[DEBATE] Staff

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: [DEBATE] Thompson Vs. ...

DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:
We have to keep discussing it Porky because the redundancy that is Pyle will never let us move on!

Funny, in 4 pages I didn't say a word and then you bring up my redundancy? Seems to me your redundancy about my redundancy is redundant. How Ironic.
It is because you have the same outlook on every subject. TT sucks, TT signed the wrong guys, TT should have done this. Do you hate that man so much that you can't find any silver lining in this upcoming season?

Pyle I really think you know alot about football, but you're negativity about the current Packers prompts me and other posters to rip on you.

You have the right to say anything you want so go to it, but remember something, the Green Bay Packers are the professional team with the college spirit.

That spirit transcends to the fans and some of us approach each season like we are going to the super bowl. You have been pissing on the Wheaties since day one. Do you find it unusually that some fans take offense?

You can rip on me, I don't mind Dakota, but don't act like my negativity for this team is unfounded. I don't come on here and state "TT sucks" and then run away. I give you reasons why TT seems to me to be unable to produce a winning football team. I like to debate things but when it turns into "Pyleland" or "the redundancy that is Pyle" after 4 pages with NOTHING from me, then you are no longer debating, but rather trying to bait. If I am a "TT hater" and you disagree with everything I say doesn't that make you a "TT lover". Doesn't that make you just as guilty as me, but on the other side of the coin?

I don't know but honestly it seems to that you and other members take some kind of enjoyment on Piggybacking each other in attacking me. It's similar to what went on to Pack66. The difference is you won't get under my skin like you did his. You guys take some kind of childish self fulfillment out of it or something.

You can have your views and I can have mine, but constantly dwelling on the fact that "I don't think like you" seems a little strange to me. You must or you wouldn't come into a 4 page discussion that I did not even contribute to and bring up my name.

If you think this team is anywhere near competing or that the future is bright, thats fine, ignore my posts. If you want a different outlook than the rosey picture you like to paint with your optimism, than debate the facts that I,DePack,Lare and others base our opinions on. It seems you have questions in your mind about your optimism and hearing our opinions bothers you because it's not what you want to hear and that bothers you, forcing you to go on the defensive.

In the end we are all Packer fans but seem to have different opinions on this teams leadership.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought that some of you might be interested in what a former NFL scout (retired because of health) and current draft guru had to say on this topic.

former NFL scout and acclaimed draft analyst said:
What a disgrace some of you posters reflect. Shame on you for being jerks. A disgrace to the name of Green Bay Packers and using the name of excellence to display your total ignorance of facts and truth.

I am almost to the point of being totally ashamed to admit I am a part of this board. What a disgrace.

Just on this thread I am embarrassed to read the crap that is contained within the flow.

Just because some of us appreciate the hard work and effort of Mike SHerman and will not allow such dishonesty to spew forth from the fingers of some on here does not mean we have our heads up Sherman's rear end. How dare you post this crap. Shame on you.

Some of you remind me of blithering idiots with no memories at all. Smoke them dull did you??? I say this facetiously of course but I do have to wonder.

Remember the 1998 season of Holmgren when he really did not care at all what GB did as he was planning on jumping ship?

Remember the futile attempt by Ray Rgodes who was in over his head that season and just flat out blew this team apart?

Remember all the predictions of doom and gloom when Sherman was named the new head coach.

Remember the fact and truth that Mike Sherman brought this sorely divided team together and they won 9 games the first season and 12 the next season. Remember the 12-4 record and the title of being the best team in the NFL that next season and how this team was destroyed by severe injuries. Remember the 53 wins in his first 5 seasons (the second best in Green Bay history and in the top 7 of all time in the NFL

I do not care what you say but Mike SHerman did not start the process of ruining this damn team and I take objections to anyone who posts differently.

I am just damn tired of reading this kind of crap and fed up with smart mouth blabbers. I strike out with venom at times and then I regret it. This time I will show no remorse. Mike SHerman is no longer a part of the Green Bay Packers organization. As far as I am concerned he worked extremely hard and had some unfortunate things happen to his 3 year run as GM and 6 year run as head coach. To call his stay here as bad and disastrous is totally a lie and shame on anyone who says differently. Sure he could have done better and who knows what might have been - The packers were so close to 3 Super Bowl appearances and fell short ( two to devastating injuries and a 3rd one due to poor coaching and poor play of their stars) Still Green Bay went to the playoffs in 4 of 6 seasons and gave us exciting seasons.

