Do the Seahawks "have it" this year?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the write up from USA Today - from all games, that is....
I just wanted to quote this one commentary - about Mike Holmgren's Team.

New York Giants (7-3) at Seattle Seahawks (8-2)

Sunday, 4:15 p.m. ET, Fox

Surface: FieldTurf. Sheridan's line: Seahawks by 4½.

Keys to the game: The Seahawks aren't known for their great pass rushers, but Seattle's 34 sacks have to be a concern for the Giants, who enter the game with the status of LT Luke Petitgout and C Shaun O'Hara in question. New York will no doubt lean on RB Tiki Barber early in a tough road environment.

But, it won't take QB Eli Manning long to test the Seahawks secondary.

Seattle has played bend-but-don't-break defense the last two games, and nickel CB Kelly Herndon quickly has become a liability in coverage.

RB Shaun Alexander will be the focus of the Giants defense, although Seattle does have one of the league's most balanced attacks. LT Walter Jones should have a good battle with New York DE Osi Umenyiora, and the Seahawks probably will have to provide blocking help for second-year RT Sean Locklear against Giants DE Michael Strahan.

Fast facts:

Giants: Lead the series 7-3. ... With his first punt, Jeff Feagles will break former Vikings DE Jim Marshall's NFL record with his 283rd consecutive appearance.

Seahawks: Alexander's 19 TDs are the most in league history through 10 games. ... Will clinch the NFC West title with a victory and a St. Louis loss at Houston. ... QB Matt Hasselbeck was recruited by Giants coach Tom Coughlin to play at Boston College. ... Seattle's six-game winning streak is the team's longest since 1984.

TV announcers: **** Stockton, Daryl Johnston, Tony Siragusa.

Injuries:

Giants: Out: DT William Joseph (elbow), CB William Peterson (back). Doubtful: LB Reggie Torbor (hernia), S Shaun Williams (hamstring). Questionable: CB Curtis Deloatch (illness), C Shaun O'Hara (ankle), T Luke Petitgout (knee), TE Jeremy Shockey (chest).

Seahawks: Out: S John Howell (hamstring), WR Darrell Jackson (knee), LB Jamie Sharper (knee). Questionable: DT Marcus Tubbs (calf). Probable: DE Bryce Fisher (knee), LB D.D. Lewis (knee).

=========================================

Off the bat, here -- I say the game is won in the trenches and that Strahan will get to Hasselbeck, several times. I also say Eli has a big outing against the 'hawks this time around; especially considering how in-effective their corners are at Seattle.

Seattle may win their Division this year - but watching film, proves Mikey doesn't have a SuperBowl team - not when you break it down.

His Defense is missing at least two top notch players before he makes it, over the hill, to that final game....

If Seattle wins this one - it'll be in a squeaker, or by turnovers....

I just don't see Mikey winning this one - I could be wrong, but right now, my gut has the Giants on top!

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can ya believe Feely missing BOTH FG attempts - were the bookies holding his family hostage? What - a - Crock..... The Giants "had" that game... end of story.. I thought I was watching Marty Ball from the Chargers/Jets playoff game, last year... geeeeeeesh!

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
LoL it was a mock of someone else on this board, won't name any names :p

Very PC. ;)

IPBprez said:
Can ya believe Feely missing BOTH FG attempts

Reminds me of Kaeding from SD who was nearly perfect the whole year until the game against the Jets last year in the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts