Did Burnett run his mouth

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Gonzalez been hanging out with Jonathan Martin? Trash talk on the field compelled him to retire? Please. That's just an excuse, even if it's true.

There is a reason the NFL doesn't live mic any of the players. They know the kind of language that is out there. If Gonzalez grew so long in the tooth that harsh language swayed his decision, then retiring was probably the right move.

This is a non-issue

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that I see the actual supposed comments it sounds more like Burnett was just talking to himself.....and I agree completely with him.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was J- Bush. Hey... at least he has the skills to back it up!

I hope you know that was a joke. lol

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush is a nobody to anyone outside of GB. Why would Gonzalez even give him the time of day to bring this up.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush is a nobody to anyone outside of GB. Why would Gonzalez even give him the time of day to bring this up.
Huh? Did you read the article? That's the issue here. ... that Gonzalez probably got the numbers wrong.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not like anyone knows who Burett is either. He is a starter but hardly a big name. I don't know why he brought it up at all. If it was Clay then its more of a story but not either of those 2.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not like anyone knows who Burett is either. He is a starter but hardly a big name. I don't know why he brought it up at all. If it was Clay then its more of a story but not either of those 2.

I agree. I don't even know who Burett is. Who is Burett?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Gonzalez's decision to even bring it up was more about no one from his own team coming to his defense than it was the actual comments made.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The story itself is flippin' hilarious. The very fact that Florio needed to fill column space with this kind of fluffy stuff says more about PFT than anything else - ah well - PFT has become "The View" of NFL media. I could be wrong, but I believe one of the ladies in the accounting department at work said to me, exactly what it's reported Burnett said to Gonzalez. So...where is MY story, huh? :cool:

Members online

Latest posts