Did anyone watch the Vikings-Lions game?

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings had no business losing this game. I have to give it to the Lions though...they are better this year then in a long time.

The Lions wanted nothing to do with Adrian Peterson. We stopped Kitna in the redzone and Calvin Johnson got away with an obvious push off. Can't complain to much on that though since Randy Moss did that for years in the NFC north. God only knows why Childress decided to throw the ball so much. This game was a W in so many ways for the Vikes.

Not to mention the terrible roughing the passer penalty on 3rd down that kept a Lions drive alive and they ended up with a touchdown. He was in the air and hit him as soon as he released the ball. He hit him in the chest, not the head, it was a terrible call.

There is no way we should have lost that game. Darn, I am going to have to start drinking again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had no idea when I started this thread that we would actually get a debate going between a Lions fan and some Vikings fans. This is awesome.

I don't agree with Troll's phrase "a fought out playoff battle" to describe the game. It was an exciting game, but it was pretty sloppy. They are two teams that are just trying to establish themselves. I really would like for the NFC North to become one of the best divisions in the league again, instead of one of the worst, as it has been pretty much ever since Tampa Bay left.

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I had no idea when I started this thread that we would actually get a debate going between a Lions fan and some Vikings fans. This is awesome.

I don't agree with Troll's phrase "a fought out playoff battle" to describe the game. It was an exciting game, but it was pretty sloppy. They are two teams that are just trying to establish themselves. I really would like for the NFC North to become one of the best divisions in the league again, instead of one of the worst, as it has been pretty much ever since Tampa Bay left.

Did I say playoff battle? I meant division battle.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
playoffs is definitly a possability for the first time in a long time for the lion's. As long as Kitna stays healthy, this offense is gong to be hard for anyone to stop. say what you want. you'll see. :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
LOL! Vikings and Lions talking playoffs.......LOLOL!!! :lol:
Now.....DIVISION battle, that it was!

I so can't wait for week 4.
Be careful what you wish for!!! :wink:

Big3.......the Lions are actually looking good this year (I haven't actually got to see them, but thats what i have heard) Looks like your long wait for a good team has finally come! Now......I hope Millen doesn't do something to mess it up! With him, the old saying seems to be true "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile!"

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well here's what i think happened cheesy. no proof obviously but from watching them this is what i have gathered. millen and ford have had too big of a hand in who plays and who doesn't. perfect example is joey harrington. Marty morningwood didn't want him, mooch didn't want him. they were forced to play him. That is obviously the biggest example but not the only time it happened i'm sure. This time it seems like the roster has been put in control of the people who are able to make good decisions. Rod for the defense and Martz for the offense. The lion's have had a huge change over in the roster in two years. only 23 players from last year are on the roster now. not to mention all the changes that happened last year. The locker room is solid for the first time since barry left. The change over also meant getting rid of good players that were bad for the team. Dre Bly for example. They are still trying to convert Sean Rogers but the jury is still out on him. It took a complete overhaul and coaches controlling things to get where we are. that is why i feel so confident about the team this year. Millen or not, things are looking good.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Big3, looks like your years of patience may be paying off now!
I hope your team does well, and gives you lots to be proud of this year!
(As long as the PACKERS do better!) :wink: :D

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well here's what i think happened cheesy. no proof obviously but from watching them this is what i have gathered. millen and ford have had too big of a hand in who plays and who doesn't. perfect example is joey harrington. Marty morningwood didn't want him, mooch didn't want him. they were forced to play him. That is obviously the biggest example but not the only time it happened i'm sure. This time it seems like the roster has been put in control of the people who are able to make good decisions. Rod for the defense and Martz for the offense. The lion's have had a huge change over in the roster in two years. only 23 players from last year are on the roster now. not to mention all the changes that happened last year. The locker room is solid for the first time since barry left. The change over also meant getting rid of good players that were bad for the team. Dre Bly for example. They are still trying to convert Sean Rogers but the jury is still out on him. It took a complete overhaul and coaches controlling things to get where we are. that is why i feel so confident about the team this year. Millen or not, things are looking good.

Thanks for the explanation. It does seem like Ford and Millen are finally just letting the football people do their jobs. Millen was badly lacking experience when he was hired, and maybe he is gradually figuring out how to be a GM.

I do think there are some gaping holes on that defense, however, and the O-line still seems a little spotty. The Lions will definitely be an exciting team to watch this season, but I don't see them as a playoff team, at least not yet.

The Thanksgiving game against the Packers should be a real treat, especially if both teams are in contention for playoff spots.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about the defense, although they have played surprisingly well throughout the first two weeks. That means either these guys were grossly underrated or we were playing very weak teams (probably the latter, this defense scares me it SHOULD be so bad). the offensive line hasn't gelled yet but is better than we have had in years. LIGHTYEARS better. Philly's defense will be a good test of how good they really are, and how quickly Kitna can get rid of the ball. I am so excited about tomorrow. I feel like this is the true test of the lion's. are we for real? beating Philly at home would tell me a whole lot about where we stand.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Philly will be a good test. Even though they are 0-2, they are not the kind of team that will just roll over. They always play tough. Their defense completely stuffed the Packers' running game and did pretty well against the pass too.

I am very skeptical of the Lions' 2-0 start, but a win at Philly will make me think the Lions could really be a force this season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts