dexter mcCluster ?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers signed a young guy that would be nothing but a kick returner this off season...remember Charles Dillon? At least that's all I thought he would be for now, if anything. Well at least we currently have some competition for the position.
That's key to me, really.

I think it's one hard task to find a guy that can flat-out manhandle a position. Sometimes you predict one will, but it doesn't turn out that way.

But the competition, excluding the QB, takes the best of everyone.

Just having a shadow will make Blackmon better. And that's why I want another kicker, at least for TC.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously we're disagreeing that Trindon is worthy of a late round pick. That's fine.
That's the point. I'm not talking about Holliday. And neither it was your question.

It was about strickly KR/PR guys being effective/important in the NFL. I do think they're worth a late round pick.

I do think Holliday will be a very good one, though...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the point. I'm not talking about Holliday. And neither it was your question.

It was about strickly KR/PR guys being effective/important in the NFL. I do think they're worth a late round pick.

I do think Holliday will be a very good one, though...

It's nice having a good returner, no doubt. Of course returners can have an impact on a team, any player can. Usually getting a pure returner prospect in the draft doesn't yield many great results from what I've seen. Maybe you know something I don't.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Run DMC is nasty just because he can do it all KR/PR/RB/Slot, but if we are talking about getting a good returner then we need to look at mardy gilyard. Even though we dont really need a WR this guy is explosive and has GREAT field vision. Oh yea and he is ranked top 12 in NCAA history for KR yds.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's nice having a good returner, no doubt. Of course returners can have an impact on a team, any player can. Usually getting a pure returner prospect in the draft doesn't yield many great results from what I've seen. Maybe you know something I don't.

Look......our special teams could not get any worse. Making the statement that our special teams suck......does not even describe how ****** it really is. Its obvious that what TT or our coaching staff has done so far to improve in this area.........has not worked. I heard this statement somewhere but not sure where.....and I will share it with everyone.

"Doing the same thing over and over.....and expecting different results........is nothing short of insanity":suicide2:

Now......with all that being said.........I am pretty sure that picking someone like Holliday in like the 5th or 6th round.........isn't going to hurt any. I mean ****.......look at Harrell and Brohm!!!! Both of those were a total waste.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

???? The '05 Bears had Devin Hester who was singlehandedly keeping that team in on certain games. Had Hester not scored or returned for as many yards as he did I think the bears would have lost at least 5 or 6 games out of their 13-3 season and never make the playoffs.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
???? The '05 Bears had Devin Hester who was singlehandedly keeping that team in on certain games. Had Hester not scored or returned for as many yards as he did I think the bears would have lost at least 5 or 6 games out of their 13-3 season and never make the playoffs.

Yup...........and for the Bears coaching staff .......that took Hester out of that role and made him a receiver.......well......what a bunch of morons.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Uh, he certainly helped them, but their defense was beyond amazing. They basically got to the SB with that dominating defense.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now......with all that being said.........I am pretty sure that picking someone like Holliday in like the 5th or 6th round.........isn't going to hurt any. I mean ****.......look at Harrell and Brohm!!!! Both of those were a total waste.

Yes it could. We could use that draft pick for a different position we need more.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it could. We could use that draft pick for a different position we need more.

The positions we need more should already have been addressed by the 5th or 6th. Now I am just randomly throwing these guys names out there in different rounds, its not my Mock Draft and some of these guys will be gone but others have a good chance of being there when we make our picks.

1st Round / OT Charles Brown

2nd Round / CB Brandon Ghee, Perish Cox or Dominique Franks
other possible picks OLB Koa Misi, Navarrow Bowman

3rd Round / Safety Nate Allen, Reshad Jones, or Darrel Stuckey
4th Round /OLB Rickey Sapp, Dekota Watson
5th Round / DE George Johnson
6th Round / Punter Mesko
7th Trindon Holliday

I think most of our needs would pretty much be met and it does not even count the extra 2 picks we get. The only other needs would be to fire our special teams coach......and kick the tree stump named Jarrett Bush to the curb.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The positions we need more should already have been addressed by the 5th or 6th. Now I am just randomly throwing these guys names out there in different rounds, its not my Mock Draft and some of these guys will be gone but others have a good chance of being there when we make our picks.

6th Round / Punter Mesko
7th Trindon Holliday

I think most of our needs would pretty much be met and it does not even count the extra 2 picks we get. The only other needs would be to fire our special teams coach......and kick the tree stump named Jarrett Bush to the curb.
Most experts are predicting Nate Allen to go to early 2nd, not beyond late 2nd, and that Ghee, Cox and possibly Franks could be available in the 3rd.

Then again, Mitch King was as far as a 2nd rounder last year, and didn't even get drafted.

But I like your picks... And agree with Mesko and Holliday. But some are saying that he's a late 5th...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd much rather get more depth at other positions from the 5th round and on. In the 2nd or 3rd it would be ideal to get a returner/other position.

What's with everyone loving Mesko? He's a good punter and all, but it seems like everyone wants to draft him in the 5th or 6th.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd much rather get more depth at other positions from the 5th round and on. In the 2nd or 3rd it would be ideal to get a returner/other position.

What's with everyone loving Mesko? He's a good punter and all, but it seems like everyone wants to draft him in the 5th or 6th.
Have you seen the last 2 guys that punted for the Packers?

It's not about Mesko, it's about them. But Mesko do projects as a nice punter, and has played in similar conditions to Lambeau...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

6th Round / Punter Mesko
7th Trindon Holliday

I see that someone has been reading my material... :)

Have you seen the last 2 guys that punted for the Packers?

It's not about Mesko, it's about them. But Mesko do projects as a nice punter, and has played in similar conditions to Lambeau...

Mesko is everything and anything this team needs. Zoltan Mesko is the savior and answer to anything green bay. GO ZOLTAN!!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see that someone has been reading my material... :)

Mesko is everything and anything this team needs. Zoltan Mesko is the savior and answer to anything green bay. GO ZOLTAN!!
There's that, also.

Having the Mighty Quinn and the Great Zoltan on your team is priceless IMHO...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is he better then Matt Dodge or any other of the top Punter prospects in the draft?

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is he better then Matt Dodge or any other of the top Punter prospects in the draft?

I think alot of people like Matt Dodge. Me personally........if we got Dodge or Mesko I would be fine with it. They are both pretty good......in my opinion.

Members online

Latest posts