[DEBATE] Staff

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Time is of the essence

cali....I really believe that IF these guys are the answer then Favre will be there for another year or two and who knows?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

boyd do you really think its that easy to win a superbowl.

sounds like you live in py... well you know where i mean.

TT has to fix messes and set up his team.... the cat built a superbowl team in seattle, he knows what he is doing... rome wasnt built in day.

hes gonna make mistakes, make stupid calls, but hes also gonna make great moves... no one is perfect

the fact that you are calling for a guys head after one season is ridiculous. and shows your knowledge of how the pro game works inside and out/

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packnic said
"the cat built a superbowl team in seattle..."

No he didn't. Holmgren did.

Man, all TT had to do was fix the o=line and get another stud receiver, and that was it (besides the defense) and he didn't do that. That's all I wanted to see out of the guy this year. And he couldn't deliver it.

ONe has to wonder.....why?

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think Favre will be the first one to admit that he's never going to win another Super Bowl in his career, and I think he's come to grips with that. He now just plays the game to compete. It beats the aternative, not playing at all. That and the fact he's getting paid $11 million whether they win or lose.

Really, his main purpose now is to put bodies in the stadium seats and viewers in front of the television screen while we go through this rebuilding process. Anything more than that is an unexpected bonus.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

did you just nonchalantly say "(besides the defense)" as if its easy, and the defense is only 1 position or something?

you crack me up.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sure we havn't done anything great the last few years but people talk as if we were in last place every year. Take away last year and the Pack have had one of the best records the 5 years before. We stop the Eagles on 4th and (damn I'm not even going to say it again) and we probably go to the SB. So I don't see how the last few years have been a complete waste. I do like the desire you have to have a champion though.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cdnfavrefan said:
Sure we havn't done anything great the last few years but people talk as if we were in last place every year. Take away last year and the Pack have had one of the best records the 5 years before. We stop the Eagles on 4th and (damn I'm not even going to say it again) and we probably go to the SB. So I don't see how the last few years have been a complete waste. I do like the desire you have to have a champion though.

Um,.... those accomplishments were with the previous regime. With the current one we try to get more draft picks than wins. :wink:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yep the previous regime with all those superbowl titles, i mean division titles.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think some have to realize that MS didn't have to build anything. He had his nucleus set in place and he does deserve credit for Walker and Barnett, but overall he had many of wolf's players set in place for him. TT now HAS to build. It isn't a matter of "oh ok I'll plug this hole here and we're done!"....

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
yep the previous regime with all those superbowl titles, i mean division titles.

......as opposed to the current one where we've only experienced last place. :-?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lare said:
tromadz said:

......as opposed to the current one where we've only experienced last place. :-?

Ironic though that the coach that brought us 3 division titles ended up coaching a team that ended up in last place.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
did you just nonchalantly say "(besides the defense)" as if its easy, and the defense is only 1 position or something?

you crack me up.

You mean the way TT said it was "easy" to replace 2 guards because they were "expendable", and still hasn't been able to replace them two years later?

Yeah, that's real funny, funny man...

What i'm saying is that all TT had to do on the OFFENSE is solidify the o-line and provide another stud receiver for Favre and the offense would be better than ok. Thereby leaving alot of room for drafting and adding to the defense, and TT couldn't even do that!

He totally neglected building the offense in the 2 years that he's been here, and now we have a situation--a problem....Now that's sad, not funny!

I don't know why he didn't keep Grey Ruegemer at Center and slide Wells to the Guard position, then he would have only 1 OG position to fill. But what do I know, I'm not the genius TT. (thank god.)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TomAllen said:
tromadz said:

you crack me up.

You mean the way TT said it was "easy" to replace 2 guards because they were "expendable", and still hasn't been able to replace them two years later?

Yeah, that's real funny, funny man...

What i'm saying is that all TT had to do on the OFFENSE is solidify the o-line and provide another stud receiver for Favre and the offense would be better than ok. Thereby leaving alot of room for drafting and adding to the defense, and TT couldn't even do that!

He totally neglected building the offense in the 2 years that he's been here, and now we have a situation--a problem....Now that's sad, not funny!

I don't know why he didn't keep Grey Ruegemer at Center and slide Wells to the Guard position, then he would have only 1 OG position to fill. But what do I know, I'm not the genius TT. (thank god.)

Arguing with these guys is pointless Tom. There is a reason the majority of Packer fans criticize Thompson, and if a few can't see it they will have a rude wake up call.

It's really like Arguing over if Millen is a good GM. TT took over and the Pack went 4-12 and look to be in the same boat this year. He makes stupid moves, neglects vital parts of the football team, and produces a crappy overall product. Every time someone makes a point about TT's failures it is followed by excuses. If TT was anywhere near comptetent excuses wouldn't even be an option.

Some just are happy with a team period.Others, like you and I, remember the days of mediocrity and demand that our GM make the moves to put this team in it's best position to win, year in and year out. We judge a team by the Wins and Losses not by how much cap space we have. Optimism is eternal for some people. Living around Cleveland has proved this to me. Every year the Browns are going to be great, blah,blah,blah, and every year they stink. The atmosphere of losing has engulfed everyone and all they have left is some pipe dream. I refuse to be like that. Give me a good, competitive team, and I will rave about them. Give me a bunch of bargain garbage, and I will tell you they stink.

TT is showing himself to be one of the worst GM's in the league and GB is quickly becoming a laughingstock around the league. Just turn on any Sportschannel and listen to thier assessment of our team. Most do not have ulterior motives, like we do here, yet state it only as they see it. People will discredit thier credibility because reality is to hard forthem to accept.

The days of Brent Fullwood and Perry Kemp are looming around the bend for this team. Some fans are ok with this and some are not.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: [DEBATE] Thompson Vs. ...

I spent too much time debating TT this year already so let me just say TT aka "Termite Teddy" ( for the holes he left in the team ) is still far from being one of my favorite people !!! I sure hope he changes my mind !!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cory said:
I think some have to realize that MS didn't have to build anything. He had his nucleus set in place and he does deserve credit for Walker and Barnett, but overall he had many of wolf's players set in place for him. TT now HAS to build. It isn't a matter of "oh ok I'll plug this hole here and we're done!"....

I agree. The pieces were there when Sherman took over.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

porky88 said:
Cory said:

I disagree, Sherman needed to build a defense to go along with what he inherited. You guys determine what went on there. I am trying to stay on Depack's Peacewagon!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DakotaT said:
porky88 said:
Cory said:

I disagree, Sherman needed to build a defense to go along with what he inherited. You guys determine what went on there. I am trying to stay on Depack's Peacewagon!

Well how good did the Defense do under Sherman? :D

None the less Sherman is gone and TT is here. Why compare to the two right now. In 3 more years we'll know where the two stand in Packer history.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

porky88 said:
DakotaT said:
porky88 said:
Cory said:

Well how good did the Defense do under Sherman? D

None the less Sherman is gone and TT is here. Why compare to the two right now. In 3 more years we'll know where the two stand in Packer history.
We have to keep discussing it Porky because the redundancy that is Pyle will never let us move on!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DakotaT said:
porky88 said:
DakotaT said:
porky88 said:
Cory said:

We have to keep discussing it Porky because the redundancy that is Pyle will never let us move on!

Can we at least pick teams 1st? Team T and Team S. I don't like being captain so count me out. :D

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

porky88 said:
DakotaT said:
porky88 said:
DakotaT said:
porky88 said:
[quote="Cory":11ff3w4g]I think some have to realize that MS didn't have to build anything. He had his nucleus set in place and he does deserve credit for Walker and Barnett, but overall he had many of wolf's players set in place for him. TT now HAS to build. It isn't a matter of "oh ok I'll plug this hole here and we're done!"....

Can we at least pick teams 1st? Team T and Team S. I don't like being captain so count me out. D[/quote:11ff3w4g]Diggs and Depack are the captains, the rest of us are mere pawns Porky!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DakotaT said:

Funny, in 4 pages I didn't say a word and then you bring up my redundancy? Seems to me your redundancy about my redundancy is redundant. How Ironic.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:

Funny, in 4 pages I didn't say a word and then you bring up my redundancy? Seems to me your redundancy about my redundancy is redundant. How Ironic.
It is because you have the same outlook on every subject. TT sucks, TT signed the wrong guys, TT should have done this. Do you hate that man so much that you can't find any silver lining in this upcoming season?

Pyle I really think you know alot about football, but you're negativity about the current Packers prompts me and other posters to rip on you.

You have the right to say anything you want so go to it, but remember something, the Green Bay Packers are the professional team with the college spirit.

That spirit transcends to the fans and some of us approach each season like we are going to the super bowl. You have been pissing on the Wheaties since day one. Do you find it unusually that some fans take offense?

Members online

Latest posts