Did the Vikes do Bobby Wade dirty?

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
In the wake of the Vikings' abrupt decision to cut receiver Bobby Wade only three days before Week One of the regular season, a league source opines that Minnesota pulled a dirty move on the veteran receiver."It's cardinal sin in...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did they really need him in the lineup anyhow?

Was there some behavioral issues there?

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did they really need him in the lineup anyhow?

Was there some behavioral issues there?

He was one of their most reliable receivers since he signed, not exactly an accomplishment, but his role was being taken by Harvin.

Yeah, I think there was some issues with his personality. He was well liked in the locker room but said some stupid things to the media (namely saying on the radio that he was talking to Urlacher and Urlacher called Cutler a ***** :jester:). Plus even with his pay cut for this year he was still going to make $1.5 million and not get many reps.

Overall the move is pretty negligible when they brought in the crappy Greg Lewis to take his roster spot.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, it's just me or it looks like the players don't thrust Childress anymore? I mean, first picking Brett Favre at the airport, like his choffer, and letting him decide when and where he would join, after saying they were over with him. And now, they tell Wade to take a pay cut, so he would stay on the team, he does and gets cut anyway? That lockerroom is gonna crumble, I'll tell you that. First bad result, and the whole thing goes down.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Wade will be signed by someone either Monday or Tuesday, not before then. Why, because that way his new team will not have to guarantee his salary for the year. The same reason why he was cut before the first game. Lewis can actually play all WR's positions as well as return punts. Wade was only a slot receiver and his punt returning sucked. Lewis brings more to the table, that is why he was signed.

Members online

Latest posts