Did the monkey jump off Rodgers back?

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was this the game some of the Favre faithful give him due credit?

I am not on the Favre side of the whole GB break up, but I have been very ******* Rodgers through the whole process because I wanted to see him come through in the clutch once before I 100% backed the guy. This game and last year against the Cardinals he showed that he can show up for the big games.

This game officially begins my 100% backing and support for #12. He didn't go nuts statistically, but he did show that he is capable of matriculating the ball down the field. His stats would have been even better if the WR's didn't drop so many balls (including a TD).

What does everyone else think, did he do enough to prove himself to the stingest of neh sayers?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For now it did. Rodgers had a lot of pressure to win his first playoff game, now it's on to winning his first ever superbowl. If he handles the pressure again the same way he did for this game, I have no doubt he can handle anything.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brett slobbers will NEVER give him credit..

Make the playoffs and win a playoff game...particularly a close one at the end and I am sold!

So this guy Pete is a Rodgers supporter now?

I bet he will find a reason to still hate him, right Pete?

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I know the media liked putting this big monkey on rodgers back (alot of this because of Favre) but honestly I dont even think he had one to begin with. We all know the first playoff loss wasnt even Rodgers fault (please dont bring up the Jennings missed pass). You're telling me that he has some huge monkey on his back going into his second post-season game? Making it to the playoffs after replacing a "legend" and doing it the way Rodgers has is a large feat in itself. Not to mention putting up the numbers he did in that first playoff loss. I just think its ridiculous that he had a "monkey on his back" going into this game. I can understand it if you're 0-3, 0-4 in playoff games, but not with only one playoff game.
I am happy Rodgers has a playoff win under his belt, but more or less just so the media will shut up about it already. I think its great that in his interview after the game Rodgers himself said he didnt even feel like he ever had a Monkey on his back.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Favre hates the packers now. He was watching this game hoping rodgers would fail. Im glad he one this game. This is just another step separating favre and rodgers

His daughter was rooting for Vick (posted it on her twitter)

So next week they root for Matty?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not exaggerating when I say that it makes me disgusted to hear that.

While Vick did serve his time still makes me sick to know what he did...And I agree with you

Ted/Mike/Rodgers haters rather root for Vick then the Packers?? That says a lot of their HATRED and bitterness towards those 3 guys

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
to root for vick, or should i say against Rogers silently is one thing, but to post your feelings on twitter so everyone can see, give me a break.

Reaction score
While Vick did serve his time still makes me sick to know what he did...And I agree with you

Ted/Mike/Rodgers haters rather root for Vick then the Packers?? That says a lot of their HATRED and bitterness towards those 3 guys

Now you know why Most packers fans hate Brett Favre. I was kinda turning around my hatred for him but some of the things he said the last couple weeks have really pissed me off. For example when he told Peppers to beat the packers. That is something that any QB with a brain or heart doesn't say. I don't regret the trade one bit infact I wish the packers would give Masthay the number 4 Jersey. I'd buy that jersey

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Favre ball-washers and knob-bobbers will never shut up. Nothing will be good enough for them. We lose next week, they'll say, "He's 1-2 in the playoffs and GB still has never won a division championship since Brett Favre left!" We win next week and lose in the NFC CG, and it will be "He's only 2-2 in the playoffs and GB has still never won a division championship since Brett Favre left!"

Seriously, the guy could win the next 10 Super Bowls, but if he retires before age 42, it's gonna be "Favre still has all the records and had a longer career." Losers.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I've heard radio people out of Chicago saying that Rodgers is the 2nd best QB in the league after Brady now.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was this the game some of the Favre faithful give him due credit?

I am not on the Favre side of the whole GB break up, but I have been very ******* Rodgers through the whole process because I wanted to see him come through in the clutch once before I 100% backed the guy. This game and last year against the Cardinals he showed that he can show up for the big games.

This game officially begins my 100% backing and support for #12. He didn't go nuts statistically, but he did show that he is capable of matriculating the ball down the field. His stats would have been even better if the WR's didn't drop so many balls (including a TD).

What does everyone else think, did he do enough to prove himself to the stingest of neh sayers?
I don't get it why this kind of post is even started and what kind of fan waits for Rodgers to win a playoff game to now be for him 100%.

Even though he has yet to win a SB and be among the elites he has always been awesome to watch.

This kind of post belongs on the Official Brett Favre Forum IMO.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I don't get it why this kind of post is even started and what kind of fan waits for Rodgers to win a playoff game to now be for him 100%.

Even though he has yet to win a SB and be among the elites he has always been awesome to watch.

This kind of post belongs on the Official Brett Favre Forum IMO.

Agreed FF. I read that whole post and thought to myself, wtf? When any other player joins the Packer squad, I don't think to myself, well, I am going to hold off liking this guy until we win a playoff game with him...

It's just one person's way of trying to climb on board the bandwagon now that Favre is gone.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I found the twitter postings from Brittony Favre's site. Posted the relevant twitters from her below. Not really sure why I did this as her 15 minutes of fame have been used up long ago. But, guess I am bored:

No. Pulling for Vick, actually. RT @stevenwitt @brittanyfavre so are pulling for the Packers to beat the Eagles tomorrow? 1:56 AM Jan 9th via twidroyd

Eh, I attribute the success to talent. RT @rockinrollah Yeah why pull for a team that made your family multimillionaires, right? 2:43 AM Jan 9th via twidroyd

Okay? But still cheering for Philly & my friends dad! “@ji711: @brittanyfavre let bygones be bygones and stop holding a grudge against us." Sunday, January 09, 2011 7:49:02 AM via Twitter for iPad

I don't want people to think I hate GB. I loved my time there! But come on, rivalries are fun..Congrats to the pack on the big win! about 3 hours ago via twidroyd

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett can go pound sand up his a**

Back on topic -

The only people who threw a monkey on Rodgers back were Brett lovers and the media. As far as I am concerned Rodgers proved he is worthy in last years playoff game against the Cards. He tore that field up and down all day long.

Members online

Latest posts