disappointed ..

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im kinda disappointed in the efforts that TT has made through out the offseason i mean. woodson is good but why not go for ty law if u were going to use so much money. some one who has prooven can get turn overs.

its disappointing wen we have so much cap space and all we get is a DT and a cb and a ss

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
steveGB said:
im kinda disappointed in the efforts that TT has made through out the offseason i mean. woodson is good but why not go for ty law if u were going to use so much money. some one who has prooven can get turn overs.

its disappointing wen we have so much cap space and all we get is a DT and a cb and a ss

I have often wondered myself why not Ty Law. I really have no idea, maybe TT thought Ty Law would be too hard to deal with fiancially. Remember Ty didn't sign until well after TC had started. Woodson was a nice pickup, IMO, because of his athletic ability and experience in the NFL. I was pretty happy about the signing and still am...

OP
OP
S

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i still would of prefered ty. and im upset that falcons have managed to get lelie and maybe grady jackson along with gandy, crocker, miloy and abraham in the offseason and all we can get is pickett, charles and manual

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
steveGB said:
i still would of prefered ty. and im upset that falcons have managed to get lelie and maybe grady jackson along with gandy, crocker, miloy and abraham in the offseason and all we can get is pickett, charles and manual

Well you can't write off the draft as well. We have at the very least a solid contributor in Hawk whom will grow as a player along with a potential future mike backer in Hodge. That along with the pleasant surprise of Culver.

I'm kind of glad we let Grady go as long as we replaced him(Ryan Pickett) because he was getting older, demanding more money, has bad knees and is easily 30 lbs overweight. Gandy and milloy are also very old players. I understand what you are saying, but I don't think getting FA's in numbers is always the way to go.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's very possible. I'm not an expert at grading CBs. I just agree that Ty Law has a pension for INT's and hopefully Woodson will either get quite a few or else not get thrown at very often.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ty Law doesn't make quarterbacks throw away from him and the high amount of interceptions he had last year show that. I doubt many, if any, of his interceptions from last year had an impact on the game because his team was losing by so much. If he was truly an elite cornerback he would have shut down his side of the field. It seems to me that he failed to do that so quarterbacks threw his way and usually did good off his side but they would mess up and throw an interception, but more often they would get good gains. I would rather have a shutdown CB with only a couple interceptions than a cornerback that gets a ton of interceptions but is burned on a regular basis.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Ty Law doesn't make quarterbacks throw away from him and the high amount of interceptions he had last year show that. I doubt many, if any, of his interceptions from last year had an impact on the game because his team was losing by so much. If he was truly an elite cornerback he would have shut down his side of the field. It seems to me that he failed to do that so quarterbacks threw his way and usually did good off his side but they would mess up and throw an interception, but more often they would get good gains. I would rather have a shutdown CB with only a couple interceptions than a cornerback that gets a ton of interceptions but is burned on a regular basis.

You may absolutely be correct. I can't account for all of the ints he had at what point during the game. I don't know if Law was burned on a consistant basis, either. All in all I think we can all agree we are excited about Woodson being a Packer.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
That's very possible. I'm not an expert at grading CBs. I just agree that Ty Law has a pension for INT's and hopefully Woodson will either get quite a few or else not get thrown at very often.

You know, it is great to get an interception once in a while. I am all for it. But if the defense PLAYS defense and gets a few 3 and outs instead of constantly letting the opposition get 10 play, 6-8 min drives down field, I would be thrilled with that as well.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
You know, it is great to get an interception once in a while. I am all for it. But if the defense PLAYS defense and gets a few 3 and outs instead of constantly letting the opposition get 10 play, 6-8 min drives down field, I would be thrilled with that as well.

Man do I second that! I'd be drinking less during the game as well.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson if he stays healthy will be a better Corner this year than Ty Law. Law last year had a very fluke year. A lot of those picks were gifts. If both are healthy at this point in their careers, I'll take Charles Woodson because he'll give you a couple good years where as Law is way past his prime and would probably only be here for a year and that's it.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We actually got 5 of the top 50 free agents available this year, at least according to scout.com (Woodson, Green, Kampman, Picket and Manuel), so I'd hardly say TT wasn't active this offseason.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Woodson was the better pickup, and will do better than Law. In the first 2 preseason games, I haven't heard his name once. That's because nothing is being thrown to the WR he's covering. That means he's doing an excellent job.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, he got burned early in the Atlanta game. his man run underneath the coverage and Woodson was 2-3 steps behind. someone else made the play but not after a 15 yard gain.

I still am tickled to death that he is here. It is going to pay off......plus, you can never have enough wolverines in badgerland!!

Go Blue!

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
Woodson was a nice pickup, IMO, because of his athletic ability and experience in the NFL. I was pretty happy about the signing and still am...

So far in pre-season teams have been showing respect for Woodson and have been throwing away from him.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
We actually got 5 of the top 50 free agents available this year, at least according to scout.com (Woodson, Green, Kampman, Picket and Manuel), so I'd hardly say TT wasn't active this offseason.

Yep funny how everyone ignores the re-signing of Kampman. He'd probably be in purple if we would of let him walk.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
TOPackerFan said:

Yep funny how everyone ignores the re-signing of Kampman. He'd probably be in purple if we would of let him walk.

Nah man. GB players go to the Vikings to boost their salaries. Either the Packers spend to keep them or they let the Vikings splurg!!!

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:
TOPackerFan said:

Nah man. GB players go to the Vikings to boost their salaries. Either the Packers spend to keep them or they let the Vikings splurg!!!

And we all know how paying for plenty of free agents has helped the Queens win all those Championships!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BoydAvery said:
Cory said:
Woodson was a nice pickup, IMO, because of his athletic ability and experience in the NFL. I was pretty happy about the signing and still am...

So far in pre-season teams have been showing respect for Woodson and have been throwing away from him.

I agree. They seem to be throwing more towards Harris. I know Harris is excited about this oppurtunity. Hopefully he lives up to the challenge. Woodson is excellent and Harris isn't all that far behind.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
wpr said:

Man do I second that! I'd be drinking less during the game as well.

I don't know if I'd go that far.... :packbeer:

Members online

Latest posts