Detroit now front runner to win NFC North?!!?!??!

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With 7 weeks left of the Season and Detroit coming off a big win on the road, are the lions now the favorite to win thhe division!?
I was in Lion territory on Sunday and had pre-game Lion radio on in the jeep... Their fans seem to think they are lined up for a home playoff game ( Which would be thee first EVER in the city of Detroit).
With that win over Chicago and Green Bay unable to do anything with #12 out this doesn't seem too far fetched now... Don't get me wrong... I'm still taking GB to win the division BUT lets just look at the next 3 games. (3 Rodger-less games)

GB has: @ Nyg, vs Vikes and @ Lions
Bears: vs Ravens, @ Rams and @ Vikes
Lions: @ Pit, Vs Bucs, vs GB

I can see us beating the Vikes at home.... But NYG is all of a sudden just 1.5 games out of 1st place in the horrible nfc east and the Lions will be playing out of their minds on turkey day...

The Bears could easily lose 2 of their next 3.

....and Detroit could very possibly win their next 3 and go up 1 or 2 games....

The next 3 games are suddenly HUGE!

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to win 2 of our next 3 games. It's that simple. 2 wins gives us 7-5. Losing 2 has us at 6-6. I fully believe this team with Rodgers back can turn a 6-6 into a 10-6, but that will be very difficult and at that point we might be chasing tiebreakers also.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly Detroit is the front runner.
They are in 1st place in the division, the Bears still suck and the Packers can barely field 45 healthy bodies on any given Sunday.
Give the Packers all their starters back in good health and it's no contest.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit is clearly the front runner since they have the easiest schedule the second half of the season, have a tie-breaker over the Bears and get to play Green Bay without Aaron Rodgers. There is absolutely no reason the Lions shouldn't win the division. They control their own destiny.

The question is easy: Do you trust the Lions, who are healthy, to beat two last place teams and the Packers without Aaron Rodgers or do you trust Scott Tolzien to rally the team and win on the road against the Giants and Lions?

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Detroit’s remaining schedule below - Depending upon Rodgers return they could be favored in all remaining games. The Lions are currently 6-3 and my best guess they end up 11-5. That only gives the Packers one more loss and they need to beat the Lions in Turkey day to control any tie breakers.

at Pittsburgh Steelers 3-6
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0-8
Green Bay Packers 5-4
at Philadelphia Eagles 5-5
Baltimore Ravens 4-5
New York Giants 3-6
Minnesota Vikings 2-7

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles, Giants, and Ravens are all teams they could lose to I think. They are all better than their record if they show up with their A game. I can see the lions dropping 2 to them.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if Stafford goes down like Rodgers has? And Cutler has?
Who's their backup these days, Eric Hipple?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers don't make it and the Lions do, I'll be rooting for them.
If anyone else, besides the Packers of course, deserves to make it deep into the playoffs it would be the Lions after the terrible seasons they had and something to lift up the spirits of that bankrupt and dilapidated city.

CW21NumeroUno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we will go 1-2 the next 3 if Rodgers isnt back by thanks giving. We will beat the Vikings at home but lose to the Giants and Lions if Tolzien is QBing this team. sadly, 10-6 wont get us a wild card spot so we'd have to pray that the Lions and Bears get into a funk...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
the Lions could very win the Division ... by default. Unless, as Frank points out, Stafford goes down. I'm just NOT liking this stretch of Aaron-less Packers football, but am not about to throw in the proverbial towel. I'm thinking that I'll just let the season play out as they always do.

Reaction score
the Lions could very win the Division ... by default. Unless, as Frank points out, Stafford goes down. I'm just NOT liking this stretch of Aaron-less Packers football, but am not about to throw in the proverbial towel. I'm thinking that I'll just let the season play out as they always do.

Yeah, I would have felt a whole lot better had we won against Philly and pulled the Bears game out b/c both games were so winable which is frustrating. I would have been jumping for joy to have just beaten the Bears, but these last two games have been hard to watch sober. Seven games to go; just got to play the hand we're dealt until AR can get back on the field and until then, see what shakes out. We're 5-4 and still in the mix for the division and it would be an understatement to say we are much overdue to start catching some breaks. The Lions aren't the same team we've seen choke it up and self-destruct in the past, so that scares me, but they could return to form just as easily. Here's hoping they do.

Members online

Latest posts