For that I will thank Mike SHerman for his efforts and shake his hand (which I did by the way back in APril) Now I am looking forward to 2006 and hoping like crazy that Ted Thompson has made the right choices. The hiring of SHottenheimer is very poor in my view. He has been sorely criticized everywhere he has gone. He is a poor coach in my opinion. I believe we could have done a heck of a lot better but I am in no way a voice in how things are done at 1265 Lambeau Ave. I will cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:
We have to keep discussing it Porky because the redundancy that is Pyle will never let us move on!

Funny, in 4 pages I didn't say a word and then you bring up my redundancy? Seems to me your redundancy about my redundancy is redundant. How Ironic.
It is because you have the same outlook on every subject. TT sucks, TT signed the wrong guys, TT should have done this. Do you hate that man so much that you can't find any silver lining in this upcoming season?

Pyle I really think you know alot about football, but you're negativity about the current Packers prompts me and other posters to rip on you.

You have the right to say anything you want so go to it, but remember something, the Green Bay Packers are the professional team with the college spirit.

That spirit transcends to the fans and some of us approach each season like we are going to the super bowl. You have been pissing on the Wheaties since day one. Do you find it unusually that some fans take offense?

You can rip on me, I don't mind Dakota, but don't act like my negativity for this team is unfounded. I don't come on here and state "TT sucks" and then run away. I give you reasons why TT seems to me to be unable to produce a winning football team. I like to debate things but when it turns into "Pyleland" or "the redundancy that is Pyle" after 4 pages with NOTHING from me, then you are no longer debating, but rather trying to bait. If I am a "TT hater" and you disagree with everything I say doesn't that make you a "TT lover". Doesn't that make you just as guilty as me, but on the other side of the coin?

I don't know but honestly it seems to that you and other members take some kind of enjoyment on Piggybacking each other in attacking me. It's similar to what went on to Pack66. The difference is you won't get under my skin like you did his. You guys take some kind of childish self fulfillment out of it or something.

You can have your views and I can have mine, but constantly dwelling on the fact that "I don't think like you" seems a little strange to me. You must or you wouldn't come into a 4 page discussion that I did not even contribute to and bring up my name.

If you think this team is anywhere near competing or that the future is bright, thats fine, ignore my posts. If you want a different outlook than the rosey picture you like to paint with your optimism, than debate the facts that I,DePack,Lare and others base our opinions on. It seems you have questions in your mind about your optimism and hearing our opinions bothers you because it's not what you want to hear and that bothers you, forcing you to go on the defensive.

In the end we are all Packer fans but seem to have different opinions on this teams leadership.

I admit to not being here that much so I may have missed something, but I have wondered about this venom directed at pyle myself. The last line (which I changed to bold and underlined) is hard to say anything but here! here!

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TT should have kept Ruegamer at Center and let Wells play Guard.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sherman as GM truly believed that the Packers were only a couple of players away from being a Super Bowl team again. His moves were clearly to fill holes and keep the team together.

When he first took over as GM, the team was $20 million over the salary cap and needed to sign both Longwell and Sharper. With Brandt's help, they got the team under the cap and signed both top FAs. That was a bigger task than TT had with last year's cap situation and needing to sign either Wahle or Rivera -- of course he decided to sign neither.

Sherman worked hard to make this team great and competitive. He made several mistakes along the way, but he also made some very good moves.

TT thusfar has been doing a great job in the draft. He's found some very talented athletes. However he has not done very well in FA. He continually chooses inexperienced draftees over veteran players. It's a plan of building for the future, but we will suffer with sloppy play full of mistakes. This team could come together this year, but it is sorely lacking in veteran leadership to do so. I think this preseason is a sign of how the regular season will go -- one game terrible, the next game great. I disagree with his choice of MM as HC, but maybe a hard-nosed rookie HC is the right thing for this young, inexperienced team.

In the end, I truly believe that both Sherman and TT have worked long and hard to make the Packers the best team in the league. Their approaches as GMs are almost completely different. Sherman got this team very close and I hope that TT's will do the same.

GO PACK GO!!!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

former NFL scout and acclaimed draft analyst <-- Without a name the words are meaningless rambles. What health causes? Has said person recovered enough to live a "normal" life?

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This Sherman/TT thing is getting really old, they are two very different people IMO. Sherman did a great job for us when he was here, I have said it before that you cannot judge a coach by "one" bad year. We have went to the playoffs for many years with Sherman as our coach, yes it did take more then Sherman to get us there, but the bottom line is, when someone bashes just "one" person on our team its crazy, cause just remember it takes the "whole" team to make a team "great", not just one man. Sherman is a good person who cared about the fans. Coaches can coach be great coaches, but without a great team around them forget it, just like Brett Favre, Favre can do all he can, but if the team dont rally around him it wont work. Its a team effort...

TT I really cant judge yet, the only thing I can say is we had lots of money in the beginning of the season, I just dont know why we couldnt pick up some really "great" players/veterins.

I will support my team no matter what, I am hoping for everyone that was on the team last year, that we have a better season then last.

GO PACK!!!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the difference is that the TT supporters are merely supporting the team in its current state, holding hope and believing we have what it takes for the long haul. not one person in here that supports TT says hes perfect... i even highly dislike some of his moves.... with that said though, hes done well so far in my opinion and i trust his plan because he built a superbowl team in Seattle.

On the other hand, some people want to bash everything TT does... today TT took a dump that was 4 inches long... the pyle or someone comes in and says we had the money for an 7 inch turd. you get my drift. the nfl aint as easy as some people seem to think it is. you dont compete for a championship every year.... you have off years. if you can name a GM that has had his team in the race for a superbowl... EVERY YEAR SINCE THE NFL WAS STARTED... ill tuck my tail. We will be ok.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pyle, I agree.
This buisness is not easy to keep up with. I understood what MS was trying to do back then but I don't think he realized how FAST things can change. His decision to make moves in an attempt to shore up certain positions had far reaching effects on the future teams. I didn't and I don't think he recognized this.
We were by far the most talented team in the division and one of the most talented in the league in in the 02's 3's but by '04 we were losing that status.
Where we had far more talent than the Bears, Vikes, and, Lions in previous years by '05 we had no more than maybe two guys that could have started on the Bears defense. And with that defense they won the division.
There is so much turnover and so many moving parts that every move today has to give consideration to what it means down the road.

Remember,we signed Kamp, Green, Woodson, Pickett, Henderson, Allen, Manuel, and other FA's and would still need a couple of experience guards, a wide receiver, a bona-fide pass rusher, and probably a youngbuck stud at running back AT the LEAST to make a run THIS year. And we still wouldn't be as good defensively as the Bears.

THAT'S A REACH GUYS! But things change quickly. I expect by next year with the "0" line getting the PT they need we will have gotten the WR we need, a bona-fide pass rushing DL and somebody ready to step in for Green at RB and we will be BACK.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I also thought Sherman was a decent coach but lousy GM and his own poor drafts are what sunk him in the end. Sending him to Houston seems like cruel and unusual punishment however.

Canadian packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Ted Thompson

It shocks me that we he took over... The packers were coming off a NFC north title. The took away sherman GM roll because everyone expected more. With TED we are 4-13 and more losing in sight. It looks like the packers are going to rebuild for a long time...

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerChick said:
This mess starts with him. All the free agents he let slip away. Lets call for him to be dumped.

Thanks TT, I really appreciate seeing Brett on his *** because he has a rookie O-Line. I also really appreciate the solid D we now have that allowed 26 points today. I could go on but "Thanks" Teddy, Thanks !!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Canadian packer said:
It shocks me that we he took over... The packers were coming off a NFC north title. The took away sherman GM roll because everyone expected more. With TED we are 4-13 and more losing in sight. It looks like the packers are going to rebuild for a long time...

Yeah, those regular Division Titles we were winning, that some took for granted, don't look to bad now !!!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It started when we let are 2 all pro gaurds go. Then we didnt give Javon his money and Sherman and his gm duties left us with Robert Ferguson instead of Chris Chambers! Wait it gets better we also have Ahmad Carroll instead of CHRIS GAMBLE. AND THE BEST OF ALL WE PICKED JAMAL F***ING REYLONDS IN 2001 THE 10TH PICK OVER Wow

#11 Dan Morgan
#13 Marcus Stroud
#16 Santana Moss
Steve Hutchinson
Casey Hampton
Nate Clements
Deuce McAllister
Reggie Wayne
Todd Heap
Drew Brees
Alge Crumpler
Chad Johnson

There are more but i think if i go on i will start to cry Thanks to sherman he has drove the packers into the ground with his drafting but no lets thank sherman because he let us have some winning seasons but after that make it no where because of him we have lost of time of becoming SB champs and now we are going to have to face the facts and wait probably 4-5 years before we can become contenders again

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score

School is in full session now for TT because this is now his team. He's had two drafts and Woodson, Manual, Kenrick are all his boys. So is Gado and Herron and the entire offensive line. But before I blame Thompson too much I'm going to go back to what I said two years ago and that was that this was team going in the wrong direction. Sherman had overpaid players, drafted poorly and not only were the starters not playing great, there was no depth on the team. What you're seeing under Thompson is not only the end result of the Sherman era, but the beginning of the Thompson era. He's got on more year on my scale to get this turned around. I'm going to give those linemen this entire season to see if they get better, because if they do, the offense will work. I'm going to see if this coaching staff can improve our defense. Supposedly the players are there to be good, now lets just wait and see. The preseason and todays first game sure make it look like an early F for Thompson, but lets see if he gets it right in the long run.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerLegend said:
It started when we let are 2 all pro gaurds go. Then we didnt give Javon his money and Sherman and his gm duties left us with Robert Ferguson instead of Chris Chambers! Wait it gets better we also have Ahmad Carroll instead of CHRIS GAMBLE. AND THE BEST OF ALL WE PICKED JAMAL F***ING REYLONDS IN 2001 THE 10TH PICK OVER Wow

#11 Dan Morgan
#13 Marcus Stroud
#16 Santana Moss
Steve Hutchinson
Casey Hampton
Nate Clements
Deuce McAllister
Reggie Wayne
Todd Heap
Drew Brees
Alge Crumpler
Chad Johnson

There are more but i think if i go on i will start to cry Thanks to sherman he has drove the packers into the ground with his drafting but no lets thank sherman because he let us have some winning seasons but after that make it no where because of him we have lost of time of becoming SB champs and now we are going to have to face the facts and wait probably 4-5 years before we can become contenders again

Are you kidding me. This is TT's team and it stinks. When TT came in we were a playoff team and now we stink. Blaming this on Jamal Reynolds is laughable. TT is awful, time for him to face the music!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score

we need to get rid of ted as fast as possible if we want to win games.

can anyone list at least 7 reasons ted should still be manager.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score

packedhouse01 said:
School is in full session now for TT because this is now his team. He's had two drafts and Woodson, Manual, Kenrick are all his boys. So is Gado and Herron and the entire offensive line. But before I blame Thompson too much I'm going to go back to what I said two years ago and that was that this was team going in the wrong direction. Sherman had overpaid players, drafted poorly and not only were the starters not playing great, there was no depth on the team. What you're seeing under Thompson is not only the end result of the Sherman era, but the beginning of the Thompson era. He's got on more year on my scale to get this turned around. I'm going to give those linemen this entire season to see if they get better, because if they do, the offense will work. I'm going to see if this coaching staff can improve our defense. Supposedly the players are there to be good, now lets just wait and see. The preseason and todays first game sure make it look like an early F for Thompson, but lets see if he gets it right in the long run.

Like another 6 years??? :roll:

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TT Is trying to rebuild through the draft and when teams are rebuilding you cant expect them to be any good. The good news is we will get the first pick in the draft. I thought it was a joke when TT brought in McCarthy instead of making Bates the head coach.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

umair said:
we need to get rid of ted as fast as possible if we want to win games.

can anyone list at least 7 reasons ted should still be manager.

I can't think of more than 1-2 but I can think of 35 reasons he should go

Members online

Latest posts