Diva #4 Retirement Night?

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After no congratulatory text to definitely Rogers and now it sounds like MM, how far off is this night? Not that I really care but makes for some interesting conversation. Years away IMO, and I mean after Rogers retires, I am probably being a little over the top but who really cares about this guy who has any influence in the organization? Murphy? These nights are usually during a prime time game, in my mind bringing Favre back anytime soon really spits in the face of Rogers and TT for sure and to a degree MM. I am sure all would handle it with class, as they all did before unlike the Diva #4 but who is going to push it to happen, no way Rogers or TT, I have always wondered where MM was at exactly in that whole mess? He always seemed to be a guy who just wanted to develop a QB whether it was Favre or Rogers. Not sure he really cared how it went, could be wrong just guessing from afar. I would also note MM does not get enough credit for revitalizing Favre's career and getting him to play disciplined football again.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Why make such a big deal over it?

Don't remember Montana ever congratulating Steve Young and George Siefart for winning it in '94 while he his career was ending in KC.

Let him retire, FINALLY, lets hope to God he is done by now. he should have been done after 2007, which is when his Legacy truly was over.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to me, Being a Packers fan means not making fun of a player who brought the team a great deal of success and highlights to remember for years. What ever Favre decides to do is his business. No point in knocking him .

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeez, another #4 post. It's like my girlfriend always talking about my ex-wife, lets just go a day without bringing the persons name up.:no2:

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys sorry but

Spelling Mistakes and Typos:

If anyone here every has an issue with how someone types, spells, please do not point out the mistakes in the forum. Send that person a pm please. Your going to open up a whole mess that no one wants to deal with. Be respectful of the person and not embarrass them in front of their fellow Packer and NFL fans. That is all.

THATS A FORUM RULE! Please re read it

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Im sure they will retire it... but if we keep winning SBs #4 is going to have to wait... it would be nice to see the Packers and Brett make up... But lets celebrate this SB year all the way up until next season...

OP
OP
M

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to me, Being a Packers fan means not making fun of a player who brought the team a great deal of success and highlights to remember for years. What ever Favre decides to do is his business. No point in knocking him .

Think I can knock him for showing no class again to an organization that he put through the proverbial ringer and even more so Rodgers(wow no typo this time) and still be a fan of the team. Believe me this is the guy along with Reggie White coming to the Pack, along with marrying into a Packer family that converted this Philly Fan into a Packer Backer in the early to mid 90's:) I said this before he is a bit of a man without a country because of his behavior, he will of course have his number retired and the ceremony and all but he is not making it any easier on himself or the Packers by him choosing to ignore the success of the organization he was with for so long.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
missing hoagie said "I am sure all would handle it with class,..."

He's right. The Packers will not embarrass the diva by having 70,000 fans booing a retirement ceremony. It will be many years before it is seriously discussed.

I think lombardi chick said that the owners should be polled on the idea of his number retirement. EXCELLENT idea. I'd be willing to agree to a decision by all of us.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I think, frankly, everyone should just be happy that for once Brett isn't turning something into a thing that's all about him. But that's just me :)

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometime after he's inducted into the Football HOF and not before, particularly if Rodgers and MM do what he couldn't, Win Multiple Super Bowls. Don't expect anything for another 5 years and I won't hold my breath that he's fully retired till the end of NEXT season.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade Flynn, draft a new QB. Assign the new QB #4 and never bring the issue up. We have no need for #4, there is no benifit for a $25M marketing deal - or $100 marketing deal for that matter. Too many fans would shun any product associated with him. Now that AR is the new face of the franchise, we can move on and enjoy the new glory days and the new stars AR, Claymaker, the Raj, etc.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade Flynn, draft a new QB. Assign the new QB #4 and never bring the issue up. We have no need for #4, there is no benifit for a $25M marketing deal - or $100 marketing deal for that matter. Too many fans would shun any product associated with him. Now that AR is the new face of the franchise, we can move on and enjoy the new glory days and the new stars AR, Claymaker, the Raj, etc.

#4 will never be reissued, no matter what the feelings between the team and Favre, he is part of the franchise and will have his number retired and he'll be in the HOF as a Packer.

Yes Rodgers IS the face of the franchise now, but Favre was for 16 years, you can't ignore that even with his stupid BS.
5-6 years from now and most will forgive and move one, particularly if Rodgers brings 1-2 more Trophy's home.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
I think, frankly, everyone should just be happy that for once Brett isn't turning something into a thing that's all about him. But that's just me :)

So now it's all about you?

:tease:

There need to be some time, to allow things to cool down, but more importantly, to allow the team, city and fans to celebrate the current Super Bowl win.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember, this all hinges on the fact that he is actually retiring. I'm starting to believe it now, but we've been played out one too many times. I'll believe it when I see it. Or more likely I'll believe it when I don't see it. If he's not playing for some God forsaken team that is stupid enough to sign him, maybe I'll believe it then.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember, this all hinges on the fact that he is actually retiring. I'm starting to believe it now, but we've been played out one too many times. I'll believe it when I see it. Or more likely I'll believe it when I don't see it. If he's not playing for some God forsaken team that is stupid enough to sign him, maybe I'll believe it then.

totally agree...and why I said I don't believe it till the END of next year.....

maybe 3 years from now:drag:

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
So now it's all about you?

:tease:

There need to be some time, to allow things to cool down, but more importantly, to allow the team, city and fans to celebrate the current Super Bowl win.

Agreed. I was just providing the perspective of fans outside GB - a lot of fans around the league are, to put it bluntly, tired of the seemingly never-ending Favre drama every offseason from what I've seen, and just want it to end. I don't think people care how it ends, just let it end :)

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
Agreed. I was just providing the perspective of fans outside GB - a lot of fans around the league are, to put it bluntly, tired of the seemingly never-ending Favre drama every offseason from what I've seen, and just want it to end. I don't think people care how it ends, just let it end :)

But, but, but, what will we do without the constant updates telling us he hasn't yet made up his mind? I crave that kind of information. Nothing is better to me than people telling us they have nothing to tell us!

Please, Brett, don't let go. There's a whole country just waiting to be annoyed by you! This radio silence is killing me!

Hopefully he'll send me a text, err, hopefully not...

Ain't the offseason great?

Members online

Latest posts