Did anyone watch the Vikings-Lions game?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a weird matchup. The Vikings have a very good defense and lousy offense. The Lions have a very good offense and lousy defense. There were a total of 10 turnovers in the game--5 for each team. It will be interesting to see how the Packers match up against these two teams. I think the Packers can beat them, but each team is capable of making big plays (the Vikings on defense, the Lions on offense) so they will be capable of beating just about any team on a good day.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
There were a total of 10 turnovers in the game--5 for each team.

yet people\media will say the Lions are the team to watch in the Nfc North!

The team to watch implode....

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I don't know, Kitna showed alot in the second half after comming back into the game. Grit, heart and toughness. I think the Vikes secondary is suspect yet. But it was a sloppy game.

Johnson is a player, just watching him grow in his career will be a treat. AP looked really good as well, but I think Johnson will be a different level.

It was nice to see Calhoun contribute this year, another good Badger back.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i watched some and listened to some. everything i heard was that it was a close game full of mistakes. don't think it would have been nearly as close if Kitna hadn't been out for so long. Then again Jackson wouldn't have fumbled the snap in over time the way bollinger did. close game. the old lion's would have lost it. Glad they pulled it off this time. Let's see how close next weeks game against the eagles is. then we will know if the lions are for real. I expect them to lose at Philly. just like 2004 when they started out 2 - 0.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Jackson looks really raw... man did he throw up some ugly throws.. I wonder if Childress is starting to rethink his throwing this kid into the fire. He will have these bad games.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I would have liked to see that game. Sounds like both teams have some weak spots.

Be careful what you wish for. It was ugly.
I bet it was! But seeing two teams you don't really care for, bumbling around, would be FUN!
Hopefully they will keep it up!
The only thing that would have meade it better was if they BOTH had lost! :lol:

Pack93z

Reaction score
I will tell you what, it was better than the sleeper Chicago game, golly was that second half boring. I had three different TV's going, on to watch this game, one on the chicago game, and the Raider game.

Gotta love Sunday ticket :)

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard on the Minneapolis based fan station today that the Vikings cheated yesterday, and that was said by one of the announcers who was at the game and is a viking fan. Didn't get all of what he said, but did catch those words. He also made the statement that he couldn't tell his son that his team cheated, but his son would probably find out in pre=school today.

What is this with the cheating? First, the Patriots; not the vikings? I have always told my two children and the students whom I taught, that if you have to win by cheating, it isn't a good game.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Heard on the Minneapolis based fan station today that the Vikings cheated yesterday, and that was said by one of the announcers who was at the game and is a viking fan. Didn't get all of what he said, but did catch those words. He also made the statement that he couldn't tell his son that his team cheated, but his son would probably find out in pre=school today.

What is this with the cheating? First, the Patriots; not the vikings? I have always told my two children and the students whom I taught, that if you have to win by cheating, it isn't a good game.
Whats really sad is, if they did cheat........they still LOST!
Think how bad it would have been had they not cheated???
(If they even did.....i have no idea)

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before people start to get any ideas of the Lions and there 2-0 start just remember they have beat the Raiders and Vikings probably 2 of the worst teams in the NFL this year and the Lions almost blew a lead againist the Raiders and barely pulled out a win againist the Vikings.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep. and also remember we have mike martz as offensive coordinator, a veteran qb, and 4 damn good receivers. oh yeah, and an over acheiving defense so far. we'll just see if the lion's are for real. and i hope you guys keep laughing them off.....................all the way to the playoffs.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah. two of those were from our 3rd string QB. i'm sure you don't care about that part though.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah. two of those were from our 3rd string QB. i'm sure you don't care about that part though.

Why was your third string QB in?

Was your line that bad that your QBs kept getting beat up?

(see how i'm working this? I'm good)

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because our qb was out for part of the game with a mild concussion and our second string qb is still nursing an injury from the preseason. those were JT O'Sullivan's first passes in an NFL regular season game. Our O line is much better than it has been in years. you're not nearly as good as you think you are. know something about a team before you rip on their performance. especially when they WON THE GAME.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since when is mentioning a team turned the ball over 5 times 'ripping' them?

Sounds like a good old fashion FACT to me.

You can sugar coat it all you want. That's your prerogative.

Speaking of WINNING THE GAME, the Packers are 2-0, but yeah, I'm sure they're not as good as I think they are. :) I'm sure the turnover-happy, millen-run Lions are much better. lol.

:wink:

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we'll find out after sunday won't we? best idea we can get without actually playing one another.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
best idea we can get without actually playing one another.

apparently you missed that part. yes, see how we both did against the same opponent. instead of waiting 2 months to have more **** to talk.

Members online

Latest posts