Details of Robinson's detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel much better about this signing for the team. Now it's just Robinson dealing with his off the field issues.

Here are the details, just heard them on NFL Network.

2 year deal, not sure the money but 0 up front. Meaning GB could cut him and take 0 hit to the cap.

If he gets suspended this year, the deal will not count toward the season. So pretty much if he sits this year, the deal starts up next year. Pretty much he'll be here for 3 years including the this year.

Hope I explained that good. So the contract was worked out very well. I give credit to the front office for that, let's just see if this translates to the field.

He'll likely be suspended but he'll appeal it so he'll probably play 3 to 4 games with us. Maybe 5 if we're lucky. depends how fast the NFL moves.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good move. Bring in a turd who's talent is not nearly worth the risk.

You know... the same guy that you made fun of as a Viking.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

I never made fun of him as a Viking. I liked Robinson as a Viking and thought he was a solid player.

Not everyone on here speaks for me.

:roll:

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question - Let's say he's suspended for a season, but his appeal lets him play to week 4 or 5.. will he not be ready to play until week 5 of next season? Anyone know?

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
subin said:
Question - Let's say he's suspended for a season, but his appeal lets him play to week 4 or 5.. will he not be ready to play until week 5 of next season? Anyone know?

Good question. I believe you are right. I could be wrong but a year long suspension would be 16 games I would assume. Don't take my word for it though. Just taking a wild guess. :-?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know. I am trying to find a link with contract details but can't find one. What Porky reported was different then what I heard.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I don't know. I am trying to find a link with contract details but can't find one. What Porky reported was different then what I heard.

Adam Scheffner on NFL Network reported it. No guarnteed money is the most important thing I look at and that's what he said.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

You're right Phil the hypocrisy is ridiculous among SOME. I hope he helps but I don't know. I'm not one of these guys that rips players on character...especially teams because everyone has them. Hell I'm still p1ssed we didn't get TO....you know the "cancer" who has never been arrested or even charged with a crime.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Philtration said:

You're right Phil the hypocrisy is ridiculous among SOME. I hope he helps but I don't know. I'm not one of these guys that rips players on character...especially teams because everyone has them. Hell I'm still p1ssed we didn't get TO....you know the "cancer" who has never been arrested or even charged with a crime.

Yeah DePack, I hear ya. The funny thing is Koren was in big trouble with the Vikes for missing meetings. Its not just being a drunk as some would lead you to believe. Oh yeah and he got busted for marijuana. At least TT did something even if it was 3 months late and the worst possible choice

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Philtration said:

I never made fun of him as a Viking. I liked Robinson as a Viking and thought he was a solid player.

Not everyone on here speaks for me.

:roll:

True that brotha!

What is the risk anyhow? I thought it was stated we could cut him with no loss?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a turd whos talent isnt worth the risk? a guy who had a 1200 yard season and followed it with a pro bowl season... yeah we totally blew this deal.... what a turd. not risking a damn thing and got pro bowl talent... stupid TT

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admit that I was pushing for this signing after the first day it was reported that TT was talking to him. (The first day I was aghast) Now that the terms are known, I can see no negative to it. I'm just glad that TT is still trying to improve this team. I've resigned myself to believing that the young guys on our squad will continue to improve. I really believe that they are a year away from making their mark in the league. By then, they should be scary to any team in the league. We have talent like Hodge, Blackmon, Colledge, Poppinga, et al, who will only get better. It doesn't look like it now but we have the makings of a really good team. My nature is not normally so optimistic but I believe we have good reasons to be optimistic. We've just got to suck it up until promise becomes actuality, It WILL happen for us. Mark my words.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
The funny thing is Koren was in big trouble with the Vikes for missing meetings. Its not just being a drunk as some would lead you to believe. Oh yeah and he got busted for marijuana. At least TT did something even if it was 3 months late and the worst possible choice

That all makes me feel a whole lot better about what is currently happening in Green Bay. I would have much rather seen T.O. with his media sideshow at Lambeau than a 3 time loser like Robinson. Like DePack said, at least T.O. has never been charged with anything...

I guess TT is truly following the Bengals model... Including signing turds facing criminal charges. What's next? Inviting Snoop Dogg to Fanfest to promote his latest "***************" video? :roll:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so, TO rips apart EVERY team he plays for BUT because he's allegedly never been arrested, that makes him ok?? puhleeeez!!!

i think this is where each of us needs to look at ourselves - have not ONE of you been arrested for ANYTHING before?? if i have to be the first one to admit it then - heck yeah - i've been arrested. illegal trans of alcohol when i was in high school & a few speeding tickets. have NONE of you tried marijuana?? again - i'll admit it, i've had a few puffs. trucker bob got 3 DUI's before he went to alcohol rehab & nearly killed himself in several one-car accidents. he is 11 years sober now.

when bozz said k-rob is probably a totally different guy when he's not drinking/drugging - that'd be my guess exactly!! k-rob can change with help. TO?? there's NO helping that ******!!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
so, TO rips apart EVERY team he plays for BUT because he's allegedly never been arrested, that makes him ok?? puhleeeez!!!

i think this is where each of us needs to look at ourselves - have not ONE of you been arrested for ANYTHING before?? if i have to be the first one to admit it then - heck yeah - i've been arrested. illegal trans of alcohol when i was in high school & a few speeding tickets. have NONE of you tried marijuana?? again - i'll admit it, i've had a few puffs. trucker bob got 3 DUI's before he went to alcohol rehab & nearly killed himself in several one-car accidents. he is 11 years sober now.

when bozz said k-rob is probably a totally different guy when he's not drinking/drugging - that'd be my guess exactly!! k-rob can change with help. TO?? there's NO helping that ******!!

I always had the keys passed to me back in my drinking days. The theory being that I was the only one of the crew that never had a DUI and that I must be charmed.

I guess it would be hard for me to judge Koren on drinking or drinking/driving for that matter. As for how I feel about him being a Packer, I'm on Pyle's side on this. I think it is hypocrytical to pass on other free agents for character issues, and then sign Koren.

BUT, if Koren comes in, keeps his nose clean and plays well, I think Packer fans will forget some of this. How many of us forgot about the problems of Andre Rison when he caught that touchdown in SB XXXI.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Onterrio Smith is probably avaliable.
I'm sure his suspension from the league is up by now, and he's quicker than Green.

Give a guy another chance, right?

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration: Not nearly worth the risk?
pyledriver80: worst possible hoice?

Koren Robinson is an alcoholic. He's not an arsonist. He's not a child molester. He's never burned a flag in public. Get over it.

This is a great deal for the Packers. Two holes filled with pro-bowl talent at ZERO risk. If you want to bash TT for something then find a bad move to complain about.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 year deal at the vets minimum of $524,000 per year. Because he was signed after the first game of the season, he is basically on a week-to-week contract. If he f@cks up, he is gone with no future monies coming his way.

No risk. Still don't like it. I have no problem with guys not being angels...hell, Wayne Simmons was one of my favorites and I would like a few more like him on this roster.....but Robinson, despite what he can bring if/when healthy.....is a proven turd when it comes to character. Yes, we can argue that alcohol is an illness, etc., etc., etc........but his alcoholism IS currently a big part of his character. Would you trust a drunk to do the right thing?

Personally, I would like to see him sit this year, and if his documented progress warrants (and the NFL and legal system allow), put him on the roster next season. He will then have at least earned the opportunity and, more importantly, some element of trust from teammates.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Packnic said:
a turd whos talent isnt worth the risk? a guy who had a 1200 yard season and followed it with a pro bowl season... yeah we totally blew this deal.... what a turd. not risking a damn thing and got pro bowl talent... stupid TT

Isn't it funny the ones who complained about Ted not making any moves complain when he does make a move?

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Packnic said:

Isn't it funny the ones who complained about Ted not making any moves complain when he does make a move?

I see that as well and there are some on here that bash him no matter what but there are some that never say a bad word about the guy. So it works both ways.

Props to DePack for wording his post above. SOME fans. I hate when people assume everyone thinks the same about one player. Wording your posts right is what makes them good.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Barnett is very happy,,,, his bar sales seems to be on the road to constant improvement !!!

By the way I have never been arrested on DUI,,,,, I guess I have been very, very lucky !!! I have spilled my drinkks from time to time anyway !!!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Personally, I would like to see him sit this year, and if his documented progress warrants (and the NFL and legal system allow), put him on the roster next season. He will then have at least earned the opportunity and, more importantly, some element of trust from teammates.

I think that's kind of what TT is doing here. He knows that he's likely to be suspended at some point but is making a claim on him now for future years. If he cleans up his act (unlikely, given his past), he'll be a Packer in the future, if not, he's gone.

I don't mind the signing, but I think it smacks of hypocrisy, which is one of my least favourite things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts