.

Now, maybe Cleveland is one of the worst teams in the league, but the Titans are not much better. We turned it around last season, and I do not believe for a second that the season is finished heading into week 3. This team has made a LOT of misakes, but many of them are the team's own fault. Detroit did not beat Green Bay in week one, the Pack LOST to Detroit. 14 penalties for 100 yards, a lacklustre offensive display and conservative defensive strategy added up to a miserable season opener. These are all mistakes that can easily be corrected and turn this team, and this season, completely around 180 degrees. The NFC North has no clear champion quite yet. Chicago, while sporting a good defense is still not an offensive juggernaught. Detroit could implode at any time under Harrington, and the Queens are doing no better than us (which IMO is one thing we can all still smile about). :lol:

We have a lot of talent yet on our team, as well as a lot of youth. Our defense while not top 10 material, is VASTLY improved over last season and we still have one of the most explosive quarterbacks in the league at the helm of our offense. The rookies are still going to make mistakes and Sherman is going to make bad calls, just like every other coach in the league. But none of this adds up to a losing season quite yet. Just remember what you all thought when we were 1-4 last season and heading into Detroit.

Keep the faith. This team could very well surprise you yet.

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
CalifPacker said:

Hey PackerChick, I hear ya. Lets hope Green Bay breaks out this week and gets on the winning track.

Members online

Latest posts