Defensive Free Agents

crash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After looking through somw of the free agent list for next year(depending on accuracy), seems to be some interesting one among them.....
Kendrell Bell from Steelers, Cory Simon from Eagles, Adrian Wilson from Card's.. am I in fantasy land just dreaming of guys like these...

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FA list

I'd like to know where you found the info. I've searched all year long and can only find 2004 data. I've herd about Simon and Tommy Polly?, LB, Rams but not much else on the defensive side. What's your sources?

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we have much cap space and have some serious questions to answer with our own free agents to be. Unless we make a trade(Green) we are probably going to have to upgrade the D through the draft and hopefully Sherman won't be running things then.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I'll keep saying it, it's going to take money and lots of it to upgrade this D. GB can't sign all their FAs and expect to have money left over for the D upgrades needed. It's time the D comes 1st. Unless Franks, Rivera and Whale will sign for less than market value, GB will have to let them go and use the money to sign good FAs. The Draft is a fantasy. GB doesn't do a very good job w/ it, and the last couple of years have been abysmal at best. Even if they do draft a good one, Barnett, they're still going to make rookie mistakes and go through the NFL learning curve. If Farve is still around, they don't have time to take this type of approach. Will Farve be back; that's the key to the approach they take.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once Favre retires - that should free up significant $$$$$ Until then - No way!

One thing's for sure - nobody wins a SuperBowl without a great Defense.

Pack66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our admin guys MUST make some moves to free up some money. No way Sharper gets $8 mil next year. And it really sounds like the cap is going to go up next year. The rumors have it at like a $5 mil increase. With the way contracts are structured $5 mil gets us 2 quality FA. Say a S and a DT or LB.

Members online

Latest posts