Delay of game on the Defense...How??

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the first drive of the game where Cincinnati scored, Ahmad Carroll was flagged for delay of the game.

I have not heard a good explanation of what he did to get flagged.

What did he do?? I don't understand how a cornerback can delay the game.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He shuffled his feet in an attempt to get the WR to jump which is a delay of game penalty. That's the explanation that the refs gave anyway.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
He shuffled his feet in an attempt to get the WR to jump which is a delay of game penalty. That's the explanation that the refs gave anyway.

Sherman - to his credit - was very vocal about that - and stated out loud that he dis-agreed with that targeting of Batman II - which is what that was....

The Refs were making a statement at the start of the game - for all to understand where they were intending to focus their attention.... and needed an example.... another case of ----

LAZY REFEREE-ING :!:

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a BS call!!
I had never seen it or heard of it before and I have played and watched alot of football in my lifetime.
I think it is a perfect example of how chicken---- the officiating has become.
I think most people who regularly watch NFL football are sick of watching these guys carpet the ground with yellow flags game in and game out.
It is hard for me to believe that the powers that be in the NFL really want this type of officiating but the only ones complaining seem to be the fans and talking heads.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"..shuffled his feet.."?

Was it a buck and wing...or a cramp roll?

or was he clogging..perhaps?

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that the defense could bounce around all they wanted until the NFL changed the rule to you could not enter the neutral zone and make the offense flinch. Then somewhere along the way it became making the offense flinch.

Now I still do not understand how a cornerback delayed the game. How much time on the clock was wasted? How did he impede the play of the Bengals when they had not snapped the ball? Did the offensive player move??

I have never seen or heard of such a call until now and I really do not understand it.

I really dislike referee conspiracy talk (especially from Viking fans) but I do know that Caroll has deserved a reputation with the officials due to his language and demeanor with them when he discusses a call. But I find this particular penalty unfounded.

The Packer cannot win a Super Bowl with Ahmad Carroll at CB.

BTW Joey Thomas argument that he is not flagged as much as Carroll was not a good one.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
BTW Joey Thomas argument that he is not flagged as much as Carroll was not a good one.

Considering he didn't play nearly as much it's pretty obvious why he doesn't get flagged. Actually, Thomas just lets the receiver fly right by him. He'll never get a holding penalty that way!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denial is not just a river in egypt (ok, this joke sucks in print)

Carroll backers, i respect you for sticking through this..but for the love of god...open da eyes! Open Da Eyes!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Carroll backers, i respect you for sticking through this..but for the love of god...open da eyes! Open Da Eyes!

Hey now I am not saying he's friggin Deion Sanders. I am only saying he IS our second best CB regardless of Joey T being here or not. I watched the games man I wanted Joey in over Ahmad and then I got what I wanted and regretted it soon after. Atleast if Ahmad gets burnt on a play he has the speed to do something and the WILL to chase him down. Joey doesn't :(

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:

Hey now I am not saying he's friggin Deion Sanders. I am only saying he IS our second best CB regardless of Joey T being here or not. I watched the games man I wanted Joey in over Ahmad and then I got what I wanted and regretted it soon after. Atleast if Ahmad gets burnt on a play he has the speed to do something and the WILL to chase him down. Joey doesn't :(

Carroll is a huge intimidator...not only will he chase them down, he'll tackle them before they even think about getting the ball. :penflag:

fact is Joey Thomas' attitude and work ethic got him starting over Carroll, not his talent. it's really ironic that his attitude got him released just the same.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:

Carroll is a huge intimidator...not only will he chase them down, he'll tackle them before they even think about getting the ball. :penflag:

fact is Joey Thomas' attitude and work ethic got him starting over Carroll, not his talent. it's really ironic that his attitude got him released just the same.

I don't recall mentioning 'inditimidation' as a factor or ... at all in my posts regarding Carroll being a better CB then Thomas.

This is pathetic how some of you are making me out to be a damn Carroll bandwagon person when I'm far from it. I am only saying he is our SECOND best CB and is better than Thomas has shown.

Weigh all in and evaluate the talent each offered up. Unfortunately the best CB aside from Harris is Carroll. That is all I am saying. I am not saying he is the next Darrell Green or Dale Earnhardt (to blend in arrows remark)

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I don't recall mentioning 'inditimidation' as a factor or ... at all in my posts regarding Carroll being a better CB then Thomas.

This is pathetic how some of you are making me out to be a damn Carroll bandwagon person when I'm far from it. I am only saying he is our SECOND best CB and is better than Thomas has shown.

Weigh all in and evaluate the talent each offered up. Unfortunately the best CB aside from Harris is Carroll. That is all I am saying. I am not saying he is the next Darrell Green or Dale Earnhardt (to blend in arrows remark)

i can't figure out how you survive 24 hours being as defensive as you are Slick. i was agreeing with you while making fun of Carroll. did you read the second part where i threw Joey under the bus? take a nap or something, you're grumpy and incoherent.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Zero2Cool said:

i can't figure out how you survive 24 hours being as defensive as you are Slick. i was agreeing with you while making fun of Carroll. did you read the second part where i threw Joey under the bus? take a nap or something, you're grumpy and incoherent.

I wasn't singling you out (I do understand how me using ur comment as a quote to offer an example would make you feel otherwise).

I would appreciate if you would keep your inaccurate remarks about myself, to yourself.

I'm gonna give you incoherent as I can understand you may not be able to understand what I say because it requires a bit of thinking to understand.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I wasn't singling you out (I do understand how me using ur comment as a quote to offer an example would make you feel otherwise).

I would appreciate if you would keep your inaccurate remarks about myself, to yourself.

I'm gonna give you incoherent as I can understand you may not be able to understand what I say because it requires a bit of thinking to understand.

thanks for giving me a pass on that last post Slick. you see, it's only after i re-read them that i understand they contain an immense wealth of knowledge and useful perspective. it's just that they're are so complex you know? it's hard for the average reader to wrap his brain around the plethora of insight and delicate intracasies you provide.

thanks again for that pass buddy! :|

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan go take care of my kids, and your wife.

But uh yeah....Mike Hawkins is in the mix now, so give him a ...day...and he'll be better than carroll. Hopefully they wont have to do the patented boxing glove technique on Hawkins in practice. carroll=worse than joey thomas.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Zero2Cool said:

thanks for giving me a pass on that last post Slick. you see, it's only after i re-read them that i understand they contain an immense wealth of knowledge and useful perspective. it's just that they're are so complex you know? it's hard for the average reader to wrap his brain around the plethora of insight and delicate intracasies you provide.

thanks again for that pass buddy! :|

Congrats on using a dictionary to be a '****' :)

Just got back home so how is Hawkins, Carroll and others doing?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actualy, with exception of one flag at BatmanII, that everyone around me, even in IR, couldn't see -- which caused a tremendous amount of booing... Well, let's just say Ahmad Carroll is actually gettting better and had two outstanding playstoppers.... Where were you guys... at the Shot bar.....?

Latest posts