Deja vu all over again.............

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some observations from the past week/season:

Offense:
1. We apparently do not plan to EVER pass in the 10 - 15 yard range or in the middle of the field. We now have an all or nothing mentality of just chucking the ball long...never Favre's strength, but what he is currently being asked to do.

2. Samkon Gado needs work, but displayed much potential.

3. Grey Reugamer should have been starting for the season.

4. There simply is not talent left to tap.

Defense:
1. While much improved, the unit has a way to go to be considered good. They are very much like Daunte Culpepper or Tom Rossley...statistically deceiving, making enough bad decisions to turn a win into as loss. But at least there is a foundation to build upon for the future...something you could not say in the past.

2. They are typically left on the field too long in the second half to perform late in the game.

Special Teams:
1. Worse than it has ever been. Return coverage is non existent and our guys are whacked before they can even head upfield.

2. Scheme in all areas is not impressive. While you can lay it on the players for some time, the time is now to recognize that the scheme is bad and would remain so no matter who was on the field.

Coaching:
1. While having not much to work with, this team consistently does enought to overcome turnovers/mistakes in the first half to remain competitive. But, we consistently see that the offense has no answers to other teams halftime adjustments and tanks for seaond halves with stunning regularity. Look back several weeks and the trend is clear...second half trainwrecks every time.

2. Bates is doing a decent, but his units are consistently abandoned by the offense for the second half of games only to contribute to the collapse late in the 4th.

Future:
While it will be mighty tempting to take Reggie Bush if/when he is available, this team needs SO MUCH to turn it around that the logical choice is to trade out of the spot and get the king's ranson that doing so would yield. We can get a fine RB later and stock up on other much needed talent.

There are really no more words left to describe what we are witnessing on a weekly basis....bad coaching, bad execution, by a bad group of players, with noteable exceptions.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this is the case then the rest of the NFL sucks. The Packers have had a chance to win almost ALL of their games at the end. I know..I know they have lost. I think 90% of the reason for this is injuries. It is difficult to be consisitent on offense especially at QB when there are different players out there with you every week. If the Packers have "bad coaching, bad execution, by a bad group of players" they SHOULD be getting blown out.

I think if they get their wounded back add a gamebreaker on offense (Bush)....they will be right back in the thick of it next season. Just my opinion.

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ill agree with DePack other than its about 70 percent injury and 30 percent coaching and the only reason were not getting blown out is the heart of the pack JUST DONT GIVE UP GUYS

Members online

Latest posts