Division Title Still Within Reach

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because the Lions remembered they're the Lions, we are still only a game back in the division. With a game remaining against the Lions and Bears each, we still control our destiny. Obviously, the more games Rodgers is out, the more this becomes unlikely. But, the Lions and Bears are susceptible to more bad losses in the future. So, all is not loss yet if Rodgers can return sooner rather than later.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because the Lions remembered they're the Lions, we are still only a game back in the division. With a game remaining against the Lions and Bears each, we still control our destiny. Obviously, the more games Rodgers is out, the more this becomes unlikely. But, the Lions and Bears are susceptible to more bad losses in the future. So, all is not loss yet if Rodgers can return sooner rather than later.

both winnable games ONLY i f Rodgers plays...we can't even guarantee a win against the Vikings next week so....

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
both winnable games ONLY i f Rodgers plays...we can't even guarantee a win against the Vikings next week so....
I'm going to have to disagree....I think those Vikes can lose this upcoming game, all by themselves! ;)
But here's to a win anyways!

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think it's only if Rodgers shows up. The bigger issue is on the defensive side of the ball to me. That unit is playing without a spark or fire, and refused to step up to lead the team following Rodgers' injury. It's very disappointing. If the defense plays better and with more fire, we can absolutely beat the Vikes this week with Tolzein.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's only if Rodgers shows up. The bigger issue is on the defensive side of the ball to me. That unit is playing without a spark or fire, and refused to step up to lead the team following Rodgers' injury. It's very disappointing. If the defense plays better and with more fire, we can absolutely beat the Vikes this week with Tolzein.

My point exactly...The defense needs to play with a lead...that's what covers up their deficiencies. The offense as it is at this moment isn't going to score a bunch of points. This defense needs to play with a lead...a big lead.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to have to disagree....I think those Vikes can lose this upcoming game, all by themselves! ;)
But here's to a win anyways!

I like that you are confident haha...i learned not to expect anything from a Rodgerless Packer team..that way i don't get my feeling's hurt when they lose.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know they still have a chance for the Division title and that would be an accomplishment given how the year has gone. But realistically even if we win the division I don't see this Packers team going far. We are depleted by injuries, the right side of our OL is a disaster, our secondary doesn't know how to cover or tackle, Capers has lost his 2010 luster and frankly we don't play with enough grit and determination. We just aren't good enough right now.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions remaining games: Bucs, Packers, @Eagles, Ravens, Giants, @Vikings
So basically just 2 road games, 4 home games.

Da Bears: @Rams, @ Vikings, Cowboys, @Browns, @Eagles, Packers

Y'all know our schedule.
Remember, we didn't even win our division in 2010, barely squeeked into the playoffs with less-than-our best, as we had like 19 guys on IR including many starters.
I think we are a horrible team without Rodgers, but with him, we can beat anyone IF the defense somehow steps up.
But I think this defense would allow 60 or 70 points at New Orleans if we had to play them.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions remaining games: Bucs, Packers, @Eagles, Ravens, Giants, @Vikings
So basically just 2 road games, 4 home games.

Da Bears: @Rams, @ Vikings, Cowboys, @Browns, @Eagles, Packers

Y'all know our schedule.
Remember, we didn't even win our division in 2010, barely squeeked into the playoffs with less-than-our best, as we had like 19 guys on IR including many starters.
I think we are a horrible team without Rodgers, but with him, we can beat anyone IF the defense somehow steps up.
But I think this defense would allow 60 or 70 points at New Orleans if we had to play them.
THIS. With Rodgers i don't believe there's a team out there that can beat us. Period. We beat the vikes next week and rodgers comes back for the lions game and we control our destiny. It's more than just his numbers. Him being out has more to do with our d being bad than most think. Rodgers doesn't throw multiple picks thus putting less pressure on the d. With Rodgers we control the clock and TOP much better. With Rodgers you take 2 or 3 possessions away from the opposing team that they might be getting now. Rodgers doesnt throw that pick 6. Everything goes hand in hand in some way or another

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To start with, I hope I am wrong.....but I don't think Rodgers comes back until the Dallas game, and at that point, it will probably be too late. I know he wants to come back sooner, but we have a ton of money invested in him, and no doctor would probably allow him to come back sooner.

RustyShackleford

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We beat the vikes next week and rodgers comes back for the lions game and we control our destiny.

Agree with this as a baseline playoff scenario. If they lose to the Vikings and/or Rodgers isn't back by Thanksgiving then I think it's probably over at that point. I just don't see any way the Pack wins on Thanksgiving without him.

The short week between those games makes for an interesting scenario. If Rodgers isn't ready by Sunday then it's doubtful that he'll be fully healed by Thursday, but may be healed enough to play if really needed. If the Packers lose on Sunday is the team more likely to hold Rodgers out of the Lions game?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with this theory and with Rodgers being the condition for it to work. Without him I question it. The Vikings and Bears have been known to choke late in the season, so do the Lions. Throw us into the mix and this division is up for grabs.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weeds,
I agree with this theory and with Rodgers being the condition for it to work. Without him I question it. The Vikings and Bears have been known to choke late in the season, so do the Lions. Throw us into the mix and this division is up for grabs.
Oh Kitten you have such a way with words. ;)

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The matchup against the Vikings is the only game left on our schedule that is winnable without Rodgers, so Lacy needs to step up as does our defense. Rodgers, in my opinion, has a 50/50 chance of returning against the Lions, and honestly without him in that game I might not even bother watching because it's going to be putrid.

And before anyone posts something about "Well Rodgers is just one guy, the whole team needs to step up" I'd like to point out that an elite QB pretty much defines the structure of the team during game time. First of all, Rodgers is your leader which gives the whole team a morale boost, and without your leader that morale boost falls considerably.

Secondly, Rodgers can sustain drives better than anyone, which means a less tired defense and a much more opportunistic defense. When you have a backup who throws multiple picks per game and cannot consistently drive down field, the defense becomes worse because of it. So yes, one man does make a difference.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need the same type of leadership on defense that Rodgers provides on offense. Matthews is a great player but I don't know if he is a leader at this point. I don't think any player on defense has assumed the leadership role since Woodson left? Am I wrong???

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need the same type of leadership on defense that Rodgers provides on offense. Matthews is a great player but I don't know if he is a leader at this point. I don't think any player on defense has assumed the leadership role since Woodson left? Am I wrong???

I would say that is accurate. The one thing I miss the most about Woodson is his leadership on defense. I think that is a void that in time will be filled but by who. I think Clay does assume it to some extent but not nearly the way Woodson was the heart and soul of our defense. It could take some time for someone to fulfill that role as its predecessor left some pretty big shoes to fill. It's hard to replace a guy like Woodson, who had such presense.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

nope..when Charles was here the db's had swagger..you can tell by the way they played and challenged each other to make plays. We are near the bottom of the league in forced takeaways?? i think we have like 2 in'ts on the year? those are terrible defensive numbers...people talked about Woodson being slower and not the same player he was but he has 3 forced fumbles, an int , and a touchdown return. Those are better numbers than anybody in our secondary and it's not even close. We need playmakers on this defense and TT let one get away in Woodson..i can guarantee you that if he was still here we would have more takeaways, and a leader and voice for the defense. Now people are starting to see how important he was..hurt or not. Keep overpaid bums on the roster but release a future hall of famer who can still contribute and make plays?? It's no accident the takeaways are down and so is the leadership. Raiders are 18th in takeaways and the Packers are 28th.

Last edited:

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score

One problem here, without Rodgers we're the '91 Packers. A one-dimensional Offense with a bad Defense!

Members online

Latest posts