Dezman Moses

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It’s just the second of June and the Packers have already released three players so getting excited about any UDFA is almost by definition premature at this point.

Last edited:

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny how both the Press Gazette and Journal Sentinel both ran the same article today essentially. Much too early to get excited about an UDFA. We had the same excitement from Vic So'oto last year and he was MIA once the season started. Of course, I'm still excited to see if he will make that jump b/w year 1 and year 2 with a full off-season program.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny how both the Press Gazette and Journal Sentinel both ran the same article today essentially.
I won't click to read the JSonline articles because they limit us.
I give all my attention to the Press Gazette as long as they remain free.... although that might end soon too dammit.

Yeah the athlete here looks pretty good. What trouble did he get into at Iowa? Usually colleges let them get away with a lot before they get in trouble.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So'oto last season and Jones two years prior to that. It's better than looking bad at this point, but it should be taken with a grain of salt. So'oto is still a string possibility, coming with a CBA shortened offseason, he still did very impressively and has a chance at a strong career.

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same with Jamari Lattimore, he was suppose to be coming on pretty strong last year before he was concussion plagued

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that since the emergence of Sam Shields in 2010, there's been a new focus on UDFAs in Green Bay. We're all hoping for the next guy to come out of nowhere and contribute to a championship. It's not likely but always possible. We'll keep our fingers crossed for Dezman

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that since the emergence of Sam Shields in 2010, there's been a new focus on UDFAs in Green Bay. We're all hoping for the next guy to come out of nowhere and contribute to a championship. It's not likely but always possible. We'll keep our fingers crossed for Dezman

YEa but Sammy Shields is going to have to step up this year or he'll be forgotten before ya know it.

I rarely get excited for UDFAs...usually they go undrafted for a reason.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit I got excited when I read the article on Moses. I think the guy has a chance. May he lead us to the Promised Land.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YEa but Sammy Shields is going to have to step up this year or he'll be forgotten before ya know it.
Agreed, but that wasn't the point of my statement.

Most people like the underdog story much more than the story of the 1st round pick. Therefore, when one of these UDFAs shows some flash, especially with what Shields did in 2010, they get even more excited. Shields like the rest of the Packers' defense, had a bad 2011 season. They all need to play like champions.

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I heard Wilde mention this article during the past week.

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For this guy to get any playing time, that pretty much means the #1 pick Perry will have to sit..... we hope Perry is a beast and justifies that draft pick.
But it never hurts to have 3 lethal rush-backers.

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If Moses excels rushing the passer in the NFL – and of course there’s no way to know if he will at this point.

Last edited:

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Jack. His goal should be to supplant the pedestrians backing up our OLB - Zombo and Walden. They've been nothing special since getting here. If this kid is that special, I'd rather he and So'Oto be our backups and let's try to cultivate their potential. Because neither Zombo nor Walden have much potential.

Training camp needs to get here ASAP!

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Jack. His goal should be to supplant the pedestrians backing up our OLB - Zombo and Walden. They've been nothing special since getting here. If this kid is that special, I'd rather he and So'Oto be our backups and let's try to cultivate their potential. Because neither Zombo nor Walden have much potential.

Training camp needs to get here ASAP!

I dont believe Walden and Zombo are as bad as everyone thinks, Walden had his best game for the Packers on January 2, 2011 starting against the Chicago Bears. Walden led the team with 3 sacks and 16 tackles and was named NFC Defensive Player of the week. Where as I've heard many times Zombo is our best coverage OLB. I'm not saying they're both going to have breakout years I just think it'll be harder for Moses to beat them out than everyone thinks. Having said that, I'm really excited to watch these training camp battles!!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say that I hope Moses beats them out. I hope he takes their spot. I hope he wins it. That's not saying that Walden or Zombo are terrible; not even saying that they're bad. I just want to upgrade the position, and if Moses beats them out, then that's an upgrade.

Reaction score
I agree with an earlier post, "too early". It appears that he has all the tools to be be an exceptional player! As far as off field issues....................there are worse things than public intoxication. I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'.
Trapped

Members online

Latest posts