Dee Ford and Nick Perry

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but he'll only play there when Matthews is hurt.

Perhaps, or it suggests that his struggles from the left side stem from confidence and familiarity. With increased time on the strong side he might duplicate his success on the right. He did start to show more fluidity and burst on the SS after his spurt of success on the right.

D

Deleted member 6794

Perhaps, or it suggests that his struggles from the left side stem from confidence and familiarity. With increased time on the strong side he might duplicate his success on the right. He did start to show more fluidity and burst on the SS after his spurt of success on the right.

He didn't have a single sack or QB hit rushing from the left side. His run stop percentage wasn't great either.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't have a single sack or QB hit rushing from the left side. His run stop percentage wasn't great either.

He didnt play much from the strong side after his injury against Detroit. That he looked more fluid and comfortable on the SS after his spurt of production is just a personal observation. I honestly think that he looked more natural afterwards and I even saw him dip his pads and attack the edge a couple of times.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Matthews do really well in 2010 on the left side? Am I missing something or is a switch just out of the question for some reason?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Matthews do really well in 2010 on the left side? Am I missing something or is a switch just out of the question for some reason?

They like him more on the right side where his explosiveness and fluidity play up more, also they feel it allows him to play in more of a finesse role.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts